ADVERTISEMENT

1st Rd - Wilm Christian @ St Georges

oldskool42

In the weight room getting big
Apr 30, 2012
Wilmington Christian (10-8) @ St Georges (13-5).
WC had a decent season to start going 7-7 with some wins over decent teams like Depps, Friends and Tatnall but WC came on strong in the end winning 3 of its last 4 including a big win over Arch. WC is 1-6 against playoff teams this year. They are scoring 5 and allowing 4 runs per game on average. They are led on the mound by Hardcastle(4-4), Berg and Rettig. This is WC's first playoff game. St G has played in 5 past playoff games with little success going 1-4. They have lost in the first round the past 2 years. St G had. Really good season winning its conference but did finish 2-3 including a 13-0 drubbing by Conrad and a disappointing loss to Delcastle to end the season. St G is led on the mound by Tyler Campbell (7-1). They are only allowing 3 runs per game. Their bats are active scoring over 7 runs per game. I think St G is the better, deeper team and should win this one.

Congrats to WCS. Great win for the program. I'm just shaking my head thinking about St Georges. Lose to Delcastle in the last game and have to play this play-in game. I feel like they are a good team that can't win when it counts. In 2013 i believe they lost the last three games to knock themselves out of the playoffs. In 2014 and 2015 they lose in the first round when i'm pretty sure they were winning at one point in the game both years.

I'm not taking anything away from WCS. I think St G was the better team all around, but i give big kudos to WCS for stepping up in the big game when it counts. Rettig and WCS rose to the occasion.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT