ADVERTISEMENT

St Marks vs Sussex Central

proudscfan

Good all around Player
Sep 6, 2010
I know in the grand scheme of things this match doesn't mean much. But it is D1 #1 vs D2 #1. Possibly the two best teams in the state. St. Marks is stacked and starting to look like the teams of years ago. Friday night at the Castle. Should be a good one. Any thoughts or predictions?

I know in the grand scheme of things this match doesn't mean much. But it is D1 #1 vs D2 #1. Possibly the two best teams in the state. St. Marks is stacked and starting to look like the teams of years ago. Friday night at the Castle. Should be a good one. Any thoughts or predictions?
It definitely has the potential to be one of the best matches of the season.

This St Marks team isn't close to as good as the 2009-2010 team that they had but I agree that they have level jumped compared to last year. St Marks is stacked in the middle of their lineup, SC is going to have to make up some ground in the Heavys and any potential swing matches.

This St Marks team isn't close to as good as the 2009-2010 team that they had but I agree that they have level jumped compared to last year. St Marks is stacked in the middle of their lineup, SC is going to have to make up some ground in the Heavys and any potential swing matches.
You are correct, they are no where near those nationally ranked teams. But they have come a long way from not being able to filed a team just a few short years ago. Central is best from the lower weights. 106-138. That is usually where they shine. Bonus points and swing matches will make or break either team.

Reactions: trapblock22
I definitely see this being close. And it should be an exciting match. SC has the lower weights and STM has the upper weights. 126 132 and 150 could definitely be those swing matches and bonus points I think will determine outcome.

It should be a forfeit if Central wanted to wrestle and Saint Marks wouldn’t wrestle. You wrestle with who ya got! Sure there still would have been some fun matches to watch even with some regulars out. Sure Central is missing a kid or two as well given the nature of this sport. It’s a shame they cancelled the day of the match.

Last edited:
Let's use our big boy brains.
If it was isolated to 2-3 kids the match would have been wrestled.

I believe there is more to this and will do some

Let's use our big boy brains.
If it was isolated to 2-3 kids the match would have been wrestled.

I believe there is more to this and will do some digging.
Lake Forest on Monday. Forfeiting that one too?

They were fine Wednesday against Rising Sun as well. They also won some head to heads at canal classic. May be record protecting for seed purposes in my estimation

Reactions: proudscfan
Well, not sure if this makes a difference but DMA beat Cape today.
Good on Cape though. 2 hour trip north to wrestle William Penn at 12 then hopped over to wrestle DMA at 2. Matched started at 175 and Cape had an early lead 21-10 after 113, but DMA middle weights were able to win all matches from 120-165 except 144. Losing two state champions and a two time finalist definitely hurts Cape for this year. That said Donahue is really good and the 106, Guerri (sp?) and Walker both have excellent chances to finish top 3.

They were fine Wednesday against Rising Sun as well. They also won some head to heads at canal classic. May be record protecting for seed purposes in my estimation
The results from Wednesdays match looks like a few starters were out. I guess it spread across the rest of the team. Glad they didn't get SC sick before their upcoming schedule- Smyrna, Laurel, Sallies and CR.. Those matches are way more important than a non conference non divisional dual meet.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT