ADVERTISEMENT

WEEK 5 FNL SCORES

Smyrna DB picks Troyer with 4th pick of the season. Smyrna ball on Cavs 38

Will edit Smyrna DB name when I get it. Forgot by the time I posted lol

MT picks Mark's in endzone. He had his guy open just didn't have the arm strentgh throwing on the run to get it there. Not a knock just he is young.next year he makes that throw no problem

This game may come down to QB play. Troyer is just better than the combo Smyrna is employing

i-keep-dancing-on-my-own-dancing-alone.gif

• Haha
Reactions: MTownCavs09
Well when coaches look to win by recruiting talent and aren't really good coaches this is what you have. You win every game when you out athlete the other teams but have problems against teams that can match your athletes. Even more so a well coached team can beat a team who has better athletes. Archmere beating DMA currently is prime example.

@Uncle Bumfuzzled I know you like Carre because of some coaching tree fom Howard but man. It's high school not the NFL. Dude he had a horrible record at previous school. You can argue he didn't have the horses but he does now and is getting beat by a well coached team with far less athletes. Not only that DMA has looked redicously poorlt coached on offense this year just saying

Sussex Tech ahead of Lake 21-14 going into the 4th last I heard.

Also heard WB is ahead of Laurel late but didn't get a score

Mark's again gets picked in endzone after great drive. Freshman mistake trying to do too much and Smryna OC put him that position prior play trying to bring earthquake in and a false start

Reactions: J12
If you can't tell I am over the earthquake thing. Teams aren't fooled anymore just like they figured it out in 1965.

WB beat Laurel 28-8. Laurel had two fumbles early in the 1st that were scoop and scores. Other than that it was not a good game by either offenses. I bet they didn’t have 200 yds combined
I will 2nd that Laurels O looked very bad.

If you can't tell I am over the earthquake thing. Teams aren't fooled anymore just like they figured it out in 1965.
It worked up until this year so far and now Appo and Dover use it too. Guess coaches still think it works. Dover is nasty with it this year.

It worked up until this year so far and now Appo and Dover use it too. Guess coaches still think it works. Dover is nasty with it this year.
The Wall Street Journal ran an interesting article on this formation (better named the Eagles 4th and short). It's actually taken from rugby and there are a lot of voices within the NFL that want to get it banned. The gist of the article was that since it originated in rugby the defense should use rugby tactics to counter it. The opposing d lineman should lock arms and hit the opposing o lineman low allowing the linebackers to make the stop. It is illegal for o lineman to lock arms but not d lineman.

Note to Uncle Bummy. Since you are an insider yell, in the ear of the Sals line coach to ditch the two point stance. It isn't worth squat to the running game. O line gets no push at all. It showed in the Dover game.

Courtesy of Sean Greene

St. Andrew's 34, FSMA 13
Dickinson 41, AI 6
Appo 31, S Cent 30
Hodgson 48, CR 20
Archmere 14, DMA 12
Cape 22, SM 17
Seaford 23, IR 6
Lake 28, STech 21
WBridge 24, Laurel 8
Odessa 48, Conrad 6
Salesianum 34, St. G 13