ADVERTISEMENT

Week one TNL scores

BackinBlack86

Top 100 Prospect
Oct 5, 2018
Only two games on tap both on 302, WB vs Col Richardson and the resurrection of the Backyard Brawl trophy HVT vs Caravel.. I forgot who holds it currently HVT or CA..stay tuned

Last edited:
HVT starting out like last week .. In disarray and two pre snap procedural penalties . CA looks discipline on D ...all over everything HVT was attempting.. 3 and out HVT

Wow punt goes over Hamlin's head but he tracks it and returns to house.. CA 7 HVT 0 10:45 1st

WB drives down the field easily on Col R .. score .. not sure if PAT good or not .. no score shown on stream.. CR (for tonight Col R is CR) with a big return deep into WB territory

HVT another stop.. HVT Davis returns punt to the house HVT 7 CA 7 early 2nd

CA offensive scheme is weird.. Are they I, Spread, Pistol what? Is there an RPO coach in the house?

Well this T pistol run game worked on this drive. TD Miller CA 14 HVT 7 7:06 2nd

CA system is no system.. run multiple looks till something works lol

Incredible 2nd punt return to the house by Hamlin.. Why is HVT punting to him? I don't know ask coach .. just saying... CA 21 HVT 7 4:20 til half

HVT QB with a nice 2 min drive... CA with huge defensive effort to hold off HVT from 1st and goal at CA 5... Some questionable play calls by HVT IMO but hey.. CA 21 HVT 7 halftime.. Three TD from special teams punt return game.. 2 for CA 1 for HVT,, Should be an interesting 2nd half

WB 30 C Rich 12 half

Reactions: Uncle Bumfuzzled
Caravel might be the only team in the nation running the I formation.. just saying but hey if you are going to run it run it right,, Flanker on the wing and run the option plays, cross blocks etc.. ... Thoughts of Turner Gill, Mike Rozier and Irving Fryer come to mind,, Put the D in conflict.. but anyway... There is a difference in lining up in a formation and actually running that offense for that set. It is a different thing..

In any case HVT driving first and goal and then scores PAT NG CA 21 HVT 13 early 3rd

Last edited:
CA tries spread this series,, no reads, no audibles .... pretty much sandlot,, HVT holds HVT ball

I remember watching Caravel last year. They were very good. Disciplined line on both sides of the field. On offense they were taking really wide splits that opened up a lot of space for their nifty backs. Sounds like it’s more of the same this year.

I remember watching Caravel last year. They were very good. Disciplined line on both sides of the field. On offense they were taking really wide splits that opened up a lot of space for their nifty backs. Sounds like it’s more of the same this year.
CA likes to set up in different sets to confuse the D but the reality is these Offenses have different blocking schemes and they are meant to set up misdirection and play action passes, Or in the spread Offenses take advantage of mismatches via audibles... There is none of that.. but I have been harping on that for years,, hey If you have an athlete advantage it really doesn't matte what offense or set you run...but all things equal then it does matter

CA back in I running belly up the gut is effective and drives it in ... Hey I love the I, my point is commit to it and run the fake belly options on the edge .. cross buck scissor plays, play action and hit Flanker and TE on the outs and flags... anywhoo CA 28- HVT 13 6:44 left

Last edited:
I disagree with the pundits on twitter and the announcers in this game... HVT will win a few games maybe like 2 or 3.. They went 1 and 1 vs 2 A teams.. They will get waxed vs most the 3A teams on their schedule or maybe all of them..

Caravel might be the only team in the nation running the I formation.. just saying but hey if you are going to run it run it right,, Flanker on the wing and run the option plays, cross blocks etc.. ... Thoughts of Gil Turner, Mike Rozier and Irving Fryer come to mind,, Put the D in conflict.. but anyway... There is a difference in lining up in a formation and actually running that Offense for that set. It is a different thing..

In any case HVT driving first and goal and then scores PAT NG CA 21 HVT 13 early 3rd
Turner Gill, but I love any reference to the ‘83 Huskers😉

Seems HVT is in trouble, again! Looks as though their offensive line doesn't hold up well on plays designed to go down field. Everything else is short passes. Running game seemed to be nonexistent. However #2 is lightning in a bottle! On defense HVT had no answer for stopping the run. Caravel might've completed 3 or 4 passes all game. Caravel played bully ball and won the turnover, and special teams battle.

Reactions: BackinBlack86
Seems HVT is in trouble, again! Looks as though their offensive line doesn't hold up well on plays designed to go down field. Everything else is short passes. Running game seemed to be nonexistent. However #2 is lightning in a bottle! On defense HVT had no answer for stopping the run. Caravel might've completed 3 or 4 passes all game. Caravel played bully ball and won the turnover, and special teams battle.
I don’t the details of the injury but their RB/LB Hawkins got injured in the 1st half and never came back. He’s a stud for them so I’m hoping it’s nothing too serious.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT