ADVERTISEMENT

Wednesday Scores

St. Mark's 19 Laurel 9 half
Smyrna 34 Conrad 20 half
AI DuPont 8 Charter 2 2nd
St. Georges 28 DMA 10 half
Hodgson 42 Sussex Tech 37 3rd

CR, Friends is from the girls game. Getting scores from twitter and didn't catch it untill after I had posted.

Originally posted by pksundevil:
St. Marks up 25-12 entering the fourth. That's a pretty big lead for them.
Yeah I'm surprised, I thought it would be closer.

Delcastle 25 Milford 17 half

Delmar 50 Dover 49 7:19 left
Sussex Tech 74 Hodgson 68 Final

Got to step away from the PC for a few, but I will update scores if someone else already hasn't when I get back.

Smyrna 72 Conrad 47 final
St. Georges 59 DMA 29 final
AI 45 Charter 21 5:00 left
Dover 64 Delmar 61 15 seconds left

Typical St M game - they run their "Princeton" stuff well and Laurel runs no offense at all. Laurel stayed in it with quickness and defense. It was only 28-24 with 3 minutes left. St M hit some back doors and some foul shots to lock it up. I believe there was only 1 made outside shot in the entire game! SM's second basket of the game was a three. Laurel only took maybe 2-3 outside shots and they were in the fourth Q when they were panicking. SM took very few also. Not a pretty game but SM does this to almost everyone.

If that Sussex Tech-Hodgson score is correct then I went 8/8 in the 1st Round including both upsets w/ Delcastle over Milford & Sussex Tech over Hodgson (saying upsets since the lower seed/away team won). This next round is where it gets real interesting.

Surprise surprise...all 3 Henlopen South teams ousted in the first round. Beef that out of conference schedule up guys.

J12...milford played St. E's, St Marks, Smyrna, Poly, Appo, Dover, CR and Cape non-conference. All are in tourney but, CR......pretty beefy. Next time do a little research before you blab.

Hey moneyball3 (AKA upset Milford fan) I do my research all of the time & gave Milford their props in an earlier post for being THE ONLY Henlopen South team that challenged themselves out of conference this year, beating a good Dover squad & deserving a home game. Better luck next year.

Lol Milford still runs middle school offensive set and plays little to no defense they play best when they are running and gunning because their plays are useless no spacing or purpose at all I wasted my time and money tonight and he's the coach of the year??

This post was edited on 3/4 11:29 PM by Doghead22

Hey Doghead What happened too?

"All those up state teams are over rated you will see when the south start winning"

You posted it in another thread.

This post was edited on 3/5 6:11 AM by oldtimer22

My team is still in it Dover vs st g championship! But the south was weaker then I thought s tech shocked me and cape was just having down year

This post was edited on 3/5 6:46 AM by Doghead22

Give Sussex Tech credit, they stood toe to toe with Hodgson and were a little better prepared coaching-wise. Mount Pleasant would do well to not take ST lightly.

I actually like Sussex Tech & they have some talent. I thought that they relied too much on Sykes jacking up 3-pointers during the regular season & he can be more of a problem down low. I like Tech's chances versus Mt. Pleasant.

I actually like Sussex Tech & they have some talent. I thought that they relied too much on Sykes jacking up 3-pointers during the regular season & he can be more of a problem down low. That young point guard Palmer is very good too. I like Tech's chances versus Mt. Pleasant.

Well that all the southern coaches none of them have a clue except for the one coaching wrestling.

Went to the Suss Tech -Hodgson game. Great game. Hodgson lead most of the game and a couple of times it looked like they were going to pull away. But give Tech credit. Every time they had an answer. Sykes had a big game as did Abbott who hit a bunch of 3's and 2 big free throws at the end to secure the win.

I saw Tech early in the season and they have improved a lot. I was impressed with their passing. They do a lot of give and gos and the when they attack the basket they look to dish off for lay ups. Palmer, a freshman is as quick as anybody I've seen this year.

They give up too many 2nd and 3rd shots and that's gonna be problem against Mt Pleasant. But they are quicker than Mount and showed they don't give up. I think Mt Pleasant should win, but wouldn't count Tech out.

Let's be honest was that really a upset last night hodgson was 9-11 come on... J12 tryna bring this Cinderella too life it ends Friday lol

This post was edited on 3/5 9:55 AM by Lomcfly

Not trying to bring anything to life...I just think that Sussex Tech has some talent & underachieved during the regular season this year. Hodgson was 9-11 but vs better competition throughout the year & let's not forget that they beat Concord before having to forfeit & they also beat Delcastle.

Originally posted by Doghead22:
My team is still in it Dover vs st g championship! But the south was weaker then I thought s tech shocked me and cape was just having down year

This post was edited on 3/5 6:46 AM by Doghead22
St George is a Blue Hen team not a south team and Dover barely beat Delmar.

I think St George has a chance to make it to the finals but if Dover manages to get by St E they wont beat Sanford.

Dover coach pulled the starters early and they will beat st e and sanford! But I will be at sals vs st g if the game is still on tomorrow

i like St George's bigtime over sallies outside of donte nobody else offers enough help just not the team they were last year

Dog...milford 53........Dover 51 @ Dover. Middle school offense, no defense........bad coach. Still beat your boys.....how could that be? Lucky first round draw versus Delmar. Say...bye..bye...... Legit St. E's team next. I do agree with you on the Milford effort not being worth the $5 admission fee. Their worst game of the season. Young kids......bad night.

If you was at the Milford Dover game you would know that dover was winning he got mad with his starters pulled them with 6 mins left in the 3rd quarter they didn't see the floor any more except the freshman kid and milford only won by 2 BTW I'm a fan of Milford too Nesmith is a relative of mines and the coach plays him out of position his best shooter. you and I both know the coach is still running his middle school plays that doesn't cut it at this level

This post was edited on 3/5 4:07 PM by Doghead22

Originally posted by ShowTalent40:

i like St George's bigtime over sallies outside of donte nobody else offers enough help just not the team they were last year
Not even sure that would be an upset at this point. I mean, it's not like Sallies is a hot team coming into this thing. Only pluses for them tomorrow is Dante (although St Geos has Hamrik) and the home court. Wish they were playing tonight!!

St E's will beat Dover Doghead.. Stop being a Homer haha.. Dover does have a nice Gym tho...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT