ADVERTISEMENT

Updates on CR vs Smyrna?

Watching now. CR is gonna need a couple upsets and stop bonus up top

Shocked is an understatement. What is this refs name, and what is his bio? I have been watching him official matches for years, and it’s unusual to see a match where he doesn’t get in a bad situation. Why is it so hard for him to admit he is wrong? If you challenge him knowing you’re right, he holds the power to punish you. How does that keep things competitive? Smyrna would’ve won regardless, so what is the justification for a terrible call.....pride? The worst part of this is, he isn't going anywhere. The last tournament he showed up to, I heard the surrounding people joke that there must not be an elementary tournament today. What a creep.

You are correct- Smyrna had it in the bag for the most part at that point. Rigby was right to fight for his wrestler too- no issue with losing the team point (tho it sucks and was probably unjust). My issue is that Anderson wrestled one hell of a match and was about 15 seconds away from upsetting a state champ and a kid ranked ahead of him. To make that call and send the match to OT well, That’s very unfortunate for him- he wrestled extremely well and very smart.

There were plenty of ridiculous calls by the referee. The Smyrna 195 got called for unsportsmanlike when it didn’t seem at all that way.

Any word on the Alchokhachy kids knee ? Saw him on crutches and braced up after getting hurt in the 2nd... Really gritty win IMO over a tough Bowne

That’s hilarious i saw about ten shots to one in that entire match Smyrna guy taking the ten. The bad calls went both ways l agree that ref had no business calling that dual meet.
The Ref was awful both ways. Why wasn’t there a second official for a big match like that? 84Rider- maybe there’s some bias there, idk but clearly that “ONE” shot he took was enough to score the first takedown of the match. Not sure if we watched the same match but he also shot with about 1:10 in the 3rd and fought for roughly 30 seconds. 15 seconds later he’s hit for stalling? Doesn’t matter if you’re a Smyrna fan, CR fan, or w.e- anyone that knows the sport will agree- that’s not a good call. You don’t penalize a kid for what may/may not have occurred in the 1st and 2nd period when decided whether or not to call a stall at the end of the 3rd.

Reactions: pinemagain
At 1st and fightingbluehen, no bias on my part, I was talking about tough calls against the Smyrna wrestler.....yes I am a Rider and will always be but fair is fair, I call them like I see them. Whether it’s for CR or against.

Last edited:
Reactions: pinemagain
At 1st and fightingbluehen, no bias on my part, I was talking about tough calls against the Smyrna wrestler.....yes I am Rider and will always be but fair is fair, I call them like I see them. Whether it’s for CR or against.
Oh shoot- I apologize 84, I was referring to 1st takedowns post.

Reactions: 84rider
At 1st and fightingbluehen, no bias on my part, I was talking about tough calls against the Smyrna wrestler.....yes I am a Rider and will always be but fair is fair, I call them like I see them. Whether it’s for CR or against.
I am curious what tough calls you think went against the Smyrna 132 lbs kid though? I thought he made out pretty well there?

That’s hilarious i saw about ten shots to one in that entire match Smyrna guy taking the ten. The bad calls went both ways l agree that ref had no business calling that dual meet.
What's hilarious is that the kid just took a shot and he got called for stalling! How do you justify that? This guy was horrible the entire match.

Reactions: Fightingbluehen
lets be honest...ref was bad both ways, but CR had no shot of winning had smyrna been fully healthy.

Last edited:
lets be honest...ref was bad both ways, but CR had no shot of winning had smyrna been fully healthy.
Other than Moyer allegedly being sick- I’m fairly certain they were healthy? Someone sent me a screenshot of a FB post from one of the Smyrna Parents complaining about poor sportsmanship- I wasn’t at the match, instead watched it on 302sports. Other than Wuest’s poor display of sportsmanship- did anyone else see anything from either side?

Last edited:
Reactions: MatMiracle
Other than Moyer eligidly being sick- I’m fairly certain they were healthy? Someone sent me a screenshot of a FB post from one of the Smyrna Parents complaining about poor sportsmanship- I wasn’t at the match, instead watched it on 302sports. Other than Wuest’s poor display of sportsmanship- did anyone else see anything from either side?
al·leg·ed·ly adverb 1. used to convey that something is claimed to be the case or have taken place, although there is no proof.
He was sick all week and throwing up after the match. One can argue about whether he should of wrestled, but allegedly is certainly the wrong word to use (even if spelled correctly). And to your point, I don't think there were any other health issues with Smyrna's team. Smyrna has a few scrappy, but not as experienced or skilled as most are used to seeing, kids. Depending on the other teams' ability to get their good kids aligned, and get other kids to minimize bonuses, teams can hang around, and even win. Some teams are great at coaching kids to play the line, hold wrist when on bottom, and do just enough to not get too many stall calls. It's part of the game to save points. In the past, Smyrna has been strong enough to overcome a kid or two sick or out. This year, they need all hands on deck sporting their A games.

Reactions: Escalated
al·leg·ed·ly
əˈlejədlē/
adverb
  1. used to convey that something is claimed to be the case or have taken place, although there is no proof.
    "he was allegedly a leading participant in the coup attempt"
    synonyms: reportedly, supposedly, reputedly, purportedly, ostensibly, apparently, putatively, by all accounts, so the story goes
    "he allegedly went AWOL"
Thought this may help...

thanks for pointing out my lack of ability to spell correctly lol, thank goodness I see better than I spell. Because What I saw was a kid lay his nuts on another kid’s face (not really the issue here as that happened through wrestling), then proceed to stand up, and walk over the opponent while staring him down, and then flap his hands to the crowd and his bench. The actions on there own- again, not a huge deal, we see it all the time- but all together, yes absolutely a case of poor sportsmanship. The ref was correct to take a point, (maybe not a team point but still). When this individuals parent then takes to FB to blast about another incident- it just seems like the pot calling the kettle black.

What was Wuest's "poor display of sportsmanship"?

I believe that Wuest’s poor display of sportsmanship was walking over top of his opponent and putting his testicals in his face after he pinned him. I’m not sure why wrestlers feel the need to step over opponents like that. Tony is a solid wrestler but there was no need for that.

Reactions: breakem
I believe that Wuest’s poor display of sportsmanship was walking over top of his opponent and putting his testicals in his face after he pinned him. I’m not sure why wrestlers feel the need to step over opponents like that. Tony is a solid wrestler but there was no need for that.
haha I agree 100%, I saw the FB post that he's referring to. I got a good laugh about it as well. A bit ironic to say the least.

Reactions: breakem
haha I agree 100%, I saw the FB post that he's referring to. I got a good laugh about it as well. A bit ironic to say the least.

I haven’t seen the Facebook post does anyone have a copy that they can post? I thought that CR’s sportsmanship was very good all night. I even agree with Coach Rigby going to bat for his athletes and losing a team point. The ref was terrible. I am disappointed that he was the best ref that the DWOA (or whatever it is called) could provide for a match like this. Hartnet or Labazo would have been a much better pick for the match.

Hello, this is Ronnie Wuest. I was told you all may have an issue with me and / or my son. If you’d like, please feel free to call me anytime 302-531-6147 or stop by to talk.

Nope never said that I had a problem. It was said that there was unsportsmanlike behavior presented by CR. I posted the simple fact that Tony stepped over his opponents head, after pinning him, placing his testicals in his face. This resulted in Smyrna losing a team point. Make no mistake about it Tony isn’t the first to do it and will not be the last, however, that does not make it okay. I haven’t seen the Facebook post that is being talked about. Maybe you would like to post it for clairification. Other than CR’s coach losing a team point there were no other incidents of unsportsmanship behavior that I witnessed.

I would've like to have seen Buckson back to back nights he reffed the Sallies match very well and consistent. As far as Moyer being sick I'm not a Smyrna fan but I've seen him wrestle many years before and if he was on antibiotics I understand. It's hard to even walk around on antibiotics and not be groggy let alone wrestling 6 minutes, I give him credit and I believe he'll be back on a mission the rest of the season.

Reactions: wtc76 and 84rider
Other than Moyer allegedly being sick- I’m fairly certain they were healthy? Someone sent me a screenshot of a FB post from one of the Smyrna Parents complaining about poor sportsmanship- I wasn’t at the match, instead watched it on 302sports. Other than Wuest’s poor display of sportsmanship- did anyone else see anything from either side?
allegedly being sick for Moyer? LOL And he definitely was not the only one wrestling while sick.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT