University of Delaware Men's and Women's Basketball News

dawrestling

Top 100 Prospect
May 20, 2007
Fallbrook, CA
www.302sports.com
---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, Oct 18, 2017 at 2:02 PM
Subject: Blue Hens Picked Seventh in CAA Men¹s Basketball Preseason Poll; Daly Named Second Team All-CAA
To:

SUBJECT: Blue Hens Picked Seventh in CAA Men’s Basketball Preseason Poll; Daly Named Second Team All-CAA
DATE: October 18, 2017
RICHMOND, Va. -- The University of Delaware's men's basketball team was picked seventh in the Colonial Athletic Association Preseason Poll while sophomore guard Ryan Daly was selected second team All-CAA during the league's media day on Wednesday.
Charleston was selected to win the conference title according to a vote of the conference's head coaches, media relations directors and media members, receiving all but two first place votes. Towson was picked second in the poll and received the other two first place votes, followed by Elon and Hofstra. Two-time defending CAA champion UNCW was selected fifth, followed by Northeastern, the Blue Hens, William & Mary, Drexel and James Madison.
Daly (Ardmore, Pa./Archbishop Carroll) was named the CAA Rookie of the Year and selected third team All-CAA last March after leading the Blue Hens and all conference freshmen with 16.0 points and 7.4 rebounds per game. He appeared in all 32 games while making 21 starts, ranking sixth in the CAA in scoring and fifth in rebounding.
Daly reached double figures in 21 of the last 23 games including the final nine, and posted 11 20-point efforts. He set UD freshman single-season records for points and rebounds, was tabbed the team's MVP, and was selected CAA Rookie of the Week five times. He notched six double-doubles, including both conference tournament games against Hofstra and UNCW to earn CAA All-Tournament Team honors.
Joe Chealey of Charleston was named CAA Preseason Player of the Year and was joined on the first team All-CAA by Jarrell Brantley of Charleston, Devontae Cacok of UNCW, Tyler Seibring of Elon and Justin Wright-Foreman of Hofstra. Along with Daly, the second team consisted of Brian Dawkins of Elon, Rokas Gustys of Hofstra, Kurk Lee of Drexel, Mike Morsell of Towson and Grant Riller of Charleston.
Devon Begley of Notheastern, David Cohn of William & Mary, Nathan Knight of William & Mary, Jeremy Miller of Northeastern, Deshaun Morman of Towson, Eli Pemberton of Hofstra and Jordon Talley of UNCW were each selected honorable mention.
2017-18 CAA Men’s Basketball Predicted Order of Finish
1. College of Charleston; 2. Towson; 3. Elon; 4. Hofstra; 5. UNCW; 6. Northeastern; 7. Delaware; 8. William & Mary; 9. Drexel; 10. James Madison.
2017-18 CAA Media Basketball Preseason All-Conference Teams
First Team: Jarrell Brantley, Charleston; Devontae Cacok, UNCW; Joe Chealey, Charleston (CAA Preseason Player of the Year); Tyler Seibring, Elon; Justin Wright-Foreman, Hofstra
Second Team: Ryan Daly, Delaware; Brian Dawkins, Elon; Rokas Gustys, Hofstra; Kurk Lee, Drexel; Mike Morsell, Towson; Grant Riller, Charleston
Honorable Mention: Devon Begley, Northeastern; David Cohn, William & Mary; Nathan Knight, William & Mary; Jeremy Miller, Northeastern; Deshaun Morman, Towson; Eli Pemberton, Hofstra; Jordon Talley, UNCW
MEDIA CONTACT: Kevin Tritt | ktritt@udel.edu | Office: 302-831-8715 | Cell: 302-383-5005

Date: Fri, Nov 10, 2017 at 7:18 PM
Subject: Delaware Never Trails in Impressive 76-63 Season-Opening Win at Richmond
To:

SUBJECT: Delaware Never Trails in Impressive 76-63 Season-Opening Win at Richmond
DATE: November 10, 2017
RICHMOND, Va. – Delaware jumped out to a 33-point lead in the first half and held off a Richmond charge down the stretch as the Blue Hens never trailed in posting an impressive 76-63 season-opening men’s basketball road victory over the Spiders Friday night at the Robins Center.
Delaware, which won its season opener for the third straight year, used a 29-2 run during the first half and eventually went up 45-12 with 3:05 to play in the stanza. Richmond rallied twice but never got closer than nine in the second half.
Blue Hen sophomore Ryan Daly led the way with 22 points, while Eric Carter notched a double-double with 12 points and 12 rebounds. Freshman Kevin Anderson contributed 11 points in his UD debut, while Anthony Mosley was the fourth Blue Hen in double figures with 10 points to go with five assists.
De’Monte Buckingham paced the Spiders with 18 points and six rebounds, while Jacob Gilyard chipped in 17 points and four assists.
Delaware scored 10 consecutive points to jump out to an early 12-2 lead, and after Richmond pulled within 12-8, the Blue Hens exploded for an incredible 29-2 run to extend the advantage to 41-10 on a Jacob Cushing three-pointer at the 4:46 mark. The lead grew to as much as 33 at 45-12, before Delaware took a 49-20 cushion into the break.
The Blue Hens shot 75.0 percent from the field during the opening 20 minutes, and assisted on 15 of their 21 field goals.
Richmond reeled off a 14-2 spurt in the second half to pull within 56-42 and eventually got as close as 12, but Daly buried a contested three-pointer and Mosley added two free throws to push the margin back to 17.
The Spiders used a quick eight-point spurt to pull within 67-58 with 2:08 on the clock, but Delaware countered with a 7-0 run to put the game away.
HEAD COACH MARTIN INGELSBY
“This is a really big win for our program. Our team brought a competitive mindset into the game, and was ready to play from the tip. In the first half we executed our game plan, had a great rhythm offensively, and were good defensively. We made some shots, and got good balance with our offensive flow. I’m proud of how we executed for 40 minutes; this is a good win and is something to build on.”
RYAN DALY
“When Richmond came back late, we really responded in the last two minutes. We played a great first half but knew they would make a run, and to pull away late is very satisfying. This was a great game and I’m happy we came out with the victory.”
ERIC CARTER
“Richmond is a good program, and we knew they’d make a run. Tonight was a good experience for us. I feel we grew as a team and were in control the whole game.”
HEN SCRATCHINGS
• The Blue Hens shot 56.5 percent from the field and held a 30-26 rebounding edge
• Delaware improved to 3-2 all-time vs. Richmond
• UD started two freshmen (Kevin Anderson, Chyree Walker) in its season opener for first time since 2011
• Ryan Allen served the first of a three-game suspension for a violation of team rules
UPCOMING SCHEDULE
Delaware at Bradley - Tuesday, November 14 (8 p.m. ET)
Delaware vs. Wesley – Friday, November, 17 (7 p.m.)
Delaware at UNCG – November 20, 2017 (7 p.m.)
MEDIA CONTACT: Kevin Tritt | ktritt@udel.edu | Office: 302-831-8715 | Cell: 302-383-5005

--------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, Nov 10, 2017 at 4:29 PM
Subject: SUBJECT: Comeback Falls Short as Delaware Women's Basketball Drops 87-73 Verdict to Buffalo in Season Opener
To:

SUBJECT: Comeback Falls Short as Delaware Women's Basketball Drops 87-73 Verdict to Buffalo in Season Opener

DATE: November 10, 2017

BUFFALO, N.Y. -- The University of Delaware women’s basketball team’s fervent comeback attempt came up just short Friday afternoon as the Blue Hens dropped the season opener 87-73 to the University of Buffalo at Alumni Arena.

The game marked the Blue Hen head coaching debut of Natasha Adair as only the fourth head coach in the history of the Delaware program

The Blue Hens (0-1) cut a 20-point third quarter deficit to just 10 with 5:53 remaining, and to nine with 4:37 remaining, but a three-pointer by Mariah Suchan of Buffalo increased the lead back to 12.

Three different Blue Hens scored in double-figures, including sophomore Nicole Enabosi (Gaithersburg, Md./Our Lady of Good Counsel), who led all scorers with 18 points and nine rebounds. Senior Makeda Nicholas (North Babylon, N.Y./North Babylon) added 16 points while sophomore Samone Defreese (Bergenfield, N.J./Berkshire (Mass.)) scored a career-high 12 off the bench.

Delaware shot 26-34 (76.5 percent) from the free throw line for the game and connected on 10 of 12 attempts in the final period. Buffalo (1-0) connected on 11 three-pointers, outscoring UD 33-6 from behind the arc.

Buffalo placed three starters in double figures scoring led by 17 points from Cierra Dillard.

Delaware continues the season Monday night at the University of Hartford. Tipoff from Connecticut is scheduled for 7 p.m.

Delaware Head Coach Natasha Adair

“Today’s result is obviously not the outcome we wanted. I challenged our group today at halftime to finish strong when their lead had expanded. We talked about staying true to our principles. In the third quarter we made a run. You saw our veterans step up. I have to give kudos to Samone DeFreese. I thought she was a big spark for us off the bench. If we’re going to attempt 36 free throws, score 32 points in the paint and score 73 points, we’re going to win a lot of games. I believe that. We have work to do defensively, understanding our angles and our defensive concepts. Anytime you go and play on the road, you have to be focused for 40 minutes. We played spurts of really good defense, but we had a lull where they capitalized. All the credit to them.”

“We have good footage to be able to break down. Most importantly those first game jitters are out. I think all of the things that we have worked on and talked about are real. We need to be more intentional defensively and hold ourselves to having more discipline and focus on that end of the floor. Our locker room is not happy with the outcome, but they know that this is a business trip. We cannot allow the outcome today to affect the next. We will adjust and be ready Monday night.”

MEDIA INFORMATION: Contact Andrew Stern | Anwstern@udel.edu | Office: 302-831-6519 | Cell: 914-589-9666

Scott Selheimer

Assistant AD/Media Relations

University of Delaware, BCC

Newark, DE 19716

(302) 831-8007 office

(302) 562-5129 cell

selheime@udel.edu

BlueHens.com

rom: Hayon, Maggie L <mhayon@udel.edu>
Date: Mon, Nov 13, 2017 at 1:16 PM
Subject: Delaware WBB: Adair Announces First Recruiting Class in Davenport, Dickey, McBride
To:

NEWARK, Del. – University of Delaware head coach Natasha Adair announced Monday the addition of three student-athletes to the women’s basketball roster for the 2018-19 campaign.

The Blue Hens signed three to National Letters of Intent in Lolo Davenport, Jasmine Dickey and Paris McBride, all of whom will arrive on campus next summer.

“I’m really thrilled with this recruiting class,” exclaimed Adair, who is in her first season along the Blue Hens sidelines. “My first recruiting class at the University of Delaware has really shaped out to be a big one. We are signing some of the top players in the country, but the most important thing is that they are all character-first people. And that’s a big reason why they’re here. They fit into what we’re doing, they fit the chemistry of our current players and they’ll also help take us to the next level.”

Please click here for biographies on each of the three incoming Blue Hens in addition to comments from Adair and the respective student-athlete.

MEDIA CONTACT: Maggie Hayon, Assistant Athletics Communications Director | mhayon@udel.edu | O: 302-831-6389 | C: 302-379-9182

Maggie Hayon

Assistant Athletics Communications Director

University of Delaware Athletics

Bob Carpenter Center · 631 S. College Ave. · Newark, DE 19716

O: 302-831-6389 · C: 302-379-9182 · E: mhayon@udel.edu

BlueHens.com · @UDBlueHens · Facebook · #BlueHens

m: Tritt, Kevin M. <ktritt@udel.edu>
Date: Mon, Nov 13, 2017 at 3:22 PM
Subject: Delaware Sophomore Guard Ryan Daly Named CAA Men¹s Basketball Player of the Week
To:

SUBJECT: Delaware Sophomore Guard Ryan Daly Named CAA Men’s Basketball Player of the Week
DATE: November 13, 2017
RICHMOND, Va. – University of Delaware sophomore guard Ryan Daly was named the Colonial Athletic Association Men’s Basketball Player of the Week on Monday after leading the Blue Hens to their season-opening win at Richmond.
Daly (Ardmore, Pa./Archbishop Carroll) scored a game-high 22 points on 9 of 14 shooting during the 76-63 triumph over the Spiders on Friday, while adding four rebounds and two assists in 37 minutes of action. Delaware produced a dominating first half that saw the Blue Hens jump out to a 33-point lead, as UD never trailed in the contest.
Daly, last year’s CAA Rookie of the Year and a Preseason Second Team All-CAA pick this year, earned his first career CAA Player of the Week award. He was named the league’s Rookie of the Week six times last season.
Daly and the Blue Hens return to action on Tuesday with an 8 p.m. ET game at Bradley.

Date: Mon, Nov 13, 2017 at 3:22 PM
Subject: Delaware Men¹s Basketball Signs Ithiel Horton To National Letter of Intent
To:

SUBJECT: Delaware Men’s Basketball Signs Ithiel Horton To National Letter of Intent
DATE: November 13, 2017
NEWARK, Del. – University of Delaware men’s basketball head coach Martin Ingelsby has announced that Ithiel Horton has signed a National Letter of Intent with UD and will begin playing for the Blue Hens next fall.
Horton, a 6-3 combo guard from Vauxhall, N.J., is currently in his first season at Roselle Catholic High School. He averaged 10 points, three rebounds and three assists per game as a junior at St. Anthony, which closed last spring.
“We are very excited to welcome Ithiel into the Delaware basketball family,” Ingelsby said. “Ithiel is a young man we targeted early in the recruiting process and fits the type of perimeter players we want to have in our program. He is a big-time shooter who also has a high basketball IQ and feel for the game. He comes to us having played for two of the best high school basketball programs in the state of New Jersey and we look forward to him making an immediate impact when he arrives in Newark.”

----- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, Nov 13, 2017 at 10:12 PM
Subject: UNIVERSITY OF DELAWARE WOMEN'S BASKETBALL: Third Quarter Run, Enabosi's Career Night Pushes Blue Hens to 72-63 Victory at Hartford
To:

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

Date: November 13, 2017

Third Quarter Run, Enabosi's Career Night Pushes Blue Hens to 72-63 Victory at Hartford

HARTFORD, Conn. -- Behind an 18-2 third-quarter run and 22 points from junior Nicole Enabosi (Gaithersburg, Md./Our Lady of Good Counsel)the University of Delaware defeated University of Hartford 72-63 Monday night at Chase Arena. The victory was head coach Natasha Adair’s first at Delaware.

The Blue Hens (1-1) received key contributions up-and-down the roster, including 22 crucial minutes from walk-on Danielle Roberts (Dayton, N.J./South Brunswick (Georgia Southern)) who connected on her first career three-pointer.

After turning the ball over 19-times in the first quarter and 24-times in the first half, the Hens turned the ball over just four times in the third quarter. In addition to the 22-points, Enabosi added a career-high 17 rebounds, six assists, three steals and two blocks.

Delaware, who trailed Hartford (0-2) 46-42 with 5:39 left, outscored the Hawks 18-2 over the final five-and-a-half minutes of the third stanza. During the run, Bailey Kargo (Greensboro, N.C./Walter Hines Paige) hit a pair of threes, Enabosi scored six points and senior Makeda Nicholas (North Babylon, N.Y./North Babylon) added four of her 14-points.

In the fourth, Delaware held-off a late Hartford charge to hold on for the nine-point win.

Delaware returns to action Thursday night for the home-opener against American University. Tip-off from the Bob Carpenter Center is scheduled for 7:00 p.m.

Head Coach Natasha Adair:

“This team has fight. I told them after the game that despite all that there were moments tonight where we could have shut down. But that’s not who this group is. From day one, this group has been united, and they are set out to win. People are in different roles, people are receiving minutes that they’ve never gotten before. So it’s not going to be pretty right now. I know as a coach I’m going to look at the box-score and the film and cringe, but at the end of the day, I’m most proud of our fight. Our resiliency, our resolve. Tonight was a gutty team effort.”

On Danielle Roberts’ contribution:

“Danielle is a blue-collar player. She never complains. She has never had this opportunity. I told her, I just put you into hostile territory, and you responded beautifully. She was undoubtedly our spark tonight when we needed it. As a senior, she’s a leader. Danielle is a veteran, regardless of minutes played. I’m proud of her because this was an opportunity for her to see her hard work put into action. Her teammates are proud of her. After the game, everyone was in the locker room screaming her name. That’s a great representation of our group. There’s no hierarchy, no one player is more important than anyone else. I’m just very proud.”

On what the team needs to do ahead of Thursday’s contest against American:

“We’re going to enjoy the ride home. We won't turn the page to what’s next right away. I want them to really enjoy this. We’ll give them tomorrow off, and they’ll return to classes and rest up. This is an opportunity for us to bond on the ride home and reflect on the highs and lows of this game. Then we’ll get back to it. The coaches will probably watch film on the bus ride home and get our strategy together. But right now I want to enjoy this one.”

Nicole Enabosi:

On her performance tonight:

“When I’m on the court, I don’t really think about the numbers I’m putting up. I just let it happen. If we go a long time without a rebound, I try and grab a rebound. The same goes for a stop or a bucket."

On Danielle Roberts' contributions:

“I’m so happy for Danielle, everyone was screaming for her. The way she works and carries herself you wouldn’t ever guess that she’s a walk-on. The impact she has on the team is huge. Tonight she gave us a much-needed spark. She is confident and a great player to have on this team. I’m so happy for her because the hard work she’s put in is finally showing.”

Upcoming schedule:

Thursday, November 16, vs. American (7 p.m.)

Sunday, November 18, vs. Boston University (2 p.m.)

Saturday. November 24 vs. Saint Peter's (4 p.m.)*

*- at Saint Joseph's Thanksgiving Tournament.

HEN SCRATCHINGS:

• Delaware scored 70+ points in consecutive games for the first time since the 2014-15 season (Feb. 1-5)
• The Hens outrebounded Hartford by 26.
• Delaware's 46 rebounds are the most since Feb. 7, 2016, when the Hens brought in 51 boards (vs. Elon).
Samone DeFreese (12 points) scored double-digits for the second consecutive game.
• Enabosi recorded her 19th career double-double. Her 17 rebounds tied her career-high.

MEDIA CONTACT: Maggie Hayon, Assistant Athletics Communications Director | mhayon@udel.edu | O: 302-831-6389 | C: 302-379-9182

Andrew Stern

Athletic Communications Assistant (Base, Row, S&D, MWSoc)

University of Delaware

Bob Carpenter Center, 631 South

College Avenue

Newark, DE 19716

O-302.831.6519 | C-914-589-9666

GO HENS!

www.bluehens.com

Twitter: @UDBlueHens

Facebook: Delaware Blue Hens

Instagram: UDBlueHens

Snapchat: UDBlueHens

Date: Tue, Nov 14, 2017 at 3:05 PM
Subject: SUBJECT: Delaware Basketball Announces 12-Game Television Schedule for 2017-18 Season
To:

SUBJECT: Delaware Basketball Announces 12-Game Television Schedule for 2017-18 Season
DATE: November 14, 2017
NEWARK, Del.
-- University of Delaware men’s and women’s basketball action will be showcased on linear and digital partner channels 12 times during the upcoming 2017-18 season.
Delaware Athletics has secured agreements with regional affiliates NBC Sports Philadelphia, NBC Sports Washington, SportsNet New York (SNY), and COZI TV, Delmarva's NBC affiliate in Rehoboth Beach, to produce live broadcasts of three men’s games and one women’s game during the upcoming regular season.
These agreements will place the excitement of Delaware basketball into the homes of over 20 million viewers across the Northeast and Mid-Atlantic.
The live regional network broadcasts will include the following:
Delaware Women:
• Hosting American this Thursday, Nov. 16 at 7 p.m. (NBC Sports Philadelphia+, NBC Sports Washington+, COZI TV, and SNY)
Delaware Men:
• Hosting Drexel on Thursday, Jan. 11 at 7 p.m. (NBC Sports Philadelphia, COZI TV, and SNY)
• Hosting Towson on Thursday, Feb. 1 at 7 p.m. (NBC Sports Philadelphia+, COZI TV, and SNY)
• Hosting Elon on Saturday, Feb. 17 at 7 p.m. (NBC Sports Philadelphia, COZI TV, and SNY). The game will be aired on tape delay on SNY.
NBC Sports Philadelphia and Washington reach over six million viewers in Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Maryland, Virginia, D.C., and Delaware. SNY reaches 12 million nationally and is available to viewers throughout New York, Connecticut, New Jersey, and northeastern Pennsylvania, and nationally on DIRECTV, Verizon FiOS, Comcast Cable, and AT&T U-Verse. COZI TV can be seen throughout the Delmarva area in southern Delaware and eastern Maryland.
“We are eagerly anticipating an exciting men’s and women’s basketball season and are thrilled to bring the action to thousands of dedicated fans,” said UD Director of Athletics and Recreation Services Chrissi Rawak. “This is a great time to be a Blue Hen and we are excited to share the outstanding things happening at the University of Delaware with such an expansive audience.”
Jet Media will produce the televised games on behalf of the University of Delaware. The University was represented by Collegiate Sports Management Group during the negotiation of these agreements.
In addition to the linear broadcasts, the UD men’s basketball squad will appear twice on the new Colonial Athletic Association Game of the Week digital broadcast on CBSi that made its debut during the football season this fall. Delaware will appear on Thursday, Feb. 15 at Towson at 7 p.m. and again on Thursday, Feb. 22 at Drexel at 7 p.m. as part of the CAA package. These games are available for free on collegesportslive.com and on the College Sports Live mobile app.
The UD men’s basketball team will also appear twice on the road on ESPN3: Tuesday Nov. 14 at Bradley at 8 pm and Monday, Nov. 20 at UNCG at 7 pm. The team’s game vs. Northeastern on Saturday, Jan. 20 will be broadcast on NESN+ at 2 pm. In addition, Delaware's road game at Richmond on Nov. 10 was televised live on NBC Sports Philadelphia+ and NBC Sports Washington+ and the Blue Hens' home matchup vs. Notre Dame on Dec. 9 will be broadcast live on CBS Sports Network.
The UD women’s matchup at Princeton will appear on NBC Sports Philadelphia+ on Saturday, Dec. 2 at 5 pm.
All Delaware men’s and women’s home games will also be streamed live on bluehens.com and Facebook Live once again during the upcoming season.
Delaware men’s and women’s basketball season, group, and mini-plan packages are on sale now as are individual game tickets. Contact the Delaware Ticket Office by phone at 302-831-2257, by email at athletics-tix@udel.edu, or online by clicking on “Tickets” at www.bluehens.com.
Season tickets are available for as low as $85. Becoming a season ticket holder is the only way to guarantee tickets for the men’s home game against nationally-ranked Notre Dame on Dec. 9. Discounts are available for UD alumni, faculty and staff.
Four-game mini plans start at just $60 and package holders receive priority access to Notre Dame tickets, if tickets become available for the game.
MEDIA INFORMATION: Contact Scott Selheimer | selheime@udel.edu | Office: 302-831-8007 | Cell: 302-562-5129

Scott Selheimer

Assistant AD/Media Relations

University of Delaware, BCC

Newark, DE 19716

(302) 831-8007 office

(302) 562-5129 cell

selheime@udel.edu

BlueHens.com

Date: Tue, Nov 14, 2017 at 8:00 PM
Subject: Delaware Men¹s Basketball Drops 61-53 Road Decision To Bradley
To:

SUBJECT: Delaware Men’s Basketball Drops 61-53 Road Decision To Bradley
DATE: November 14, 2017
PEORIA, Ill. – Bradley used a late seven-point run to break open a close game as the Braves posted a 61-53 men’s basketball victory over Delaware Tuesday night at Carver Arena.
Bradley (2-0) led by just a point at 48-47 with 4:54 to play but Nate Kennell buried a three-pointer, Donte Thomas added a layup and Luuk van Bree hit two free throws to put the Braves up eight with 2:46 to play. The Blue Hens (1-1) could not get closer than six the rest of the way.
UD junior forward Eric Carter recorded game-highs of 18 points and 12 rebounds to notch his second consecutive double-double, while freshman Kevin Anderson contributed 15 points and eight boards. Anthony Mosley came off the bench to score 13 points, but the rest of the Blue Hens combined for just seven points.
van Bree paced Bradley with 15 points off the bench, while Darrell Brown scored 11 and Thomas grabbed 10 rebounds.
The Blue Hens got off to another solid start by taking an early 15-6 lead, but then converted just one basket over the next eight minutes. Bradley took advantage by going on a 16-2 run, surging in front 22-17 on a JoJo McGlaston three-pointer with five minutes left in the half.
Delaware countered with six consecutive points, but Bradley responded to take a 31-27 cushion into the break.
Delaware went down as much as eight at 38-30 but then scored nine straight points, going in front 39-38 on a Derrick Woods basket with 11 minutes remaining.
It was still just a one-point game six minutes later, before the Braves went on their pivotal run to take control.
“Tonight was a tough, hard-fought game. It wasn’t pretty at times, and both teams struggled to score. Credit Bradley, they were a little more hungry than us on both ends of the floor. They did a good job defensively taking us out of what we were trying to do. We have a lot to build off of. Our freshmen are getting good experience, and we have a lot to learn. We got some good looks tonight, but just couldn’t get them to fall.”
HEN SCRATCHINGS
• Delaware was looking to defeat Bradley for the third straight year
• The Blue Hens shot just 39.6 percent from the field, including 2 of 14 from three-point range
• Bradley shot only 33.3 percent, but grabbed 19 offensive rebounds
• Both teams struggled at the foul line as well, with UD going 13 of 23 and the Braves shooting 15 of 26 from the stripe
UPCOMING SCHEDULE
Delaware vs. Wesley – Friday, November, 17 (7 p.m.)
Delaware at UNCG – November 20, 2017 (7 p.m.)
Delaware vs. North Carolina Wesleyan (Greensboro, N.C.) – November 21, 2017 (4:30 p.m.)

Date: Mon, Nov 20, 2017 at 6:40 PM
Subject: UNCG Men¹s Basketball Uses Second Half Run To Defeat Blue Hens, 79-66
To:

SUBJECT: UNCG Men’s Basketball Uses Second Half Run To Defeat Blue Hens, 79-66
DATE: November 20, 2017
GREENSBORO, N.C. – UNCG scored 18 consecutive points during a decisive second half run as the Spartans pulled away for a 79-66 win over the University of Delaware Monday night at the Greensboro Coliseum.
Blue Hens (2-2) took a slim 34-33 lead into the half and then scored the first 10 points of the second period, going up 44-33 on an Anthony Mosley three-point play with 16:33 remaining. The lead was still nine at 48-39 following a pair of Eric Carter free throws, but UNCG (3-1) answered by scoring the next 18 points as the Blue Hens went scoreless for over seven minutes.
UNCG went ahead 57-48 on two free throws by Marvin Smith with 7:58 left to cap the run, while a three-pointer by Smith made it 69-57 with 4:21 on the clock. Delaware never got within single digits the rest of the way.
Blue Hen freshman Kevin Anderson paced Delaware with 17 points to go with five rebounds, while Ryan Daly contributed 15 points and a team-high six boards. Mosley had 13 points and four assists, while Carter chipped in 11 points and four boards.
Francis Alonso led the Spartans with a career-high 32 points, including an 8 of 10 performance from behind the arc. Smith contributed 13 points for UNCG, while James Dickey added 12 points to go with team-highs of eight rebounds and four blocks.
UD used an early 9-0 run to give the Blue Hens a 13-3 lead six minutes into the game, and after the Spartans came back to take a one-point advantage, Delaware again scored nine in a row to surge in front 28-20 at the 3:50 mark.
Anderson scored on a driving layup to put the Blue Hens up four late in the half, before a last second three-pointer by the Spartans’ Malik Massey cut the UD lead to 34-33 at the break.
“I was proud of the way we started the second half, and we played well in segments tonight. But I thought during UNCG’s run we got disinterested and lazy on defense. They have a good team, and we just had to be more consistent. We have a young group that is learning, we just have to keep teaching and coaching them.”
“UNCG made some tough shots tonight; their pressure bothered us and got us out of sync. Our group has to do a better job of fighting through adversity and bouncing back when the other team makes a run.”
HEN SCRATCHINGS
• The all-time series between UD and UNCG is tied at 3-3, with the Spartans winning all three meetings in Greensboro
• Alonso is the first Blue Hen opponent to score 30 points since Khallid Hart of Marist on Dec. 12, 2015
• Mosley and Carter have each scored in double figures during the first four games of the season
• UNCG finished 14 of 27 from three-point range
• After handing out 24 assists in the home-opening win over Wesley, UD dished out only four vs. UNCG
• UD freshman Ryan Allen scored six points in 30 minutes of action during his Blue Hen debut
UPCOMING SCHEDULE
Delaware vs. North Carolina Wesleyan (Greensboro, N.C.) – November 21, 2017 (4:30 p.m.)
Delaware vs. Longwood (Greensboro, N.C.) – November 22, 2017 (3 p.m.)
Delaware vs. Yale – November 27, 2017 (7 p.m.)

Date: Tue, Nov 21, 2017 at 4:26 PM
Subject: Delaware Men¹s Basketball Cruises To 88-70 Victory Over North Carolina Wesleyan
To:

SUBJECT: Delaware Men’s Basketball Cruises To 88-70 Victory Over North Carolina Wesleyan
DATE: November 21, 2017
GREENSBORO, N.C. – Blue Hen sophomore forward Derrick Woods took advantage of his first UD start by posting career-highs of 19 points and 10 rebounds while Delaware never trailed in defeating North Carolina Wesleyan, 88-70, Tuesday at the Greensboro Coliseum.
Freshman guard Kevin Anderson scored a season-high 17 points for the second consecutive game for the Blue Hens (3-2), while Ryan Daly contributed 16 points and six boards. Four other players chipped in seven points for Delaware, which shot 51.6 percent from the field and knocked down a season-high nine three-pointers.
Justin Tankelewicz buried five triples and finished with 15 points for the Bishops (1-2), while A.J. Frye added 13 points and four rebounds.
Delaware connected on 18 of 29 shots from the field in the opening half for a 62.1 percentage, and hit 7 of 11 shots from behind the arc. The Blue Hens took control immediately by jumping out to a 23-9 lead just over seven minutes into the game, and went up as many as 25 in the opening stanza before settling for a 48-30 cushion at the break.
Anthony Mosley and Anderson each scored early in the second half to put Delaware up 22, and although North Carolina Wesleyan would cut the martin to 13 twice in the period, the Bishops would not get closer.
“I’m proud of the group for getting off to another good start offensively. Our guys were unselfish with the ball, and we were able to get into a good rhythm. I love what Derrick Woods gave us, he was a real presence inside tonight. We had the opportunity to get some other guys extended minutes as well. Overall it was a good night, we had some learning experiences but I’m happy to get the win.”
“We had some careless turnovers, and we need to improve our habits on the defensive end. I do think we’re better shooters than what we’ve shown so far, tonight we were able to spread the court and make some open shots.”
HEN SCRATCHINGS
• Delaware held a 44-34 rebounding advantage and grabbed 16 offensive boards
• The Blue Hens shot over 50 percent for the third time in five games this year
• Mosley, Darian Bryant, Jacob Cushing and Skye Johnson all finished with seven points
• Delaware played without starting forward Eric Carter, who suffered an ankle injury vs. UNCG
UPCOMING SCHEDULE
Delaware vs. Longwood (Greensboro, N.C.) – November 22, 2017 (3 p.m.)
Delaware at Navy – December 1, 2017 (7 p.m.)

Date: Wed, Nov 22, 2017 at 2:50 PM
Subject: Blue Hen Men¹s Basketball Shuts Out Longwood Down the Stretch in 65-57 Victory
To:

SUBJECT: Blue Hen Men’s Basketball Shuts Out Longwood Down the Stretch in 65-57 Victory
DATE: November 22, 2017
GREENSBORO, N.C. – Delaware held Longwood scoreless over the final 5:16 while scoring the game’s final eight points as the Blue Hens held off the Lancers for a 65-57 victory Wednesday afternoon at UNCG’s Fleming Gymnasium.
Derrick Woods snapped a 57-57 tie and put Delaware (4-2) back in front for good with a putback, while Ryan Daly added two free throws at the 2:42 mark to make it a four-point game. Daly hit two more from the line with 26 seconds to play, before Anthony Mosley added two of his own with 11 seconds on the clock to close the scoring.
Meanwhile the Lancers (0-5) missed their final eight shots from the field as Delaware pulled away for the win.
Blue Hen freshman guard Ryan Allen scored a season-high 19 points and added five rebounds for UD, while Daly added 16 points and three assists. Woods narrowly missed his second consecutive double-double with 11 points and nine boards, while Mosley contributed seven points and three assists.
B.K. Ashe paced Longwood with 20 points, while Charles Glover posted a double-double with 13 points and 10 rebounds.
Delaware trailed 10-3 in the opening three minutes, but pulled even at 13-13 on a Kevin Anderson layup at the 11:10 mark. The Blue Hens then hit six straight shots from the field, including back-to-back triples by Allen, to surge in front 25-20 with 8:19 on the clock.
Delaware led by as many as eight points during the opening half, before a free throw by Mosley in the final minute gave the Blue Hens a 38-31 lead at the break.
UD used a seven-point run to go up a game-best 13 points at 49-36 with 13:07 left on Mosley layup, but Longwood answered with nine straight points to pull within four. Layups by Ashe and Glover brought the Lancers even at 57-57 with 5:16 to play, but the Blue Hens held Longwood scoreless the rest of the way.
“We really battled defensively down the stretch. We changed from man to zone, and it took them out of their rhythm at the end of the game. We struggled offensively, but I’m proud of the way we hit our free throws. Our guys were exhausted down the stretch, but overall it was a really good team effort and I’m happy to get out of here with a win and move to 4-2.”
“Ryan (Allen) brings a lot of firepower off the bench for us. He makes tough shots, and got us out of an early hole. He’s continuing to learn how to be cohesive with our starters.”
HEN SCRATCHINGS
• Delaware has opened 4-2 for the second time in three seasons
• Eric Carter missed his second straight game with an ankle injury
• Anderson sat out the second half with a migraine headache
• The Blue Hens shot 60.7% in the first half but just 28.0% in the second
• Delaware finished 14 of 17 from the foul line, while Daly hit all eight of his attempts
• The game was the first ever meeting between Delaware and Longwood
UPCOMING SCHEDULE
Delaware vs. Buffalo – December 6, 2017 (7 p.m.)

Date: Sat, Nov 25, 2017 at 5:15 PM
Subject: Delaware WBB: Delaware Drops Double OT Heartbreaker to Saint Peter¹s, 90-87
To:

SUBJECT: Delaware Drops Double OT Heartbreaker to Saint Peter’s, 90-87

DATE: November 25, 2017

PHILADELPHIA, Pa. – Four players scored in double figures, but Delaware came up on the wrong end of Saturday’s 90-87 double overtime heartbreaker to Saint Peter’s at Saint Joseph’s Hagan Arena.

Complete BlueHens.com release/statistics: ow.ly/i8mq30gOsyR

Maggie Hayon

-------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sun, Nov 26, 2017 at 2:13 PM
Subject: Delaware WBB: Total Team Effort Pushes #BlueHens to 66-37 Win Against Eastern Illinois
To:

SUBJECT: Total Team Effort Pushes Blue Hens to 66-37 Win Against Eastern Illinois

DATE: November 26, 2017

PHILADELPHIA, Pa. – Nine Blue Hens appeared in the scoring column Sunday afternoon as Delaware defeated Eastern Illinois, 66-37, at Saint Joseph’s Hagan Arena.

Complete BlueHens.com release/statistics: http://ow.ly/vJpm30gP6ES
Maggie Hayon

UBJECT: Nicole Enabosi Tabbed CAA Player of the Week

DATE: November 27, 2017

RICHMOND, Va. – Delaware’s Nicole Enabosi collected CAA Women’s Basketball Player of the Week accolades in back-to-back weeks, as announced by the conference Monday.

An All-Tournament Team selection, Enabosi helped the Blue Hens (3-3) split games at the Saint Joseph’s Thanksgiving Classic, averaging 24.0 points and 14.0 rebounds while shooting 65 percent (17-of-26) from the field.

Complete BlueHens.com release: http://ow.ly/O8H630gQhzH

Maggie Hayon

Date: Mon, Nov 27, 2017 at 7:10 PM
Subject: Yale Holds Off Blue Hen Second Half Run To Defeat Delaware, 76-66
To:

SUBJECT: Yale Holds Off Blue Hen Second Half Run To Defeat Delaware, 76-66
DATE: November 27, 2017
NEWARK, Del. – Yale jumped out to a 24-point first half lead and held off the Blue Hens in the second half as the Bulldogs posted a 76-66 win over Delaware Monday night at the Bob Carpenter Center.
The Blue Hens (4-3) jumped out to an early 10-6 advantage, with Ryan Daly scoring eight points in the first three minutes. However the Bulldogs (4-4) answered with a 20-0 run, and after two free throws by Anthony Mosley, added eight more in a row to take a commanding 34-12 lead at the 8:58 mark. The cushion grew to as much as 24 before two Ryan Allen (left) free throws cut the margin to 46-25 at the break.
A dunk by Chyree Walker and a three-pointer by Allen closed the gap to 63-53 with nine minutes to play, but Delaware went scoreless over the next four and a half minutes as Yale scored six straight points to put the game away.
Molsey led Delaware with season-highs of 23 points and nine rebounds, while Allen enjoyed his second consecutive solid outing with 16 points in his first career start. Daly contributed 13 points, Walker chipped in with eight points and eight boards, and Derrick Woods led the team with 10 caroms.
Miye Oni paced Yale with 16 points, while Blake Reynolds added 15 of his own. The Bulldogs shot over 50 percent in each half, finishing at 52.7 percent for the game.
"Yale is a really good basketball team, and they got off to a great start. The difference between our energy in the first and second half was night and day. We need to get healthy, and not having Eric Carter at 100 percent hurt us. There were some teachable moments for our group tonight, seeing Yale share the basketball and play the game the right way. We need more of a presence when things aren't going well, our guys get deflated and put their heads down. I'm not happy with the result, but we need to learn from this and get better."
HEN SCRATCHINGS
• Mosley reached double figures for the fifth time this season
• Daly reached double figures for the fifth game in a row while Allen posted double figures for the second consecutive contest
• Woods grabbed double figure rebounds for the second time in three games
• The Bulldogs went 9 of 17 from three-point range and assisted on 23 of their 29 field goals
• Delaware played without Kevin Anderson (head injury), who is questionable for Friday at Navy
UPCOMING SCHEDULE
Delaware vs. Buffalo – December 6, 2017 (7 p.m.)
Delaware vs. Notre Dame – December 9, 2017 (7 p.m.)

Date: Sat, Dec 2, 2017 at 5:13 PM
Subject: Delaware WBB: #BlueHens Fall in Hard-Fought 78-60 Loss at Princeton
To:

SUBJECT: Blue Hens Fall in Hard-Fought 78-60 Loss at Princeton

DATE: December 2, 2017

PRINCETON, N.J. – Delaware fought until the very end, but Princeton came up with the 78-60 victory over the Blue Hens Saturday evening at Jadwin Gymnasium.

Complete BlueHens.com release/statistics: http://ow.ly/E4yX30gYnNN

Maggie Hayon

Date: Mon, Dec 4, 2017 at 7:15 PM
Subject: Blue Hen Freshman Ryan Allen Named CAA Men¹s Basketball Rookie of the Week
To:

SUBJECT: Blue Hen Freshman Ryan Allen Named CAA Men’s Basketball Rookie of the Week
DATE: December 4, 2017
RICHMOND, Va. – University of Delaware freshman guard Ryan Allen was named the Colonial Athletic Association Men’s Basketball Rookie of the Week, the conference announced Monday.
Allen (Bowie, Md./DeMatha) averaged 13.5 points during the Blue Hens’ two games last week, and has reached double figures in three straight contests.
Allen made his first career start last Monday vs. Yale, scoring 16 points and hitting all six of his free throw attempts. He then added 11 points and three rebounds Friday at Navy. Allen added an assist and a steal vs. the Midshipmen, and played all but nine minutes during the week.
Allen currently ranks fourth on the team by averaging 11.6 points per game, and has hit nine of his 11 free throw attempts on the year.
Allen and the Blue Hens host Buffalo on Wednesday and ninth-ranked Notre Dame on Saturday in a pair of 7 p.m. games at the Bob Carpenter Center.

----- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, Dec 6, 2017 at 7:28 PM
Subject: Blue Hens¹ Comeback Falls Just Short in 75-72 Men's Basketball Loss To Buffalo
To:

SUBJECT: Blue Hens’ Comeback Falls Just Short in 75-72 Men’s Basketball Loss To Buffalo
DATE: December 6, 2017
NEWARK, Del. – The University of Delaware men’s basketball team battled back from a 14-point deficit to get within four late, but Buffalo never relinquished the lead to post a 75-72 victory on Wednesday night at the Bob Carpenter Center.
Blue Hen sophomore Ryan Daly led Delaware (4-5) with 22 points and hit four three-pointers, while grabbing five rebounds on the night. Freshman Ryan Allen reached double figures for the fourth straight game with 16 points, while Chyree Walker was the third Blue Hen in double figures with a season-high 12 points to go with five rebounds.
Kevin Anderson contributed eight points and a game-high five assists, while Eric Carter grabbed a team-leading 11 rebounds for Delaware.
CJ Massinburg paced the Bulls (5-3), the MAC East Division favorite, with 28 points and a career-high 14 rebounds. Davonta Jordan added a season-best 20 points, while Nick Perkins chipped in nine points and eight rebounds.
Buffalo led the entire first half, and went up as many as nine before Daly swished a shot from halfcourt as time expired to bring the Blue Hens within 38-32 at the break. Delaware closed within a pair at 45-43 with 14:20 left, but the Bulls responded to go up a game-best 14 at 69-55 with 5:52 on the clock.
Delaware answered back by scoring the next 10 points and was within four three other times down the stretch, including 75-71 in the final seconds. Walker hit the first of two free throws with .5 left, but time expired as Carter grabbed the offensive rebound.
"It’s not the result we wanted, but I love our team and we’re getting better. We had three freshmen on the court late in the game, and they’re learning how to play together. We’ve played a really tough non-conference schedule, and I want to stay positive. We have a fearless group, but just committed a couple of careless turnovers late in the game. We’re a young team, and it’s just a matter of getting over the hump. It’s a coachable group, and it will pay off down the road.”
HEN SCRATCHINGS
• Daly reached double figures for the seventh consecutive game, and posted his fourth 20-point game of the year
• Massinburg scored in double digits for the seventh game in a row
• UD knocked down 14 of 17 free throws, while the Bulls only sunk 8 of 15
• Buffalo shot 50.0%, the third straight UD opponent to shoot at least 50% from the field
• UD held a 32-10 advantage in bench points
• Blue Hen junior guard Darian Bryant sat out the game with a concussion
• The Blue Hens will host ninth-ranked Notre Dame in front of a sold-out crowd on Saturday at 7 p.m.
UPCOMING SCHEDULE
Delaware vs. #9 Notre Dame – December 9, 2017 (7 p.m.)
Delaware at Delaware State – December 17, 2017 (8 p.m.)
Delaware vs. CSU Bakersfield – December 20, 2017 (7 p.m.)

Date: Wed, Dec 6, 2017 at 7:09 PM
Subject: Delaware WBB: Hens Topple Black Knights, 70-59, in West Point
To:

SUBJECT: Delaware Topples Black Knights, 70-59, in West Point

DATE: December 6, 2017

WEST POINT, N.Y. – The Blue Hens scored first and never looked back Wednesday evening as Delaware defeated Army West Point, 70-59, at Christl Arena.

Complete BlueHens.com recap/statistics: ow.ly/ah3230h48CS

Maggie Hayon

Date: Sun, Dec 10, 2017 at 2:03 PM
Subject: Delaware WBB: Hens Cruise to 84-49 Triumph Over Delaware State
To:

SUBJECT: Hens Cruise to 84-49 Triumph Over Delaware State

DATE: December 10, 2017

NEWARK, Del. – The scoring came early and often for the Blue Hens Sunday afternoon as Delaware cruised to the 84-49 victory over in-state foe Delaware State at the Bob Carpenter Center.

Complete BlueHens.com release/statistics: http://ow.ly/wnYv30h8h2R

Maggie Hayon

Date: Sat, Dec 9, 2017 at 7:53 PM
Subject: Blue Hens Fall To Ninth-Ranked Notre Dame, 92-68, in Front of Sold Out Carpenter Center
To:

SUBJECT: Blue Hens Fall To Ninth-Ranked Notre Dame, 92-68, in Front of Sold Out Carpenter Center
DATE: December 9, 2017
NEWARK, Del. – Notre Dame used a late first half run to take control and held off Delaware in the second half as the ninth-ranked Fighting Irish pulled away for a 92-68 victory over the Blue Hens Saturday night in front of a sold out Bob Carpenter Center crowd.
Matt Farrell paced Notre Dame (8-2) with 24 points and seven assists, T.J. Gibbs added 21 points, and Bonzie Colson notched his fifth double-double of the year with 19 points and 12 boards. The Irish shot 56.9 percent from the field, went 13 of 23 from behind the arc, and knocked down 13 of 14 free throw attempts.
UD freshman guard Kevin Anderson scored a season-high 23 points and dished out seven assists while not committing a turnover in 40 minutes of action. Ryan Daly, who also played the entire game, finished with 15 points, while Ryan Allen scored all but two of his 14 points in the second half.
Eric Carter grabbed a team-leading nine rebounds for the Blue Hens (4-6), while Chyree Walker contributed eight points on the night.
Delaware hung with the nationally-ranked Irish early on, while a layup by Anderson gave the Blue Hens a 19-17 lead with 8:21 left in the first half. Notre Dame still led by just three at 26-23 with four minutes on the clock, before the Irish closed the period on a 12-4 run to take a 38-27 advantage into the break.
Notre Dame quickly extended the margin to 55-34 with 13 minutes to play, and even though the Blue Hens knocked down six three-pointers in the second half, Delaware never got closer than 16 the rest of the way.
“I’ve never been so proud of a team after losing by 24 points. I think our team really believed and competed. We went for it. I love our group and I think we’re getting better. We’re going to get over the hump. We have a young, talented freshman class that really believes. We went toe-to-toe with Notre Dame for about 16 minutes in the first half, before the last four minutes got away from us a bit. They hit a couple of three-pointers and it went from a two-possession game to 11 points, which was too big a hole for us to dig out of.”
“What an unbelievable atmosphere tonight was. It was great to see the Carpenter Center sold out for the first time since 2003. It was electric in there. I hope the people that were in the building tonight are excited to come back and watch us. Our team is unselfish and plays the game the right way. We’re still learning but our group is fearless and battled back.”
RYAN DALY
“When you go into a game as a competitor you always think you’re going to win. We were going back-and-forth with them for the first 15 or 16 minutes of the first half, but we went on a dry spell offensively and they hit some big shots. They’re a great basketball team. We fed off the energy of the crowd and got some stops early on. Looking up at scoreboard early on I thought, ‘We can play with these guys.’ It was by far the biggest crowd I’ve seen the last two years, and the support was awesome.”
HEN SCRATCHINGS
• Notre Dame was the highest ranked opponent, and the second ACC opponent, in BCC history
• The Blue Hens held a 16-14 advantage in assists
• Both teams committed just seven turnovers
• The Irish held a slim 36-32 rebounding advantage
• Daly reached double figures for the eighth straight game, while Allen scored in double digits for the fifth consecutive game
• Delaware fell to 0-33 all-time vs. nationally-ranked opponents, including 0-18 vs. top 10 foes
• The game was the 39th men’s basketball sellout in BCC history
• The teams are scheduled to play again next year in South Bend
UPCOMING SCHEDULE
Delaware at Delaware State – December 17, 2017 (8 p.m.)
Delaware vs. CSU Bakersfield – December 20, 2017 (7 p.m.)
Delaware vs. Cornell – December 28, 2017 (2 p.m.)

Date: Wed, Dec 20, 2017 at 6:53 PM
Subject: Anderson, Daly Shine in Blue Hens¹ 76-62 Home Victory Over CSU Bakersfield
To:

SUBJECT: Anderson, Daly Shine in Blue Hens’ 76-62 Home Victory Over CSU Bakersfield

DATE: December 20, 2017

NEWARK, Del. – The University of Delaware men’s basketball team jumped out to an 11-point halftime cushion and led comfortably throughout the second half as the Blue Hens posted an impressive 76-62 victory over CSU Bakersfield Wednesday night at the Bob Carpenter Center.

Freshman guard Kevin Anderson led Delaware (6-6) with 22 points and knocked down four three-pointers, while backcourt mate Ryan Daly added 20 points, nine rebounds and five assists. Eric Carter posted his third double-double of the year with 15 points and 10 rebounds for the Blue Hens, who enjoyed a 39-24 rebounding edge.

Jarkel Joiner scored a game-high 23 points for the Roadrunners (7-7), who had their three-game winning streak snapped.

Delaware led 22-19 with 8:39 left in the first half, but then scored the next seven points to go up double figures at 29-19 on a Daly free throw at the 4:11 mark. The Roadrunners closed within 35-27, before a Darian Bryant layup and a Carter free throw gave the Blue Hens a 38-27 advantage at the break.

CSU Bakersfield opened the second half with a basket, but Anderson countered with consecutive three-pointers to extend the margin to 44-29 with 18:24 to play. The Blue Hens led by at least 13 points the rest of the way, going up as much as 24 points at 64-40 with 6:43 on the clock.

“I feel like we’re getting better. Our guards were really good tonight, and Eric Carter was big for us as well. We did a good job of not turning the ball over against their pressure, and we’re in a better rhythm than a couple weeks ago. This win gives us a lot of confidence moving forward, and gives us momentum heading into Christmas.”

HEN SCRATCHINGS
• Daly surpassed the 700-point mark for his career while reaching double figures for the 10th straight game
• Daly recorded his fifth 20-point effort of the season
• Anderson reached double digits for the eighth time and fell one point shy of his season-high
• The Blue Hens tied their season-high by knocking down 10 three-pointers
• Delaware snapped a three-game home losing skid
• The Blue Hens close out non-league play next Thursday with a home game vs. Cornell

UPCOMING SCHEDULE
Delaware vs. Cornell – December 28, 2017 (2 p.m.)
Delaware at *UNCW – December 30, 2017 (7 p.m.)
Delaware at *Charleston – January 2, 2018 (7 p.m.)

Date: Tue, Dec 26, 2017 at 10:12 AM
Subject: Delaware WBB:
To:

SUBJECT: Nicole Enabosi Picked as CAA Player of the Week

DATE: December 26, 2017

RICHMOND, Va. – Delaware junior Nicole Enabosi earned her third CAA Women’s Basketball Player of the Week honors, as announced by the conference office Tuesday.

The forward logged 23 points and a career-high 20 rebounds in Delaware’s win over Loyola Friday afternoon. It was the most rebounds in the CAA this season and the most for a Blue Hen since 1989.

Complete BlueHens.com release: http://bit.ly/2Dg05Yu

Maggie Hayon

Date: Tue, Dec 26, 2017 at 12:48 PM
Subject: Kevin Anderson Earns Second Straight CAA Men¹s Basketball Rookie of the Week Honor
To:

SUBJECT: Kevin Anderson Earns Second Straight CAA Men’s Basketball Rookie of the Week Honor
DATE: December 26, 2017
RICHMOND, Va. – Blue Hen freshman guard Kevin Anderson earned his second consecutive CAA Men’s Basketball Rookie of the Week honor on Tuesday.
Anderson (Williamsport, Pa./St. John Neumann) led Delaware with 22 points and tied his season-high with four three-pointers in the Blue Hens’ 76-62 home victory over CSU Bakersfield last Wednesday. He went 7 of 11 from the field while adding six rebounds, three assists, two blocks and a steal in 35 minutes of action.
Anderson, who reached double figures for the eighth time this season including the last three contests, finished one point shy of his season-high. He continues to lead all CAA freshmen by averaging 13.7 points and 4.9 rebounds per game and also ranks seventh in the league with a 1.8 assist/turnover ratio, 10th with 2.9 assists per game, and 10th with 33.2 minutes played per game.

Anderson also was named CAA Rookie of the Week on Dec. 18, while Ryan Allen earned the award on Dec. 4.
Delaware closes out its non-conference schedule on Thursday with a 2 p.m. home game vs. Cornell, before opening conference play at UNCW on Saturday at 7 p.m.

Date: Thu, Dec 28, 2017 at 3:18 PM
Subject: Blue Hens Rally Late For Thrilling 97-96 Overtime Victory Over Cornell
To:

SUBJECT: Blue Hens Rally Late For Thrilling 97-96 Overtime Victory Over Cornell
DATE: December 28, 2017
NEWARK, Del. – Delaware rallied from a nine-point deficit in the final four minutes of regulation and knocked down all eight free throw attempts in overtime as the Blue Hens came back for a thrilling 97-96 men’s basketball victory over Cornell Thursday afternoon at the Bob Carpenter Center.
Delaware (7-6), which won its third consecutive game, trailed 79-70 with 3:57 left in regulation, but Anthony Mosley responded with a layup and Ryan Allen buried a three-pointer to make it a four-point game. Following two free throws by Cornell’s Steve Julian, Chyree Walker converted a layup and added two free throws on the next possession to make it an 81-79 contest.
After a turnover by Cornell (5-6), Ryan Daly scored inside to tie game with 16 seconds left, before the Big Red’s Matt Morgan missed a last second three-pointer.
The Blue Hens trailed by as many as three in overtime and were still down 88-87 in the final minute, but Daly scored on a driving layup with 51 seconds left and Delaware hit all eight of its free throw attempts from there to pull out the victory.
Allen led the Blue Hens with a season-high 24 points and knocked down six three-pointers, while Daly finished with 19 points and seven rebounds. Mosley contributed 18 points and a career-best seven assists, Eric Carter posted his second straight double-double with 15 points and 12 rebounds, and Walker was the fifth Blue Hen in double figures with 10 points.
Stone Gettings scored a career-high 39 points for Cornell, tied for the third highest total in BCC history, while Morgan added career-bests of 34 points, 11 rebounds and seven assists for his first double-double.
Cornell never trailed in the opening half and led by as many as 13 points in the stanza before settling for a 47-36 cushion at the break. Delaware scored the first 12 points of the second period to go in front, but the Big Red answered and were again up as much as 13 at 73-60 with seven minutes to play before the Blue Hens made their dramatic comeback.
“This was an exciting college basketball game. We had to battle and found a way to win today. This win gives us a lot of momentum, we’re learning how to play together and having fun doing it. I’m really proud of Darian Bryant for how he defended Morgan. We didn’t settle for jump shots late in the game, got to the foul line and knocked them in. We really grew up today.”
DARIAN BRYANT
“We stayed together and pushed through as a team today. We continued playing hard, kept battling and were able to gut out a win. We played harder on the defensive end down the stretch, and did a good job of pressuring the ball.”
RYAN DALY
“We scrapped and battled at the end of regulation, and scrapped and battled in overtime. I’m really proud of how our team was able to come back to win. This was a good, gutsy win, and to go into CAA play on a three-game winning streak gives us a lot of confidence.”
HEN SCRATCHINGS
• Delaware, which also went 7-6 in non-league play last year, has posted consecutive non-conference winning seasons for the first time since 2002-03 and 2003-04
• The Blue Hens improved to 2-0 in overtime games this season
• Carter recorded his fourth double-double of the year
• Daly reached double figures for the 11th game in a row
• Nine players saw at least 37 minutes of action
• Delaware’s three-game winning streak is its longest of the season
• Kevin Anderson missed the game with a knee injury and is questionable for Saturday’s game at UNCW
UPCOMING SCHEDULE
Delaware at *UNCW – December 30, 2017 (7 p.m.)
Delaware at *Charleston – January 2, 2018 (7 p.m.)
Delaware vs. *William & Mary – January 5, 2018 (7 p.m.)

------ Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, Dec 29, 2017 at 4:02 PM
Subject: Delaware WBB: Blue Hens Fall to Drexel, 74-53, in CAA Hoops Opener
To:

SUBJECT: Delaware Falls to Drexel, 74-53, in CAA Hoops Opener

DATE: December 29, 2017

PHILADELPHIA, Pa. – The Blue Hens opened the Colonial Athletic Association portion of their schedule Friday afternoon with a 74-53 loss to Drexel at the Daskalakis Athletic Center.

Complete BlueHens.com release/statistics: http://bit.ly/2lrL2DH

Maggie Hayon

om: Hayon, Maggie L <mhayon@udel.edu>
Date: Sun, Jan 7, 2018 at 1:47 PM
Subject: Delaware WBB: UD Grinds Out 68-59 Victory at Charleston
To:

SUBJECT: UD Grinds Out 68-59 Victory at Charleston

DATE: January 7, 2018

CHARLESTON, S.C. – The Blue Hens finished the game by outscoring the Cougars, 21-12, in the fourth quarter Sunday afternoon en route to the 68-59 victory over the College of Charleston at TD Arena.

Complete BlueHens.com release/statistics: bit.ly/2m8wJ7A

Maggie Hayon

Date: Sun, Jan 7, 2018 at 2:57 PM
Subject: Hot-Shooting Blue Hens Cruise To 96-76 CAA Victory Over UNCW
To:

SUBJECT: Hot-Shooting Blue Hens Cruise To 96-76 CAA Victory Over UNCW

DATE: January 7, 2018

NEWARK, Del. – The University of Delaware men’s basketball team shot a season-high 58.6 percent from the field and knocked down 11 three-pointers as the Blue Hens used an offensive explosion to cruise to a 96-76 home victory over UNCW Sunday afternoon at the Bob Carpenter Center.

Ryan Daly scored 27 points, one shy of his career-high set exactly a year ago against UNCW, and grabbed seven rebounds for the Blue Hens (9-8, 2-2 CAA), who snapped a two-game losing streak. Ryan Allen added 23 points, one shy of his season-best, and knocked down four three-pointers, while Anthony Mosley contributed a solid all-around effort with 17 points, eight rebounds and a career-high eight assists.

Eric Carter was the fourth Blue Hen in double figures with 13 points, while Darian Bryant chipped in nine points and Chyree Walker added six.

Devontae Cacok posted his 12th double-double of the season with 18 points and 11 rebounds for the Seahawks (4-12, 1-3 CAA), who lost their second in a row. Ty Taylor tied his season-high with 17 points, while Jordon Talley contributed 16 of his own.

Delaware trailed by as many as eight points in the opening half, but used an 11-point spurt to go up 44-30 before settling for a 46-40 halftime advantage. The Blue Hens then made nine of their first 10 second half field goal attempts, quickly opening up a 70-55 margin on an Allen three-pointer at the 14:22 mark. The lead never got below double figures the rest of the way, and grew to as much as 93-70 when Mosley hit two free throws with five minutes to play.

““With UNCW’s tempo offense and how fast they like to play, we knew it was going to be an up-and-down game. It’s ironic that the score was what it was today, after last week it was just 58-56. We got into a good flow today offensively. The zone was good to us today and our man allowed us to get out and run. It helps when guys make shots. Ryan Daly got off to a great start and when Ryan Allen is making shots on the perimeter, he’s one of the most talented young guards in our league. He takes pressure off of Ryan (Daly) and doesn’t force him to be the guy all the time. Darian Bryant’s minutes were important. UNCW went to a ‘triangle-and-two’ defense in the second half when they cut our lead, and Darian stepped up and made a big three-pointer. There was a lot to build off for a lot of different guys. Overall it was a great team effort.”

RYAN DALY
“We knew we needed to bring energy today. Scoring 96 points today is pretty impressive for only having seven players at the end of the game. It was a good team win. Hopefully we can go on a run and win a few in a row. (Connor) Rufo came in for a few minutes and played hard. Darian Bryant helped us a lot today, and Anthony (Mosley) rebounded well. Today was a total team effort.”

ERIC CARTER
“If we play Delaware basketball and guard, anything can happen. The lack of depth cannot be an excuse. Our coaches do a good job of monitoring us and keeping our legs. Whenever anything happens it needs to be next man up.”

HEN SCRATCHINGS
• Delaware swept the regular season series from UNCW for the first year since 2013-14
• Daly recorded his seventh 20-point game of the season and surpassed the 800-point mark for his career
• Allen has reached double figures in 10 of the last 12 games
• Delaware’s 58.6 field goal percentage is the highest since a win over Bryn Athyn on Nov. 27, 2016
• UD committed a season-low six turnovers
• UD posted its largest margin of victory in a CAA game since a 95-68 win over James Madison on Jan. 19, 2006
• The Blue Hens have scored at least 96 points twice in the BCC for the first time since the 2000-01 season

UPCOMING SCHEDULE
Delaware vs. *Drexel – January 11, 2018 (7 p.m.)
Delaware at *James Madison – January 13, 2018 (4 p.m.)
Delaware at *Hofstra – January 18, 2018 (7 p.m.)

Date: Sun, Jan 14, 2018 at 2:26 PM
Subject: Delaware WBB: Blue Hens Rally For Hard-Fought 51-49 #CAAHoops Victory Over Towson
To:

SUBJECT: Hens Rally For Hard-Fought 51-49 Victory Over Towson

DATE: January 14, 2018

NEWARK, Del. – It was a nail biter throughout, but in the end Delaware came out with the 51-49 victory over Towson Sunday afternoon at the Bob Carpenter Center.

The win marked a season-best fourth straight for the Hens, who move to 11-5 overall and 4-1 in CAA play.

Complete BlueHens.com release/statistics: http://bit.ly/2myVPN9

Maggie Hayon

Date: Mon, Jan 15, 2018 at 11:18 AM
Subject: Delaware WBB: Justina Mascaro Tabbed CAA Rookie of the Week
To:

SUBJECT: Justina Mascaro Tabbed CAA Rookie of the Week

DATE: January 15, 2018

RICHMOND, Va. – Delaware guard Justina Mascaro earned her first-ever CAA Women’s Basketball Rookie of the Week accolades Monday, as announced by the league office.

The Bethel Park, Pa. native helped the Blue Hens to a 2-0 week by averaging 5.0 points and 3.0 rebounds in 16.0 minutes off the bench.

Complete BlueHens.com release: http://bit.ly/2B4hwcV

Maggie Hayon

m: Hayon, Maggie L<mhayon@udel.edu>
Date: Sun, Jan 21, 2018 at 1:08 PM
Subject: Delaware WBB: Blue Hens fall to Elon, 64-51
To:

SUBJECT: Delaware Falls to Elon, 64-51

DATE: January 21, 2018

ELON, N.C. – It was a battle until the end, but fouls got the best of the Blue Hens in Sunday afternoon’s 64-51 loss to Elon at Alumni Hall.

Sophomore Samone DeFreese led Delaware (12-6, 5-2 CAA) with her four double double of the season with 10 points and career-high 14 rebounds in 34 minutes.

Complete BlueHens.com release/statistics: http://bit.ly/2Dv04UW
Maggie Hayon

Date: Mon, Jan 22, 2018 at 9:11 AM
Subject: Delaware WBB: Lizzie Oleary Garners CAA Rookie of the Week Accolades
To:

SUBJECT: Lizzie Oleary Garners CAA Rookie of the Week Accolades

DATE: January 22, 2018

RICHMOND, Va. – Delaware forward Lizzie Oleary earned her first-ever CAA Women’s Basketball Rookie of the Week accolades Monday, as announced by the league office.

The Willow Grove, Pa. native helped UD to a split last week, averaging 9.5 points and 4.5 rebounds per game while shooting .615 (8-for-13) from the field in two games.

Complete BlueHens.com release: http://bit.ly/2rvsh8E

Maggie Hayon

Hayon, Maggie L <mhayon@udel.edu>
Date: Wed, Jan 24, 2018 at 8:21 AM
Subject: Delaware WBB: Hens to Compete in Spain this August
To:

SUBJECT: Women’s Basketball to Compete in Spain this August

DATE: January 24, 2018

NEWARK, Del. – The University of Delaware women’s basketball team will compete internationally this summer as the Blue Hens will travel to Spain from August 11-21.

Complete BlueHens.com release: bit.ly/2BrJsI2

Maggie Hayon

Date: Sat, Jan 27, 2018 at 6:59 PM
Subject: Delaware Drops 64-59 CAA Decision To Hofstra at Carpenter Center
To:

SUBJECT: Delaware Drops 64-59 CAA Decision To Hofstra at Carpenter Center

DATE: January 27, 2018

NEWARK, Del. – Hofstra guard Justin Wright-Foreman finished with 32 points and knocked down a clutch three-pointer with 12 seconds remaining to give the Pride a 64-59 CAA victory over Delaware Saturday night at the Bob Carpenter Center.

The Blue Hens (11-12, 4-6 CAA), playing their first game without All-CAA guard Ryan Daly, led for most of the night before an eight-point Hofsta spurt put the Pride (13-9, 6-4 CAA) in front 54-53 with 5:15 to play. Eric Carter answered with a jumper for Delaware, and the Blue Hens were still within a pair at 60-58 after Skye Johnson converted a layup with 39 seconds to go.

However Hofstra ran down the shot clock before Wright-Foreman buried a contested three-pointer from the top of the key with 12 seconds left to put the game away.

Wright-Foreman, the fifth leader scorer in the nation, posted his sixth 30-point game of the season for the Pride, while Eli Pemberton added 12 points and Rokas Gustys grabbed 13 rebounds.

Carter recorded his sixth double-double of the season with team-highs of 16 points and 12 rebounds for the Blue Hens, who held the lead for nearly 33 minutes. Ryan Allen contributed 11 points, but fouled out with 5:15 remaining in the contest, while Johnson added 10 points and four rebounds.

Delaware used a 14-point run midway through the first half to take a 24-13 lead, but Hofstra scored 10 straight points of its own late in the period to pull within one. However the Blue Hens answered by closing the stanza on a seven-point spurt, taking a 36-28 halftime lead following a last second jumper by Allen.

Delaware did not trail during the first 14:45 of the second period, before Hofstra scored eight in a row to set up the dramatic finish.

“We ran out of offensive firepower in the second half, we’ve got to find better ways to manufacture points. Ryan Allen fouling out really hurt us, since we didn’t have many outside options. Give credit to Wright-Foreman, he’s a really good player and hit a tough shot at the end. This is our group for awhile, and we’ll work to get better. We’re not into moral victories, I hope this one hurts and bothers our guys.”

ERIC CARTER

“Hofstra just executed better than we did down the stretch, we didn’t close out the game the way we needed to. The last four minutes they wanted it more; you can’t take a play off in this league, and that’s what happened. There’s no excuse, it doesn’t matter who’s out there on the floor. We have to battle, execute better, and work better as a team.”

HEN SCRATCHINGS

• Delaware shot 47.1 percent from the field but was just 3 of 14 from behind the arc

• The Blue Hens won the rebounding battle, 35-31

• Allen hit two triples and has now made a three-pointer in all 20 games, tied for the fifth longest streak in UD history

• Allen reached double figures for the seventh game in a row

• Hofstra has won eight of the last nine meetings between the schools, including the last four at the BCC

• Daly is expected to miss the next three weeks after suffering a left ankle sprain Thursday vs. Charleston

UPCOMING SCHEDULE

Delaware vs. *Towson – February 1, 2018 (7 p.m.)

Delaware at *Elon – February 3, 2018 (7 p.m.)

Delaware vs. *Northeastern – February 8, 2018 (7 p.m.)

Date: Sun, Feb 4, 2018 at 2:57 PM
Subject: Delaware WBB: Northeastern Trips up Delaware, 73-59
To:

SUBJECT: Northeastern Trips up Delaware, 73-59

DATE: February 4, 2018

BOSTON, Mass. – The Blue Hens were unable to hold on to an early lead in Sunday afternoon’s 73-59 loss to Northeastern at the Cabot Center.

Complete BlueHens.com release/statistics: bit.ly/2E11kQ4

Maggie Hayon

Date: Thu, Feb 8, 2018 at 6:45 PM
Subject: Delaware Drops Another Heartbreaker With 70-67 Home Loss To Northeastern
To:

SUBJECT: Delaware Drops Another Heartbreaker With 70-67 Home Loss To Northeastern

DATE: February 8, 2018

NEWARK, Del. – Ryan Allen’s 18-foot jumper in the final seconds spun off the rim as the University of Delaware men’s basketball team fell to Northeastern, 70-67, in another heartbreaker Thursday night at the Bob Carpenter Center.

The Blue Hens (11-15, 4-9 CAA) trailed by 10 points with 7:42 remaining but closed within a point on an Allen baseline jumper with 1:13 to play. After three consecutive turnovers, Allen pulled up just to the left of the top of the key for an off-balance jumper, but it was just off the mark and the Huskies’ Vasa Pusica grabbed the rebound with 1.2 seconds remaining.

Pusica then hit two free throws, before the Blue Hens turned the ball over on a last chance halfcourt pass as Northeastern (16-9, 9-4 CAA) pulled out the win.

Allen again paced Delaware with 19 points on the night, while Eric Carter notched his eighth double-double of the year with 14 points and 10 rebounds. Chyree Walker chipped in with nine points, while Anthony Mosley and Skye Johnson contributed eight apiece. The Blue Hens shot 52.9 percent from the field and 11 of 12 from the foul line, but were hurt by a 2 of 11 performance from behind the arc.

Pusica led the Huskies with 27 points including five three-pointers, while Donnell Gresham added 17 points on the night.

The teams went into the half tied at 37-37 and were still knotted at 51-51 with 10:12 to play, but Northeastern scored the next 10 points and led the rest of the way.

“I decided not to call a timeout on the last possession; we got good movement and our most talented scorer a shot, it just didn’t go in. We were down 10 and battled back, but just didn’t have enough. We’re searching to get over the hump. I thought we got good balance tonight, we need that from our group. We don’t have a lot to show for the last couple weeks, but I feel like we’re growing as a basketball team.”

HEN SCRATCHINGS

• Delaware lost its seventh game in a row

• Northeastern won its second consecutive contest

• Allen reached double figures for the 10th straight game

• Allen hit a three-pointer for the 23rd consecutive game, tied for the second longest streak in UD history

• Delaware committed 12 second half turnovers after turning it over just twice in the first half

• Allen has led UD in scoring in six of the last seven games

UPCOMING SCHEDULE

Delaware at *William & Mary – February 10, 2018 (2 p.m.)

Delaware at *Towson – February 15, 2018 (7 p.m.)

Delaware vs. *Elon – February 17, 2018 (7 p.m.)

Date: Fri, Feb 9, 2018 at 7:14 PM
Subject: Delaware WBB: Balanced Attack Leads #BlueHens to 68-59 #CAAHoops Win Over William & Mary
To:

SUBJECT: Balanced Attack Leads Hens to 68-59 Win Over William & Mary

DATE: February 9, 2018

NEWARK, Del. – Every player that saw minutes Friday evening registered at least two points and three rebounds in Delaware’s 68-59 victory against William & Mary at the Bob Carpenter Center.

Junior Nicole Enabosi, who collected her 100th career blocked shot in the second quarter, led the Blue Hens (14-8, 7-4 CAA) with 17 points, 16 rebounds, five assists and three blocked shots.

Complete BlueHens.com release/statistics: http://bit.ly/2H2mrPV

Maggie Hayon

Date: Sat, Feb 10, 2018 at 2:08 PM
Subject: William & Mary Pulls Away in Second Half For 83-66 Victory Over Blue Hens
To:

SUBJECT: William & Mary Pulls Away in Second Half For 83-66 Victory Over Blue Hens

DATE: February 10, 2018

WILLIAMSBURG, Va. – William & Mary took an eight-point lead into the break and used an early run in the second half to pull away for an 83-66 Colonial Athletic Association victory over Delaware Saturday afternoon at Kaplan Arena.

Justin Pierce scored a career-high 33 points for the Tribe (16-9, 9-5 CAA), which shot 50.0 percent from the field, knocked down 11 three-pointers, and went 16 of 19 from the foul line. Nathan Knight added a double-double with 11 points and 10 rebounds, while Matt Milon contributed 13 points for William & Mary.

Blue Hen freshman Ryan Allen scored 25 points, all but two in the first half, for the Blue Hens (11-16, 4-10 CAA), while Skye Johnson notched his first double-double with career-highs of 17 points and 10 rebounds. Eric Carter chipped in with 12 points and eight boards for Delaware, which shot 42.1 percent and held a 40-27 rebounding advantage.

Allen, who knocked down six triples, now has made 69 three-pointers this season, a new UD freshman record and 17 shy of the program’s single season mark.

Delaware used an early seven-point run to take an 11-5 lead in the opening minutes, while two Jacob Cushing free throws put the Blue Hens up 25-20 midway through the first half. However the Tribe answered with a 15-2 spurt over the next four minutes, and led the rest of the stanza before taking a 47-39 advantage into the break.

William & Mary then opened the second half with an 11-2 run, extending the margin to 58-41 with 16:55 to play. It was a 64-46 game at the 11:39 mark following a Chyree Walker free throw, but the Tribe scored 11 of the next 12 points and led by at least 20 until the final minute.

“Ryan (Allen) had a great first half and we got off to a good start, and were still down just eight at halftime. But we got down early in the second half and couldn’t get back into the game. Justin Pierce made shots and put a lot of pressure on our defense. I thought we did a pretty good job of challenging their jump shots, but allowed them to get into transition. We’ll regroup and try to get better with a few good days of practice next week.”

HEN SCRATCHINGS

• The Blue Hens dropped their eighth consecutive contest

• Allen reached double figures for the 11th straight game

• Allen hit a three-pointer for the 24th consecutive game, the second longest streak in UD history

• Allen has led UD in scoring in seven of the last eight games

• Carter has reached double figures in five straight games, the longest stretch of his career

• William & Mary has won six consecutive meetings between the schools, including the last three at Kaplan Arena

UPCOMING SCHEDULE

Delaware at *Towson – February 15, 2018 (7 p.m.)

Delaware vs. *Elon – February 17, 2018 (7 p.m.)

Delaware at *Drexel – February 22, 2018 (7 p.m.)

Hayon, Maggie L<mhayon@udel.edu>
Date: Mon, Feb 12, 2018 at 10:15 AM
Subject: Delaware WBB: Nicole Enabosi Named CAA Player of the Week
To:

SUBJECT: Nicole Enabosi Named CAA Player of the Week

DATE: February 12, 2018

RICHMOND, Va. – Delaware forward Nicole Enabosi earned her fourth CAA Women’s Basketball Player of the Week award, as announced by the league office Monday.

The Gaithersburg, Md. native helped the Blue Hens (15-8, 8-4 CAA) to a pair of key wins over William & Mary and Hofstra by averaging 17.0 points, 17.5 rebounds, 3.5 assists, 3.5 steals and 2.5 blocked shots per game. Enabosi also went 18-of-22 from the free throw line for the week.

Complete BlueHens.com release: http://bit.ly/2Emp1CA

Maggie Hayon

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT