ADVERTISEMENT

WP

Dback2500

Getting reps on JV
Oct 5, 2008
so with Marvin gone, who takes over the helm there at Penn? My vote is finally Rahsaan Matthews getting another HC position. Who else could take over?

Reactions: Chesdel
so with Marvin gone, who takes over the helm there at Penn? My vote is finally Rahsaan Matthews getting another HC position. Who else could take over?
Their DC has been the DC since before Dooley got there - think he probably stays on and takes over.

No the DC was a freshman Coach that Dooley promoted after one year there. I spoke with Coach Dooley. He spoke highly of the DC said he was ready and should be offered the job.

Shocking that Dooley said that to you... but the DC was calling the defense under billy Cole jr- did you ask Dooley how much of his dozen man staff is following him...

When Dooley got there Paul Robinson was the DC. He was his 1st DC. He was calling the Def for Coach Cole when Dooley arrived. He made the change after the 1st season. Coach Robinson is now the Head Coach at Red Lion. I will ask him about the staff. I would assume a few would go with him.

Only 2 will follow according to what players were told and two will stay on from old StE staff too. Don't need a thousand coaches for only 35 players.

Agreed. I hope both programs do well. I know it was tough on Dooley to leave. He loves the Colonials. But for his long term Goals he said he had to take the job.

Agreed. I hope both programs do well. I know it was tough on Dooley to leave. He loves the Colonials. But for his long term Goals he said he had to take the job.

I don't get the last sentence. He's going from a large Flt A school with better pay and benefits to a small, parochial school???

I don't get the last sentence. He's going from a large Flt A school with better pay and benefits to a small, parochial school???
Correct me if I'm wrong but he did not work at WP so pay was only for Coaching, no benefits. It seems he will now be full time at St. E's.

I always thought public school coaches pay was regulated by the DOA/DIAA and limited to where no public school can pay more than allowed and the pay was the same for all the schools.. Private schools can pay the coaches whatever they want

I always thought public school coaches pay was regulated by the DOA/DIAA and limited to where no public school can pay more than allowed and the pay was the same for all the schools.. Private schools can pay the coaches whatever they want
DIAA has no control over pay. I coached downstate for $2500 and moved north and was paid $4000 for the same sport. Some schools actually give bonuses if you win a State Championship. Not mine though.

In MD its standard but its by county so some counties may have a higher stipend based on median income or something like that. The private school coaches all make way more than the publics

All of these salaries vary slightly. Interesting how some school districts set it up. Depending on bargaining agreement coaches may get paid for playoff games only because the season has extended past the negotiated agreement.

PG. 42 HC salaries at Colonial SD
http://138.197.11.0/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/teachercontract2014final.pdf

PG. 75 HC salaries for Brandywine SD
https://www.brandywineschools.org/cms/lib/DE01000691/Centricity/Domain/23/BEA -Contract 7-1-2017 to 6-30-2020.pdf

PG. 65 HC salaries for Smyrna SD
http://www.smyrna.k12.de.us/ourpages/auto/2013/7/16/50413072/Employee_Contract_2015_18.pdf

PG. 50 HC salaries for Appoquinimink SD
http://appoea.dsea.org/sites/default/files/AEA 12-16 contract.pdf

PG. 44-45 HC Salaries for Cape Henelopen SD
https://www.capehenlopenschools.com...eName=CHEA_CHSD_CONTRACT_2015_2019_091416.pdf

Cheers,

Busch

Last edited:
Reactions: ravensrooster2
Wow surprised Smyrna is so low.... half if not more than rest 2k for a Football HC is way low. wonder how long they can keep Judy at those numbers

yrs 0-1 $2037 2&3 $2200 3&4 $2381 5&6 $2579 +100 each year after

compared to Cape 1-2 $3972 2-3 $4965 5 $5959 +100 each year

Brandywine surprises me 0 $5529 1 $5804 2 $6092 3+ $6400

Wow surprised Smyrna is so low.... half if not more than rest 2k for a Football HC is way low. wonder how long they can keep Judy at those numbers

yrs 0-1 $2037 2&3 $2200 3&4 $2381 5&6 $2579 +100 each year after

compared to Cape 1-2 $3972 2-3 $4965 5 $5959 +100 each year

Brandywine surprises me 0 $5529 1 $5804 2 $6092 3+ $6400

Raven, you are looking at Smyrna Middle when you got those numbers. SHS Head Coach starts at $3591.
Brandywine and NCCVT are where you get paid the most.

Reactions: ravensrooster2
Yeah and the days of boosters coming up with extra coaching funds has to be done extremely low key (at least for the public schools)

Did not see anything about bonuses for winning state championships....the Small Wonder is not Texas.

Cheers,

Busch

Yeah and the days of boosters coming up with extra coaching funds has to be done extremely low key (at least for the public schools)

Did not see anything about bonuses for winning state championships....the Small Wonder is not Texas.

Cheers,

Busch
Not publics.

Raven, you are looking at Smyrna Middle when you got those numbers. SHS Head Coach starts at $3591.
Brandywine and NCCVT are where you get paid the most.[/QUOTE
Yeah you’re right. My bad read wrong chart. Makes more sense now

Are DE public’s/private’s coaches allowed to run camps to augment the money like in other states

Don’t know about DE but privates in MD can make anywhere between 15 to 75 k and in some cases plus 100k depending on the schools and it’s endowment and if they have dual roles as teachers and or admin. The public’s make the same range as in DE 4 to 5 k and in MD most the public coaches are teachers in the school. Schools can hire an “emergency coach” if no one in house wants the job but as soon as one does they are out

I thought Dooley WAS a teacher at WP. Now a move makes sense but to STE, I don't get. Maybe they have plans to gun the athletic program al la Red Lion.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT