ADVERTISEMENT

Updates on CR vs Smyrna?

allegedly being sick for Moyer? LOL And he definitely was not the only one wrestling while sick.
I say allegedly because I wasn’t there, I’m not the kids doctor. It’s simply what I heard through the grapevine. He may have been sick as a dog, he may not have. Who knows.

allegedly being sick for Moyer? LOL And he definitely was not the only one wrestling while sick.

Indeed I would say Moyer was sick. i've seen him wrestle many times before and have never seen him winded after one period of wrestling; his chest was heaving hard. But so were many ~ on both sides. Speaking for my child, he was so severely congested he could hardly breathe. I sent him to the Y to sit in the sauna before going to the school to meet up with the team. Also drugged him with some Sudafed Cold & Sinus. This cold season simply has been horrible to wrestlers from all teams.

Reactions: myrealname
@84
being sick at my house isn’t too bad at all!
sometimes I pretend I’m sick....
see what I did there?

Listen everyone, we need to thank SuperG (Mr. Davis). He was just trying to let everyone know how tough Smyrna is. Yes we know...Kurt has done a great job collecting talent from the surrounding area to form a tough team. So here is my 2 cents, take them or leave them. I have followed DE wrestling for decades. From ms level to hs. I followed Davis in ms and wasnt sure what happened when i didnt see him in hs. I then found out he transferred to smyrna and repeated thr 8th grade. I was impressed with his work ethic and how he wrestled as a freshman. This year i cant get past his showboating and change in his attitude. Posing for pictures while pinning lesser opponents and such. There is a small group of wrestlers that do the same things. Its embarrassing if you ask me. I really like the Natercola boys. They are humble in victory and defeat. Now as far as the match, the reffing was horrible on both sides, i do think CR caught the short end of the stick. That ref should be fired. I do know for a fact that Moyer was very sick leading up to the match. No excuses, the CR kid wrestled very smart against him. Anyway, i hope to see some great matches this weekend and hopefully great sportsmanship. Good luck to all the teams that made it!

I also heard that Kurt made a statement about having to address several character traits after the match. Well duh! Should have been addressed the first time these behaviors were shown!

That funny someone sent me a screen shot of Ronnie Wuest's facebook page and it stated:

"I'm grateful as a young man, my sports coaches always taught me to take a knee and be respectful when an opponent had an injury.

Last night at the Smyrna wrestling match one of out wrestlers sustained a serious knee injury. The opponent not only didn't take a knee, but paced back and forth on the mat in a stalking fashion. Very, very disrespectful!

Jaxson has my utmost respect as he is a true warrior. I wish him the best and a fast recovery."

After witnessing Tony's behavior during the match I find this post to be a little hypocritical. Before throwing rocks one should make sure they do not live in a glass house. To top it all off I heard that the Davis kid posted a picture on social media of him posing while pinning a JV wrestler from CR. These Smyrna kids are out of control and classless. Their parents should be ashamed.

That funny someone sent me a screen shot of Ronnie Wuest's facebook page and it stated:

"I'm grateful as a young man, my sports coaches always taught me to take a knee and be respectful when an opponent had an injury.

Last night at the Smyrna wrestling match one of out wrestlers sustained a serious knee injury. The opponent not only didn't take a knee, but paced back and forth on the mat in a stalking fashion. Very, very disrespectful!

Jaxson has my utmost respect as he is a true warrior. I wish him the best and a fast recovery."

After witnessing Tony's behavior during the match I find this post to be a little hypocritical. Before throwing rocks one should make sure they do not live in a glass house. To top it all off I heard that the Davis kid posted a picture on social media of him posing while pinning a JV wrestler from CR. These Smyrna kids are out of control and classless. Their parents should be ashamed.
Indeed, I know several people that were fired up over some of these FB posts... in such a small community shit like this gets out and circulates. Nothing pisses us “old heads” off more than poor sportsmanship, and parents who do nothing about it.

Indeed, I know several people that were fired up over some of these FB posts... in such a small community shit like this gets out and circulates. Nothing pisses us “old heads” off more than poor sportsmanship, and parents who do nothing about it.

I have been watching wrestling in this state since the 80’s and have never seen this type of behavior. The old school St. Marks, WM Penn, and CR teams never acted this way. I guess as a coach when you sell your sole to winning this is what happens.

I have been watching wrestling in this state since the 80’s and have never seen this type of behavior. The old school St. Marks, WM Penn, and CR teams never acted this way. I guess as a coach when you sell your sole to winning this is what happens.
I have also been watching for that long and there have been plenty of guys over the years from the very teams you speak of that have acted poorly. Along with practically every other team in the state. Thankfully, it's the exception and not the rule. We just notice the ones that show out. I always try to remember, they are kids. They don't use good judgement. Reading some of the posts here, neither do some adults. I didn't allow it from my kids but when it was tried, it was addressed. It all works itself out. Look what happens several years down the road to those that don't control themselves. Either they wise up and grow up, or well, they don't.

Listen everyone, we need to thank SuperG (Mr. Davis). He was just trying to let everyone know how tough Smyrna is. Yes we know...Kurt has done a great job collecting talent from the surrounding area to form a tough team. So here is my 2 cents, take them or leave them. I have followed DE wrestling for decades. From ms level to hs. I followed Davis in ms and wasnt sure what happened when i didnt see him in hs. I then found out he transferred to smyrna and repeated thr 8th grade. I was impressed with his work ethic and how he wrestled as a freshman. This year i cant get past his showboating and change in his attitude. Posing for pictures while pinning lesser opponents and such. There is a small group of wrestlers that do the same things. Its embarrassing if you ask me. I really like the Natercola boys. They are humble in victory and defeat. Now as far as the match, the reffing was horrible on both sides, i do think CR caught the short end of the stick. That ref should be fired. I do know for a fact that Moyer was very sick leading up to the match. No excuses, the CR kid wrestled very smart against him. Anyway, i hope to see some great matches this weekend and hopefully great sportsmanship. Good luck to all the teams that made it!
U didnt know where he went

Is that a question or a statement Mr. Davis? Hahaha, anyway here is a statement from your own Coach.

“I think we were resilient,” Howell said. “Resiliency is definitely something we learned this week. We have to have some talks about some character things that we need to shape up. We certainly need to shape up some things before state duals.”

Hopefully he gets his wrestlers attitudes fixed.

I'm reading what everyone is writing and debating if I should put my 2 cents in. I know SC has had it's share of issues, trust me I;m not claiming they are angels. But some things I have seen this year are baffling to let wrestlers do. Centrals biggest match of the year and I watch the other team warm up like usual. Central comes out to warm up and the other team has 3 or 4 wrestlers at any given time still on the edge of the mat running back and forth and staring someone down. I'm a little old school, you dont cross the 50 warming up in football and you stay off the mat when the other team is warming up. It's just respect. That is usually when the "talking" starts. Then during the match there would happen to be a call that the other team didn't like and there would be a wrestler or two stepping on the mat again. Ref had a timeout when a SC wrestler had a cramp in his leg(the SC wrestler was in control at the time) and there was a few blood stoppages.and a couple opposing wrestlers would applaud the (injury)stoppage........If there was a close match the opposing wrestlers would be screaming for a stall call. The entire team. When there wasn't any reason for a stall. I get it, these are young men in a very physical sport and tempers flare. The constant walking over opponents when pinned gets old after a while. Just try to remember if that person that has your number does the same thing when he wins? It's the little things.

Last edited:
Glad you put your two cents in scfan. And you are right, at the end of the day these are kids competing in a tough sport. I wouldn’t be surprised to see the DIAA come down hard on this stuff next year and I hope that parents and coaches do the same. This sport is about much more than just winning, it builds character, teaches kids about work ethic and respect. And more than anything it teaches them how to win and loose not just on the mat but in life. These are the principles we need to be preaching and enstilling in our youth. I think overall we do a pretty good job of this and I hope it continues. Good luck to all the teams this weekend!

There are plenty Smyrna kids that are not out of control or classless. Easy with the wide brush.

Is that a question or a statement Mr. Davis? Hahaha, anyway here is a statement from your own Coach.

“I think we were resilient,” Howell said. “Resiliency is definitely something we learned this week. We have to have some talks about some character things that we need to shape up. We certainly need to shape up some things before state duals.”

Hopefully he gets his wrestlers attitudes fixed.
Come see me.

Reactions: Bully pulpit
Come see me.

I see you at every Smyrna match! The truth really hurts huh? You can't handle the truth. Lol. Poor guy got his feathers ruffled and is trying to turn to tough guy talk. If you cant handle responses to things you post on this forum, maybe you should think twice before posting.

By the posts on here, looks like there could be more action in the stands then on the mat. Refocus people. We all need to be examples for the kids. As I have posted before, practically every team in the state has had some issue with a wrestler, coach, parent, or fan associated with a team. It is unfortunately going to be part of youth sports because some people live through their kids or thrive on bs or both. Making threats on a forum is immature. Grow up. If you have a kid that acts up on the mat, address it. If your acting like an ass in the stands, knock it off. There is nothing going on out on that mat that is life and death. It's a match. Take it for what it is. And for the parents that get on here when they hear that their kid has been mentioned, stay off. People will always have something to say. Who cares. Didn't get on here when my kids were competing because I didn't care what people thought. Everyone can have an opinion. That's exactly what it is, their opinion. Why do you value it?
Good luck to all the teams and wrestlers today. And to the fans and parents, calm down. It ain't that life changing.

I see you at every Smyrna match! The truth really hurts huh? You can't handle the truth. Lol. Poor guy got his feathers ruffled and is trying to turn to tough guy talk. If you cant handle responses to things you post on this forum, maybe you should think twice before posting.
y
come see me

Ouch lots of threatening comments in this thread... I would expect more from one of Delaware’s finest.
Actually quite the opposite. Im not gonna argue with an adult who lowers himself to call out a high school kid. Especially behind a fake account they just set up. So since they know who i am-feel free to come see me.

Reactions: Melwuest
CR is the STATE CHAMPIONS! Smyrna got out wrestled and out coached plain and simple. And CR was humble through the process. I did see an improvement in the poor sportsmanship from the Smyrna side. It was nice to see that Kurt fixed those problems. Congrats to Wuest hitting a big milestone with 100 pins. I personally think Smyna is losing way too many heavy hitters this year and wont be the dominant team they have been. I also can see Kurt retiring in the near future. It was fun to watch the whole state except for Smyrna cheer for CR. Everyone loves an underdog! I think CR is going to stick around for awhile as well with a pretty young team. Congrats to those kids and those coaches!

Nothing better than seeing grown ass men threatening what are in all likelihood teenagers on here. Way to go gentlemen! Deal with your own kids and these douchebag kids hiding behind screen names will eventually get theirs. They most likely get their asses handed to them quite often in practice and matches.

Nothing better than seeing grown ass men threatening what are in all likelihood teenagers on here. Way to go gentlemen! Deal with your own kids and these douchebag kids hiding behind screen names will eventually get theirs. They most likely get their asses handed to them quite often in practice and matches.

Bottom line all sports accomplishments should be celebrated with sportsmanship, respect for your opponent, & being thankful for your opportunities. At no time should it be at the expense of your opponent. It is a virtue that will carry you far into life and future successes. Respect is gained by first giving it. No one can take or buy respect. It must be earned. Parents need to grow up, get there kids in line, and start grooming them to be good father's, teachers, and roll models for the next generation.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT