ADVERTISEMENT

Who do you have in the state final?

Appo / Cape / Middletown / Caravel I think are left standing in the semis. All depends on matchups. Looking at the teams in the 12-20 range there are some dangerous teams there that could upset the apple cart. Dover, Conrad, St Georges, and St. Marks round out the final 8.

I would love to see a rematch of Appo and M-Town for the finals. It's difficult to pick teams right because the brackets are obliviously the most important thing. Definitely need pitching so teams like Caravel, Conrad, Middletown, Appo and Cape stand out to me as being serious contenders.

Pitch counts and subsequent rest periods are certainly going to require some strategic coaching in the playoffs. That being said, pitching depth is what will take teams deep. You have to believe Appo and Cape have the most depth. M-Town losing Dunn doesnt help, but the young staff is stepping up nicely. Buckle up, going to be a crazy playoff ride!

Pitch counts and subsequent rest periods are certainly going to require some strategic coaching in the playoffs. That being said, pitching depth is what will take teams deep. You have to believe Appo and Cape have the most depth. M-Town losing Dunn doesnt help, but the young staff is stepping up nicely. Buckle up, going to be a crazy playoff ride!
What happened to Dunn?

So what's the deal with Cape? I haven't seen them play but they're 8-6 but get talked about quite a bit on here as a contender?

Last edited:
So what's the deal with Cape? Haven't seen them played but they're 8-6 but get talked about quite a bit on here as a contender?
I don't believe their pitching has been very consistent , giving up a lot of walks .

Cape has the arms but unfortunately haven't been able to give much run support in their losses other than the 11-10 loss to Caravel. Cape is just 1-5 in games decided by 2 runs or less but have 4 wins by 10 or more runs. Their last 4 losses they were shutout by Sallies, lost 3-2 in a 12 inning continuation game against Smyrna, scored 1 run against Poly, & scored 2 yesterday vs Delmar. If they get hot and somehow find it at the plate, they could make a deep run like a few yeas ago. Right now however they have to worry about getting in.

I think this year is up for grabs. It wouldn't surprise me if anyone wins it. Its going to be a matter of matchups and getting hot. (of course pitching depth)

I don't think there is a dominant team at all. Conrad is clearly number one ranked and a good team, good fundamentals and a top notch pitcher. But they aren't dominant. Same with Appo ; very deep team pitching wise, doesn't make a lot of mistakes and can hit the ball. But what if Appo or Conrad end up top ranked for the tourney and maybe face Cape who barely gets in? If Cape is playing its best game, its easily a coin toss who wins that game. In fact i would almost argue that just about anyone in the tourney if they play a good game can upset Appo or Conrad. I'm not taking anything away from Appo or Conrad.

I won't count out Caravel and St Marks either. St Marks only lost to Caravel, Appo and Sallies by 1 run. Caravel has only lost in state to Sallies and it was by 1 run.

I think after Appo, Conrad, Caravel and St Marks, the top four teams in my opinion....there are numerous teams that could easily upset the top 4 teams. Mtown, Newark Charter, Poly, Cape...just to name a few

Cape has the arms but unfortunately haven't been able to give much run support in their losses other than the 11-10 loss to Caravel. Cape is just 1-5 in games decided by 2 runs or less but have 4 wins by 10 or more runs. Their last 4 losses they were shutout by Sallies, lost 3-2 in a 12 inning continuation game against Smyrna, scored 1 run against Poly, & scored 2 yesterday vs Delmar. If they get hot and somehow find it at the plate, they could make a deep run like a few yeas ago. Right now however they have to worry about getting in.
Sounds like their Offense is holding them back

There have only been 3 championship games in the past 15 years that did not include either St. Mark's or Caravel.

Last edited:
Caravel vs. Appo - but then again, it all depends on the bracket. Saint Mark's has GOT to start hitting. They just aren't. They can pitch with anyone! You can never count them out. #SpartanPride I love Conrad because they do all the fundamentals very well.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT