ADVERTISEMENT

WVU goes back to familiar place for latest addition Esdale

WVU recruits Maryland pretty hard as well at least they used to UMD has been getting a bigger cut of the MD/DC boys nowadays

Last edited:
It seems like there have been quite a few kids from this area attend WVU. By quite a few I am talking 4-5. I have no idea of the number or if I am remotely correct.

I'm a WVU alum and WVU recruits Delaware pretty well. I moved here in 1990 and it seems like we've almost always had a Delaware kid on the roster.

WVU also draws quite a few non-athlete students every year from Delaware. Even for out-of-state students, it is quite affordable and only a 4-5 drive away. Additionally, if WVU offers a major that is not offered by a Delaware college or university, Delaware residents can qualify for in state tuition (which is really cheap comparatively speaking) if you go through the Academic Common Market Southern Regional Consortium … just an fyi. Link https://www.sreb.org/academic-common-market

Reactions: jwb703
Great info Foghorn.. Good to see you again. Figuratively speaking/typing.. of course

I check in periodically, but since my older son graduated, I don't follow high school football as closely as I used to. I have a young beast on his way up thought (playing at MOT). He will be hitting the high school fields in 4 years.

Keeps us posted... any thoughts on what HS yet or at least does lilFoghorn have the list whittled down to final 3 yet? :p

Keeps us posted... any thoughts on what HS yet or at least does lilFoghorn have the list whittled down to final 3 yet? :p

LOL no, but my wife and I have discussed it. He goes to Newark Charter (where I would like him to stay for academic reasons), but they'll never have a football team by the time he's in high school and I can't see taking football away from him.

Hey FOG! I''ll meet you at the tailgate in 4 years.. just saying of course

10435702_10152604921210743_4151115740113175726_n.jpg

Reactions: The_Foghorn
I'm a WVU alum and WVU recruits Delaware pretty well. I moved here in 1990 and it seems like we've almost always had a Delaware kid on the roster.

WVU also draws quite a few non-athlete students every year from Delaware. Even for out-of-state students, it is quite affordable and only a 4-5 drive away. Additionally, if WVU offers a major that is not offered by a Delaware college or university, Delaware residents can qualify for in state tuition (which is really cheap comparatively speaking) if you go through the Academic Common Market Southern Regional Consortium … just an fyi. Link https://www.sreb.org/academic-common-market

Yeah, in terms of non-athlete students, the pipeline of Delaware special education students to WVU has been very strong historically. I know at least 11 Eddies who were special who went there. It was either WVU, Wesley or being pharmaceutical drug test subjects.

I’d take the red pill bro

Scootch out

Thanks for the info. The in-state tuition is an awesome benefit. And it is actually closer than I thought. PA seems like it takes days to drive across.
A great opportunity to play against top notch talent.

Reactions: The_Foghorn
Thanks for the info. The in-state tuition is an awesome benefit. And it is actually closer than I thought. PA seems like it takes days to drive across.
A great opportunity to play against top notch talent.

Just an FYI for those interested in the affordability of WVU

Tuition Rates Cost Per Year
In-state tuition & fees $8,856
Out-of-state tuition & fees $24,960
Room & board expenses $10,284

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT