ADVERTISEMENT

WDEL/DE Sports Zone point projections after Week 7

That's what I was thinking. Something didn't look right. I noticed that everyone had already received bonus points, but Concord was the only team who's points were based only on their wins. I would like to see them get in, only if Bam Roberts isn't done for the season. IMHO that would be the only way they will be competitive offensively or I would even care to watch them compete. Any update on when or if he is returning?

I didn't get to catch the Sallies and WP games, but from what I am told and reading, the last 2 weeks showed how much they needed him. Taking nothing from Penn, but Concord is predictable, but it is a totally different offensive team when Bam is in the game. Also, a 4th and goal from the 1, wouldn't have been an issue if he were playing. One key person going down may have hurt Concord, but I hope they will be okay.

AI that is because they dont give the bonus point until after the game has been played.. for example some of the teams got MT bonus because they already played them.. Concord hasnt played MT yet and none of the teams they have played reached 7 wins yet

some of the teams like Central got bonus added because teams they played reached 7 wins.. some of those team still have a shot for 9 wins so there is more bonus coming for them

If Central wins out they will have 44 also +1or2 from Cape,poss +1 Smynra poss+1 Interboro, poss +1 Queen Annes
if Concord loses to MT they will have 43 also +1 or 2 MT, poss +1 sals, poss +1 Penn

Interboro has tough opponent this week and Queen Annes plays Kent Island in two weeks.. big games for Central

Its going to be tight.. looks pretty certain Concord will get all 4 .. Centrals pts from the OOS teams definitely not a given going to need 1 or the 2 of them for in outright otherwise were looking at tiebreakers..

Sat 1pm 8-1 Interboro visits 7-2 Penn Wood

Busch08 could probably give us some insight on these teams

Rooster my long lost elder...Interboro in for another tough one. Key for them will be can they match the intensity the put out into last weeks win over Academy Park.

If Interboro shows up from the start they should take care of business. PW has a lot of big play potential and will be sky high playing for a share of the Del-Val League title.

Also, another reason PW will be "sky high" is they earned a grant/fund earlier in the year that allowed them funds for portable lights. They have been playing at home on Friday nights at 7PM. The game is tomorrow night, not 1PM Saturday.

Cheers,

Busch

Rooster my long lost elder...Interboro in for another tough one. Key for them will be can they match the intensity the put out into last weeks win over Academy Park.

If Interboro shows up from the start they should take care of business. PW has a lot of big play potential and will be sky high playing for a share of the Del-Val League title.

Also, another reason PW will be "sky high" is they earned a grant/fund earlier in the year that allowed them funds for portable lights. They have been playing at home on Friday nights at 7PM. The game is tomorrow night, not 1PM Saturday.

Cheers,

Busch

Cool .. Maxpreps shows the game tom @1 .. Thanks for the update and preview. Does anyone tweet updates on the games up there?.. I will try and update it here tonight if they do

Last edited:
So you think they will win at Cape..lol.. Hope u show up and watch Cape run all over top of them... You really havent seen Cape yet...

Actually he didn't say that. Said if they win there definitely in but if you saw his post above on points he assumed a loss to Cape.

Last edited:
100% correct.. But if you go on just record.. They will have even more control.. Its a no win situation... Thats wats killen downstate bad...

The point system is in place because for a good 15 years downstate Played many D 1 vs D 2 games led to inflated records. 8-2 and 9-1 teams with 3 D2 games on schedule etc.

Think the system is broken but the intent made sense

If Central wins out they will have 44 also +1or2 from Cape,poss +1 Smynra poss+1 Interboro, poss +1 Queen Annes
if Concord loses to MT they will have 43 also +1 or 2 MT, poss +1 sals, poss +1 Penn

Interboro has tough opponent this week and Queen Annes plays Kent Island in two weeks.. big games for Central

Its going to be tight.. looks pretty certain Concord will get all 4 .. Centrals pts from the OOS teams definitely not a given going to need 1 or the 2 of them for in outright otherwise were looking at tiebreakers..

Sat 1pm 8-1 Interboro visits 7-2 Penn Wood

Busch08 could probably give us some insight on these teams

Damn that's going to be tight finish

Looks like were heading for this

a. If two or more teams are tied for the final at-large berth, the results of head-to-head competition during the regular season will be used to break the tie. If, after considering head-to-head competition, two or more teams are still tied for the final at-large berth, the following criteria will be used: (1) The team whose opponents have the most victories in regular season play will qualify for the playoffs. (2) If a tie still exists, the team whose opponents have the fewest defeats in regular season play will qualify for the playoffs. (3) If a tie still exists, the Committee will choose the at-large team(s) by vote

any bean counters out there want to start doing the math? lol... I believe Central will get the tie break on opponents wins wont be that close either.Interboro and Queene Annes puts them over the top. I think

Cool .. Maxpreps shows the game tom @1 .. Thanks for the update and preview. Does anyone tweet updates on the games up there?.. I will try and update it here tonight if they do

Rooster my bad...I did not see this prior to kick-off. Plenty of Tweets just had to search Interboro and I'm sure you would have found something.

Interboro prevailed 42-24 after a trailing 18-8 in the 1st giving up three big play TD's. Pulled away officially late in the fourth making it a three score game. Should benefit Sussex Central. SC has a solid defensive unit and say what you want they run their offense effectively!

Cheers,

Busch

Reactions: DelawareHSFBFAN
MT, Smryna Penn in

Appo 28 +3 MT +6 AI +6 Mount = 43
Cape 34 +1 CA +3 Smyrna +6 Tech = 44
Central 28 +6 poly +6 dover + 4 IR +1 Interboro +1 smyrna (poss +1 QA)= 46 or 47
Sals 32 +2 penn +6 tech +4 st marks +1 CA = 45
Concord 30 +6 Charter +6 Delcastle +3 MT +2 WP +1 CA = 48

Last edited:
looks like Sals and Cape will be in the tie breaker situation

oops nevermind for got the poss +1 for CA

Looks like were heading for this

a. If two or more teams are tied for the final at-large berth, the results of head-to-head competition during the regular season will be used to break the tie. If, after considering head-to-head competition, two or more teams are still tied for the final at-large berth, the following criteria will be used: (1) The team whose opponents have the most victories in regular season play will qualify for the playoffs. (2) If a tie still exists, the team whose opponents have the fewest defeats in regular season play will qualify for the playoffs. (3) If a tie still exists, the Committee will choose the at-large team(s) by vote

any bean counters out there want to start doing the math? lol... I believe Central will get the tie break on opponents wins wont be that close either.Interboro and Queene Annes puts them over the top. I think

I think I know the answer to this is no, but since DIAA is entering week 9 of the season and the PIAA is in the post season are DIAA teams allowed to accumulate more bonus points?

Cheers,

Busch

MT, Smryna Penn in

Appo 28 +3 MT +6 AI +6 Mount = 43
Cape 34 +1 CA +3 Smyrna +6 Tech = 44
Central 28 +6 poly +6 dover + 4 IR +1 Interboro +1 smyrna (poss +1 QA)= 46 or 47
Sals 32 +2 penn +6 tech +4 st marks = 44
Concord 30 +6 Charter +6 Delcastle +3 MT = 45

Wouldn't Concord also be getting a +2 from William Penn (9 wins), possible +1s from Sallies and CA?

I think I know the answer to this is no, but since DIAA is entering week 9 of the season and the PIAA is in the post season are DIAA teams allowed to accumulate more bonus points?

Cheers,

Busch
no when you play a team that plays more then ten games only the first ten games count

yep good catch

Actually, now that I look at it, they'd also be getting +4 from Middletown, not +3, if MT beats them. That would put MT at 10-0.

Same with Appo.

If my quick math is correct, that would pretty much guarentee Concord a playoff spot, possibly the #4 seed, and create a biiiig log jam for #6. Though Sals would get a +1 for Concord, might be enough to put them over the hump unless I'm missing something....+2 more for Cape against Smyrna once they hit 9 wins?? Trying to keep track of all this is annoying lol.

Actually, now that I look at it, they'd also be getting +4 from Middletown, not +3, if MT beats them. That would put MT at 10-0.

Same with Appo.

If my quick math is correct, that would pretty much guarentee Concord a playoff spot, possibly the #4 seed, and create a biiiig log jam for #6. Though Sals would get a +1 for Concord, might be enough to put them over the hump unless I'm missing something....+2 more for Cape against Smyrna once they hit 9 wins?? Trying to keep track of all this is annoying lol.
lol.. pretty sure Sals, Concord and Central will get in.. the order I dont know but it doesnt really matter. 3-6 are just sacrificial lambs for 1-2

Reactions: Uncle Bumfuzzled
You can't get +4....you'd get a point for a loss to D1. Then +1 for 7-8 wins and +1 more for 9-10 wins. The max you can get is +3 from one school with a loss.

If Appo gets +4 for MT, does that create a scenario in which they could slip into the 6th spot? Assuming of course they win out and get some help

If Appo gets +4 for MT, does that create a scenario in which they could slip into the 6th spot? Assuming of course they win out and get some help
Not even sure appo needs help. If they win out they may be in considering bonus points from penn concord Smyrna and Middletown. Also all there wins will be d1 wins unlike sallies, cape or Sussex central and tech

Not even sure appo needs help. If they win out they may be in considering bonus points from penn concord Smyrna and Middletown. Also all there wins will be d1 wins unlike sallies, cape or Sussex central and tech
With 4 losses though wouldn't they need Central or Sals to lose?

With 4 losses though wouldn't they need Central or Sals to lose?
Doubt it considering they will both have two d2 wins. If appo wins out I think the only take that can take them out is if cape wins out which involves beating Smyrna. Or if they lose bonus points from concord or penn losing to charter and delcastle

They would need Cape and sallies/central to lose. With the bonus points it still wouldn't be enough. The 4 loses hurt them. If they could have squeeked a win out of concord or penn they would have been in with a 7-3 record.

They would need Cape and sallies/central to lose. With the bonus points it still wouldn't be enough. The 4 loses hurt them. If they could have squeeked a win out of concord or penn they would have been in with a 7-3 record.
Well I'm assuming cape will lose to Smyrna. But I'm pretty sure appo getting 2 bonus points from 3 teams and 1 from another plus a full d1 schedule will push them into the playoffs if they win out

Well I'm assuming cape will lose to Smyrna. But I'm pretty sure appo getting 2 bonus points from 3 teams and 1 from another plus a full d1 schedule will push them into the playoffs if they win out
I hope you're right but I can't see how a 6-4 team would get in over a 7-3 team

Your forgetting that the 3 teams sallies concord and central are all getting bonus points as well to keep them ahead of Appo.

Your forgetting that the 3 teams sallies concord and central are all getting bonus points as well to keep them ahead of Appo.
But taking into consideration the multiple d2 wins i think that will even that out. And I agree that appo would probably be the worst team to make that playoffs if it happened I think they can play with all the for atleast a half. If they were more consistent they make make a game intresting

Reactions: steeler41
Appo took the Sussex central a blueprint against Smyrna. That's how the game was so close. They ran the ball well, and took all the time off the clock to keep the Middletoen offense off the field. The blueprint is how you beat Smyrna and Middletown, the problem with it is a good coach will make adjustments like Smyrna and Middletown did. It only works for so long until they figure out what you're doing. Honestly, I think Appo was granted a gift touchdown, the receiver fell out of bounds with the ball, never touched the end zone. But that's neither here or there. The 50+ yard touchdown by Delpercio is what hurt Appo. They started hanging their heads. And when the Middletown game is your super bowl, you can't do that. You need to pick yourself up and go harder on the next play, another touchdown would have kept it a one score game, and who knows what mentality the Appo players would have gotten from that.

Anyway, I agree with RR, seeds 3-6 are just exihibtion games until seeds 1-2 meet. William penn is rolling though since their loss to Middletown, that may be a scary team to face in the playoffs.

Appo took the Sussex central a blueprint against Smyrna. That's how the game was so close. They ran the ball well, and took all the time off the clock to keep the Middletoen offense off the field. The blueprint is how you beat Smyrna and Middletown, the problem with it is a good coach will make adjustments like Smyrna and Middletown did. It only works for so long until they figure out what you're doing. Honestly, I think Appo was granted a gift touchdown, the receiver fell out of bounds with the ball, never touched the end zone. But that's neither here or there. The 50+ yard touchdown by Delpercio is what hurt Appo. They started hanging their heads. And when the Middletown game is your super bowl, you can't do that. You need to pick yourself up and go harder on the next play, another touchdown would have kept it a one score game, and who knows what mentality the Appo players would have gotten from that.

Anyway, I agree with RR, seeds 3-6 are just exihibtion games until seeds 1-2 meet. William penn is rolling though since their loss to Middletown, that may be a scary team to face in the playoffs.
Agree with most of what you said especially the playoff part. The only real game with be in the championship

NO first of all there is no +4 for MT second even if there was they have no shot to get in

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT