ADVERTISEMENT

WP vs. Mount Pleasant - Thoughts on Match Up

HSportsFan11

Water boy
Sep 6, 2015
I think Mount should be happy with how they started. WP is really going to be a test. Fast Physical and Big with 3 or 4 great skill guys at Running Back and WR. There QB could be the best so far in this short season, The pound and ground game along with the passing game I feel will be to much for Mount. But I will be there to see it best of Luck to Both Teams.

I certainly didn't expect this to be a game of unbeaten's.. I think Penn has too much for them but the big receiver for MP is a problem for any team..

I think Mount should be happy with how they started. WP is really going to be a test. Fast Physical and Big with 3 or 4 great skill guys at Running Back and WR. There QB could be the best so far in this short season, The pound and ground game along with the passing game I feel will be to much for Mount. But I will be there to see it best of Luck to Both Teams.
WP's O & D Lines have been the difference , no team has matched them yet! QB Johnson is having a very solid year so far, there skill players RB's and WR's are +/-average IMO/ "not great". Its won in the trenches. Win goes to Penn!

Yeah I'm also thinking mount is in for a rude awakening. Penn is not only going to welcome them to flight A but they will welcome them to the bigger schools in what is known as Division 1. We were surprised to see mount beat Newark, but thing is....how good is Newark, medicore at best? I really don't think the knights would have escaped concord if Roberts didn't go down. Granted, they hung with them the entire game but I think concord would have pulled away late in the 4th if Avery wasn't sidelined. He's a matchup problem for any team.

William Oenn is way too balanced for them to single on one aspect of the game or one player. Mount has the home field advantage but I still say penn wins going away, bigger spread that what they ended A.I. DuPont game with.

However, good luck to Mount. Love seeing new teams like Smyrna, and mount trying to hang in the thick of things as far as playoffs. Division 1 for as long as I can remember was always the same 6 teams for the most part.

I think the coach from Mount is going to be eating his words from the paper. Sorry to say but Mount is the underdog and WP will be welcoming them to Flight A . Come 4th quarter WP's O line and D Line will wear them down just a matter of time .

William Penn defense is the X factor . Great team speed and very hard to move the ball on. Penn wins handily.

Looking forward to seeing WP corners match up against Mount receivers. Burton and Amichi can fly but Mount receivers are big and physical. In the end, I don't think Mount O-line can give qb time to throw. Plus looking like weather will be a factor. WP by 30+.

Mount caught a break with Avery Roberts getting hurt early last week. Not happening on Saturday. Still, no shame in losing to the defending Flight A and state champs.

I heard that the score was 13-0 Concord 1st Quarter when Avery Roberts went out of the game. That's great for Concord that they have one of the best players in the nation on their team, but it's also bad that they need to depend on him that much to help keep their heads above water. Hope he makes it back before the WP, Sallies, and/or Middletown game. They need him to win at least one of those games to make the playoffs.

Last edited:
OK, I enjoy an adult beverage now and then, but are you guys serious? These teams aren't in the same class. I think that what Mount has done has been great, I am rooting for them. But seriously, I believe Penn wins easily.

OK, I enjoy an adult beverage now and then, but are you guys serious? These teams aren't in the same class. I think that what Mount has done has been great, I am rooting for them. But seriously, I believe Penn wins easily.

Umm who exactly is saying anything differently in this thread?

Because both are 3-0 ... MP did beat Concord and Newark.. so its a reasonable thread IMO.. obviously WP is a better team but still its a match-up of two 3-0 teams and it isnt like MP beat three nobodies... truthfully if you have seen them MP's WR's are studs and present a problem... not enough to win this game in my opinion but they are good

Last edited:
I think what I didn't like was how the story will end. Hey everyone look, MP is 3-0 and now they are going to face a real team. The way I would have liked to seen it is "MP has stepped up to D-1 and is now 3-1 after a tough loss to WP.

I think what I didn't like was how the story will end. Hey everyone look, MP is 3-0 and now they are going to face a real team. The way I would have liked to seen it is "MP has stepped up to D-1 and is now 3-1 after a tough loss to WP.
why?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT