ADVERTISEMENT

Week 10 Scores

I’ve seen this reference a few times. What does it mean?! Haha.

Bummy is harkening back to a time when the students that attended the Independent Conference schools most likely wore silk underwear and slept on satin sheets. Whom also might have been driven to school by a chauffer. 🤑

Or in 80's terms.. preppies..🤠

BiB, did you use the seeding tiebreaker? I did not. We may be wrong. 2nd tiebreaker is win % of all opponents
That is for playoff seeding to settle point index ties.. look further up on the document for district standings..

district winner automatically get 1 or 2 seed

D. Inter-district tie-breaking for playoff berth:

a. If there is a district tie for a playoff berth, the tie-breaking criteria listed below will be used.

b. Ties for final standings in all Districts will be settled using the following procedure.

Note: When breaking a 3-way or multiple tie, follow the procedure until one tie is broken and return to top and begin the procedure again with the remaining teams.

1.Head-to-head record

2.Fewest points per game allowed in district games (Points allowed divided by number of games played)

3.Opponents highest win percentage (Includes cross-district and cross-class opponents. Ties count as onehalf of a win.)

4.Highest tournament seeding index 5.Coin toss

Last edited:
That is for playoff seeding.. look further up on the document for district standings..

district winner automatically get 1 or 2 seed

D. Inter-district tie-breaking for playoff berth:

a. If there is a district tie for a playoff berth, the tie-breaking criteria listed below will be used.

b. Ties for final standings in all Districts will be settled using the following procedure.

Note: When breaking a 3-way or multiple tie, follow the procedure until one tie is broken and return to top and begin the procedure again with the remaining teams.

1.Head-to-head record

2.Fewest points per game allowed in district games (Points allowed divided by number of games played)

3.Opponents highest win percentage (Includes cross-district and cross-class opponents. Ties count as onehalf of a win.)

4.Highest tournament seeding index 5.Coin toss
Ok. Good. We got it right. Whew!!

Reactions: Woody_Wood
Congrats to Appo, now how will the seeding change?

1 Smyrna
2 Appo

the rest 3-8 will be in order of point index.. I am not bothering with that..lol

But just quickly looking at the records 3 should be Central then 4 Sallies. Not sure how the BP's for MT's OOS games will play out but as a guess I would say MT gets 5th seed. MT would probably have had a top 4 seed if Appo didn't get an auto 2 seed for winning the district

I understand that! DIAA makes it seem like a simple process , then the hidden formula with a touch of rocket science.

I’ll take shot …. 1) Smyrna - 8) Cape
2) Appo - 7) St.George’s
3) Sussex - 6) Dover
4) MHS. - 5) Sallies
Please don’t take this to the bank

Reactions: BackinBlack86
damn it guess I am gonna have to do 3A points..

1 Smyrna 9-1 36 + 11bp 47pts 4.7
2 Appo 6-4 24 + 10bp 34pts 3.4 (auto seed)
3 Central 8-2 32 + 7bp 39pts 3.9
4 MTown 6-4 24 + 14bp 38 pts 3.8
5 Sallies 7-3 28 + 8bp 36pts 3.6
6 Dover 6-4 24 +10bp 34pts 3.4
7 St Georges 4-6 14 + 10bp 24pts 2.4
8 Cape 4-6 14 +9bp 23 pts 2.3

Last edited:
Bracket should be

(1) Smyrna
(8) Cape

(5) Sallies
(4) Middletown

(3) Central
(6) Dover

(7) St Georges
(2) Appo

Reactions: Bucsnot
Sets up for Central real nice to make it to UD..IMO

SO when you look at it either Central, Dover, St Georges or Appo will be in the championship...

According to MaxPreps, Chris Albero is averaging 4.9 points a game kicking while playing 9 games. That’s most likely the most points for a kicker this season.

ok now I see where the Sals announcers got their info for the claim..although they said scoring not field goals.. anyway

per MaxPreps lol. BDN has never allowed Sallies to post their stats on MaxPreps.. how odd

Last edited:
things that make you go hmmm..

So Sallies has a better record than MT and beat them but loses out on the home playoff game vs them because MT went out and got their ass beat by 3 good OOS teams.. sure, makes sense to me lol

*disclaimer.. not saying anything is wrong or making any statement otherwise just things that make you go hmmmm.

Last edited:
things that make you go hmmm..

So Sallies has a better record than MT and beat them but loses out on the home playoff game vs them because MT went out and got ass beat by 3 good OOS teams.. sure, makes sense to me lol

*disclaimer.. not saying anything is wrong or making any statement otherwise just things that make you go hmmmm.
Friends beat Archmere who beat St Mark's who beat Appo who beat the Sals who beat Mtown who beat Smyrna. Does that prove undefeated Friends should be number 1 overall in the state, instead of Smyrna? Things that make you go hmmmm.

Friends beat Archmere who beat St Mark's who beat Appo who beat the Sals who beat Mtown who beat Smyrna. Does that prove undefeated Friends should be number 1 overall in the state, instead of Smyrna? Things that make you go hmmmm.
lol.. sure if you legitimately think Friends would beat Smyrna if they played.. 🤠

Reactions: Dehsfootball2022
Goin back to that MT v Smyrna game... Smyrna pretty much just ran earthquake the whole game (for some reason) Eagles only threw the ball 13 times and 3 of those Y Knight threw.. I am still convinced the QB had some arm issue going on or he had a real bad case of the yips. none the less it was strange.

I believe Smyrna will have no problem taking MT out this next go round. yes I believe MT will beat Sallies round 1. Last nights game was a confidence killer for the Sals and the freshman QB has shown signs of getting a little shaky at times. JMHO

Last edited:
ok now I see where the Sals announcers got their info for the claim..although they said scoring not field goals.. anyway

per MaxPreps lol. BDN has never allowed Sallies to post their stats on MaxPreps.. how odd

Just putting it out there, not saying anything about who is better but Chris Alberro is 17 for 18 in field goals for his career at Archmere. Not sure if those stats are current or not but I know he has another one yesterday against DMA

Just putting it out there, not saying anything about who is better but Chris Alberro is 17 for 18 in field goals for his career at Archmere. Not sure if those stats are current or not but I know he has another one yesterday against DMA
Maxpreps doesn't even keep or address state records nor do they have any stats for the Sals kicker on file except 1 pat in 2020. That meme was made up and not from Maxpreps.. also seems like a false claim at least as far as career record. 13 FG in 1 season is crazy but also a testament to Sals Offense inability to score in the redzone.

As for Albero's kicking stats these are what they have. DMA game is included

17 of 19 is pretty wicked for high school..

PATs and Field Goals​

YearGradeTeamGPPATAtt%FGAtt%LngTot PtsKick P/G
Varsity Totals41133150.91719.9361844.5
22-23SeniorVarsity93235.9441.028444.9
21-22JuniorVarsity124044.967.935584.8
20-21SophomoreVarsity92832.934.833374.1
19-20FreshmanVarsity113339.8441.036454.1

Last edited:
Maybe this OOS
Games against superior opponents finally bit Middletown in their …., wonder if the would of rather played the few in state teams that wanted to play them and had chance to win those games.

as for Maxpreps only about 30% of the teams in DE even post stats and half of those don't bother posting special teams or kicker stats

BIB you and everyone else on here knows how the point system has been flawed for 30 years, im sure same scenario can be brought to light every other year.

Maybe this OOS
Games against superior opponents finally bit Middletown in their …., wonder if the would of rather played the few in state teams that wanted to play them and had chance to win those games.

In this years case they lucked out and got the 4 seed but it could have easily cost them a home playoff game. It did probably cost them the 3 seed though. The OOS games had no bearing on the district placements.

On another note did Pearson play vs HVT? Has he played since coming back from IMG?

Last edited:
BIB you and everyone else on here knows how the point system has been flawed for 30 years, im sure same scenario can be brought to light every other year.
True but it doesn't make it any less fun to debate on here... All point systems are flawed in some way.. just gotta

5ivbpa.gif

So the sallies loss cost them , and Sallies loss to Appo cost them…….
The Sallies loss to Appo didn't effect them really.. Sallies would have been the 2 instead of Appo.. Central would still be 3... only difference would be MT would be playin Dover at home instead of Sallies

they lost the District and 2 seed when they lost to Sallies

Sallies lost to Appo cost them home game Bs St.George’s , I’m sure they don’t mind coming back to Middletown but I know they would rather be on other side of bracket…..

Sallies lost to Appo cost them home game Bs St.George’s , I’m sure they don’t mind coming back to Middletown but I know they would rather be on other side of bracket…..
I'm confused are we talking about what cost Middletown or Sallies?

I was saying Sallies "loss" to Appo didn't really cost Middletown anything other than they play Sallies at home instead of Dover. Of course the loss to Appo cost Sallies plenty

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT