ADVERTISEMENT

Wm. Penn vs. Middeletown

HSportsFan11

Water boy
Sep 6, 2015
Tell me you thoughts on this match up. I hate to see this game so early. Would of rather seen this when both teams had time to get there teams fully ready. Great Early season Match Up. Could be a Preview for the State Championship game at the Uod D Come December.

My Pick = Toss Up Game

I posted earlier that I think WP wins 35-6, even though I'm a MOT fan , I think MT(MDP) puts the game in VDP's arm/pass game big mistake, this isn't 7 vs 7, WP's secondary not even close to last years team but MT QB forces to many bad passes ! But if they can establish the run game /mixed with high pct. passes MT could very well win, but I think QB turns the ball over at least 3-4 x which kills MT. WP's line is much better both sides of the ball which will also be the difference! IMO

I say MT wins this one. They have more returning this year while WP has some pieces to fit together and need some kids to step up. Throw in home field, the 2 losses last year and I think MT gets a bit of revenge this time around. I do think that WP will be a team that will improve a great deal as the season goes on, but this early in the season I give MT a slight edge. MT wins 28 - 21.

I am expecting a mouthy, sloppy game full of penalties that said I think MT will be the more disciplined team at this point in the season and comes out on top at home 28-14

Run Game:
..WP will be able to run on Cavs at will even though I believe WP line is a lil overrated (same as last year)...much easier when you have the stud RB's to carry the load.
.. M-Town run game can be very good but not vs WP D who has more playmakers on D than MT on Offense

Advantage WP

Pass Game- Question here is can and how much Delpercio to Delpercio to Delpercio can the Cavs use. This aint Godwin and Wade! They are gonna try this "Air Delpercio" and might just go to the well once to often. Again-WP more playmakers on D and will see it coming.

Advantage WP

Special Teams goes to WP

And RR- you hit the nail on the head- trash talk and cheap shots have already started and IMHO-that will hurt the CAVS.......ALOT

WP by 10+

This is a game where MT will miss #56 Elentrio & # 41 Schneider from last season & #78 (injured), they were able to stop the stud from ST (Kane) similar RB as Titus! MT is very quick on D but not sure they have that big hitter as years past seasons (#3 & #22 could step up ?), We are out of Digati's too, we need 3rd generation to hurry up !

Last edited:
Nuk your like a hipocrit now your saying Penn will get beat this weekend? One minute your praising Penn the next you dont think they can beat M- Town ??? Cmon man!!!!!! And Jawnsky Penn's line overated ??? I dont care how good a back you are without an O line your nothing. Penn's O line is the best in the state hands down . Im a football fan I give credit where credit is due . You guys are funny

Jawnsky there is one thing that's guaranteed.. Regardless who wins some fans/parents of the losing team will be on here blaming the Refs... Take that to the bank lol

When in doubt....always blame the ref!

on a serious note.....I have witnessed (we prob all have)...where an official throws that dreaded very late flag.....like- REAL LATE ....after a coach and or fans/player really gets on them....always cracks me up.....but it does occasionally work

where u at Vert????

Reactions: spartakos
When in doubt....always blame the ref!

on a serious note.....I have witnessed (we prob all have)...where an official throws that dreaded very late flag.....like- REAL LATE ....after a coach and or fans/player really gets on them....always cracks me up.....but it does occasionally work

where u at Vert????
My Favorite is the one that comes from the ref across the field 30 yards away from play!!

Looks like Friday night game time temps will be absolutely perfect low 70's! I for one was hoping for 87 degrees w/ 90 % humidity to give MT the advantage over the big boys from across the bridge!

Nuk your like a hipocrit now your saying Penn will get beat this weekend? One minute your praising Penn the next you dont think they can beat M- Town ??? Cmon man!!!!!! And Jawnsky Penn's line overated ??? I dont care how good a back you are without an O line your nothing. Penn's O line is the best in the state hands down . Im a football fan I give credit where credit is due . You guys are funny

How am I a hypocrite? I gave my honest breakdown of this weeks game. I think WP is a team that has a lot of room to grow this year. They lost quite a bit to graduation and it's gonna take time to jell. Picking the #2 team to beat the #1 team when the #2 team is at home isn't hypocritical in my book. I picked MT to win by one score which is really a toss up. If the ball bounces WP's way maybe they win. I'm certainly no expert and have never claimed to be. Just giving my opinion which really doesn't amount to a hill of beans. Guess cause I root for WP and I'm a friend of Coach Dooley and they have all their starters are playing means I gotta pick them to win every game by 30+... just like they would have done to Smyrna right DEFENSEREST?

It is great to be back on this forum after my banishment for over a year.
No matter what both MDT and WP will be better than Salesianum. I took the opportunity to go to the Slowsky game Saturday night against O'Hara.
What a disappointment. The Oline is big but soft. They didn't hold their blocks at all. They had 3-4 false start penalties in the first half alone. The Slowskys (also Softskys) just wore out O'Hara in the second half.

On Defense the Slowsky Dbacks were spotty. O'Hara had a lot of open receivers. The O'Hara QB just could not get the ball to them. He missed a lot of open receivers.

I will give the Slowskys credit for their in state schedule. Penn, MDT, Concord, Sussex Tech, Smyrna, St. Marks, Dover and CR will give them all that they can handle.

respectfully,

Bummy

Run Game:
..WP will be able to run on Cavs at will even though I believe WP line is a lil overrated (same as last year)...much easier when you have the stud RB's to carry the load.
.. M-Town run game can be very good but not vs WP D who has more playmakers on D than MT on Offense

Advantage WP

Pass Game- Question here is can and how much Delpercio to Delpercio to Delpercio can the Cavs use. This aint Godwin and Wade! They are gonna try this "Air Delpercio" and might just go to the well once to often. Again-WP more playmakers on D and will see it coming.

Advantage WP

Special Teams goes to WP

And RR- you hit the nail on the head- trash talk and cheap shots have already started and IMHO-that will hurt the CAVS.......ALOT

WP by 10+
This is a game where MT will miss #56 Elentrio & # 41 Schneider from last season & #78 (injured), they were able to stop the stud from ST (Kane) similar RB as Titus! MT is very quick on D but not sure they have that big hitter as years past seasons (#3 & #22 could step up ?), We are out of Digati's too, we need 3rd generation to hurry up !
The good thing is Elentrio is not playing he is the dirtiest player I've ever seen

Come on brother! Really! Dirty? Just knew how to get under the skin of the opponent! He played every down! Should of been Blue/Gold MVP if Gold won! He is a player every coach wanted , and every coach didn't want to play against!! 3 Dogs
GFY

Last edited:
Come on brother! Really! Dirty? Just knew how to get under the skin of the opponent! He played every down! Should of been Blue/Gold MVP if Gold won! He is a player every coach wanted , and every coach didn't want to play against!! 3 Dogs
GFY
Yes dirty every coach says the same thing he was very dirty and the bad thing he was a good player

I think William Penn wins this game . I dont see Middletown stopping the run and if they adjust to the run it looks like William Penn tuned up their passing game so I think its pick your poison for Middletown. We will see tomorrow just my opinion.

Coin flip......Cavs get the W............4th quarter, ball security is key.

Tough to play at "The Jungle" this early in the schedule.

Most important, do not forget................................To Play the 50/50.

Honestly not sure this game has any impact on either team win or lose/ I think it would make a difference if the game was played week 7-10, nice to win this early, but to early to define either teams season! I really think that turnovers/penalties will be the difference! If MDP actually coaches / in stead of allowing his son to call plays MT has a chance, funny thing is he had probably one of the best QBs to come out of the state of DE & didn't allow him to call his own plays!? Kind of puzzled that not one of his Coaches has got a set of b*lls to questions his decision to allow VDP to run the O!~ I guess they are afraid! The last one that did is no longer there!

Mob- you are very in touch with your MDP side. And in reality-this game means very little....both teams will reach playoffs.....only possible real meaning is Flight A title......and that does not really matter anyway...they are the class of that division.

I can tell you that WP coach is same way with his.......K _ D

Great rastler....good lineman and kid. Not a personal attack, just truth......

Last edited:
Your probably another parent who doesn't know a thing about any type of sport and your kid is the best would love to talk sports with you some day Face to face
You nailed it on the head ! I don't have any kids in school though & I definitely don't know much about anything thats for sure! I would be wasting your time talking sports, with all your expert knowledge pretty sure you get bored!! I'm just an old Dago that loves to watch and follow HS football and I like to stick up for my fellow Italians! If Elentrio played for WP it would be a different scenario, you would be his biggest fan!

Your probably another parent how doesn't know a thing about any type of sport and your kid is the best would love to talk sports with you some day Face to face
h
You nailed it on the head ! I don't have any kids in school though & I definitely don't know much about anything thats for sure! I would be wasting your time talking sports, with all your expert knowledge pretty sure you get bored!! I'm just an old Dago that loves to watch and follow HS football and I like to stick up for my fellow Italians! If Elentrio played for WP it would be a different scenario, you would be his biggest fan!
He would of never played for Dooley be a cheap shot artist.Thats a fact.

So your telling that one of the best LBer's in the state would of not played for Coach D, since when did WP get such high standards, and become holier than thou, I guess WP's roster is filled with nothing but players of great character and fortitude! Now your talking dumb sh*t!!! Time to move out of Dobbinsville my friend I think the water is clouding your mind! Sounds like you may of been of the ones ,or maybe your son that he mauled, poked an eye or kicked or called a bad name? I have to say that his aggressive play probably did cost him some votes for All-State last year! Moving on!!! Lets go Appo

Last edited:
So your telling that one of the best LBer's in the state would of not played for Coach D, since when did WP get such high standards, and become holier than thou, I guess WP's roster is filled with nothing but players of great character and fortitude! Now your talking dumb sh*t!!! Time to move out of Dobbinsville my friend I think the water is clouding your mind! Sounds like you may of been of the ones ,or maybe your son that he mauled, poked an eye or kicked or called a bad name? I have to say that his aggressive play probably did cost him some votes for All-State last year! Moving on!!! Lets go Appo
He would not of started over Lake Or Stantly or Hope I'm done wasting my breathe with you go have another drink and move back to philly and route for the little Quakers.

He would not of started over Lake Or Stantly or Hope I'm done wasting my breathe with you go have another drink and move back to philly and route for the little Quakers.
That really hurts Dog! Maybe I will! Have another! Salute!
DOG Definition / DOG Means -internet slang
The definition of DOG is "Telephone" or "Ugly person" Pretty sure your a not telephone!

Jawnsky You said that Coach Dooley lets his son run the Offense? I know Coach Dooley and he runs his team not his son or for that matter any player. He gives them OL Calls and yes his Son is the Center he makes the calls for the blocking assignments for the OL on certain plays. But no player calls any plays Offense or Defense. I will say knowing the Dooley family and knowing Brandon Dooley #66 he is a class act kid who works as hard as any athlete out there. Ask anyone who has ever Coached him. Congrats to Wp on their big win I thought both teams played with a lot of passion. It was well worthy the $5 dollars. We will see this game again in November or December I think..I think Delpercio and Dooley run great programs.

Jawnsky, If I was more computer savvy this would be a perfect time to post the Budweiser commercial of the Coach and then the guy's wife screaming in the officials ear with no response from him whatsoever. I would simply say that if a coach or whoever gets in your head you have a tendecy to overthink or perhaps over analyze things which could lead to scenario as you described. I'll pose this question as well. Which is worse, the waving off of a penalty or the late penalty? Unfortunately when you "pick one up" no one in the stadium knows why with the exception of the coaches and players. I've said it hundreds of times, the best game I can work is the one that no one knows I was there.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT