ADVERTISEMENT

Week “0” Scores

…and apologies for me sounding like a sanctimonious old windbag. Here is what I think is a big improvement by both teams — how many unsportsmanlike penalties were called last night? I don’t know but if this game were played last year, there would have had at least 5-6 combined. From what I saw the kids were classy. Let’s hope that last year’s chaos was a one-off situation.

Last edited:
FLO coverage is interesting with the auto slo mo replays every play and announcers that know absolutely nothing about the schools or players... also interesting Teal is starting QB for DMA..
The broadcasters having zero idea of either team or their history was so disappointing. Do a little homework at least. One of my favorite exchanges was the Pxp guy, after a Matthews bomb was intercepted, “it’s as good as a punt”. To which the color guy responded, “yeah, except it was 2nd down.”

Observation last night for Sallies and DMA. First off inside the stadium was great, full stands nice and loud. And the sallies student section was ridiculous (in a good way). The line to get in was another thing was poorly plan and executed. Getting in line 45 minutes before the game started and not getting into the stadium with 4 minutes off the game clock not a good look.for the game, Sallies looks good overall. BJ looked incredible last night and from someone who has watched him play for the last two years he is stronger and faster. The QB is good and smart and didn't make any bad decisions. Defense flies around and are good tacklers. The O-line is their weakest unit and they are still good. They are a little on the small side but with those backs they just need a little opening and they are gone. Overall I think they are going to make it far this year. DMA I think will be good they just need to play smarter and not has so many penalties. The line is big and the skills can play. A lot of them play both ways though and you could see tiredness settling in when the 4th quarter came around. A fun game to attend and a really good atmosphere for football. Now on my way to check out the Smyrna game.

Edit: I forgot to say this too and it might be a little bias and if you know me you know why but a really fun match up last night was #77 Cael DeNigris for DMA and #55 Ahmed Foste r for Sallies. Both guys are vying for lineman of the year in theor respective classes and was a match up between two D1 caliber players. Nice early meeting

Last edited:
What's the score of Sallies/DMA if Alleyne doesn't transfer? How much coaching credit should DD get when the opponent's best player lands in his lap? DMA hurt themselves a lot from what I have read, but how much would having Alleyne in the lineup offset some of that nonsense? I am aware many are ok with all the "academic transfers" in Delaware HS athletics, but let's not ignore the fact that the DMA coach probably had big plans for Alleyne helping him get past the past, and then gets the rug pulled out from under his feet because of academics...if that is what we call it now.

Nobody will argue with you on it being a different game if the young man stayed at DMA. He began his academics at Sallies a couple years back so there was a connection there..

Yes, jury still deliberating on both coaches. Academic card? what other one would you play. I believe the transfer back was in place before the new coach was in place at DMA.

What do you guys mean by academics with regard to Alleyne’s transfer? Genuinely curious.
I’m still amazed that the Priest from Sallies and on the DIAA board was allowed to submit a letter of recommendation to his fellow board members asking them to approve the waiver for his school….How is that not a conflict of interest? Yes he didn’t vote on the waiver but he was allowed submit the letter and talk about it in private executive session.

Reactions: Huskerman7
I’m still amazed that the Priest from Sallies and on the DIAA board was allowed to submit a letter of recommendation to his fellow board members asking them to approve the waiver for his school….How is that not a conflict of interest? Yes he didn’t vote on the waiver but he was allowed submit the letter and talk about it in private executive session.
The school submits the letter, not one individual. Fr. Beretta is not the first board member to be in this situation. We don't know who spoke on behalf of Sallies in executive session and, as you mentioned, he recused himself from the vote. This will continue to be an issue until subjectivity is taken out of the transfer process.

The most disturbing aspect of the waivers are the votes. If a vote is anything less than unanimous, something is off. If the vote is 6-3 or 7-5, the system is broken.

The school submits the letter, not one individual. Fr. Beretta is not the first board member to be in this situation. We don't know who spoke on behalf of Sallies in executive session and, as you mentioned, he recused himself from the vote. This will continue to be an issue until subjectivity is taken out of the transfer process.
I have the letter…it’s written and signed by Father himself asking the board to vote for approval. The 1st line of the letter reads: To my fellow board members. You think a school submitted a letter with that opening line?

Last edited:
Guys after what Smyrna and Middletown has been able to get away with the last five or six years with transfers is it really worth whining about a Sallies transfer that was poached from them by promises of playing QB anyway? This is just Sallies and private school hate.. Kids are transferring at will Sallies deserves to get their share just as anyone else and in this case its one of there own coming back .

Guys after what Smyrna and Middletown has been able to get away with the last five or six years with transfers is it really worth whining about a Sallies transfer that was poached from them by promises of playing QB anyway? This is just Sallies and private school hate.. Kids are transferring at will Sallies deserves to get their share just as anyone else and in this case its one of there own coming back .

NPOA

Little late to the discussion but for what's it worth BJ did transfer to sallies after football season last year. Pretty much was there after winter break.

Reactions: Uncle Bumfuzzled
Is there any truth that Lake's Qb Tyndall broke his ankle last week?

It’s always worth whining about Sallies. Always.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT