106 rosser
126 creasey if he beats norquest
145 dalious
182 vanvorst
220 hovington
285 wynes

would have 7 if taylor wasn't upset
I don't think Handlin will beat Larson Wilson again

285 is deep and while Dooley should be favored as the returning champ, there are a lot of 1-2 point decisions among the top 9 seeds. Should b interesting!

Should Dooley be favored as the returning champ? Didn't Montgomery pin Dooley at the Delcastle tournament?

285 is a mess. It's either they can win it, or not even place! :confused:

agreed. looks like it was advantage to be seeded 2nd. looks like the bottom of the bracket is much easier. could be a cake walk for the sallies kid

biggest upset so far is 160 Dailey losing to Brisco 1st round...although I believe Dailey is still hurting from his knee injury sustained at State Duals

Last edited:
Thanks Weave. He has been wrestling mediocre at best all season. Low energy and low effort. He claimed that he would turn it up in the postseason so I'm especially happy to see him wrestling closer to his potential.

Reactions: anon_gkw8750gylwgb
Match of the night? 285 Montgomery vs Springer, Pierce vs Cruz , 113 Begatto vs Hahn, 170 Montgomery vs Hudson ,

based just on excitement factor and potential upset based on watching the what ever the trackwrestling match things are are called .. the last second win by Montgomery over Springer is my choice.. simply because it seemed Springer had the upset w 16 secs to go then bam... nope lol

Finals projections
106-Rosser vs Caruso
113-Hayes vs Cawman
120-Novarnik vs Baum
126-Immediato vs McDonough
132-Chilson vs Archangelo
138-Brooks vs Bryant
145-Bennett vs Dalious
152-Lamey vs Bautista
160-Wilson vs Lawson
170-Mayan vs Sudler
182-Miller vs Clayton
195-Wuest vs Clavier
220-Medley vs Hovington
285-Dooley vs Pierce

Reactions: 2old4bs and coasta
@Jeff...I'm glad they seed now but there should be some Henlopen factor added to seeding criteria. Last year and today showed that some kids with impressive records in other conferences are getting high seeds while the downstate kids are in the meat grinder every week. I know upstate coaches and fans may not agree but the evidence speaks for itself. It's certainly something to look into. Oh well, baseball mode now.

@Jeff...I'm glad they seed now but there should be some Henlopen factor added to seeding criteria. Last year and today showed that some kids with impressive records in other conferences are getting high seeds while the downstate kids are in the meat grinder every week. I know upstate coaches and fans may not agree but the evidence speaks for itself. It's certainly something to look into. Oh well, baseball mode now.

Been saying the same thing regarding seeding. And I think they still put too much emphasis on the conference tournament results as well. If a Henlopen kid gets upset and doesn't win his weight class, he shouldn't drop all the way down to a three or four in a lot of cases. But, what can you do? The counter is always going to be that seeding shouldn't matter and the best wrestlers will still rise above it. It's a decent point except for the fact that if that's your stance you should ask yourself why even seed at all?

And yes, baseball season is here. Henlopen North should be pretty entertaining. Of course, I will be too distracted by the cold weather and will keep ranting about how baseball should be a fall sport anywhere north of the Carolinas.

Reactions: youjustme
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT