DETitans

Varsity
Jul 2, 2007
St Marks vs. Delmar
Cant see the Wildcats keeping up with the Spartans,
Too much offense for the Spartans

St Marks wins 12-2

CR vs Mt Pleasant
Mt Pleasant will be missing a couple key players due to an unfortunate situation during the Appo game the other day. Rumor has it the SS and CF will have to sit.
That being the case, Mt Pleasant has had a great season but Dill, Clavier, Ivy and team will take care of business and move on to round 2

CR wins 9-3

Conrad vs. Hodgson
Hodgson picked a good time to play their best ball, they finished the season strong behind Walter and Sayers on the mound
Conrad also finished on a high note and will definitely give the Silver Eagles a game, Nowell and Awtry will keep it close

Silver Eagles win 5-1

Sussex Tech vs. AI
Sussex Tech has been very consistent all season with timely hitting and great pitching, a couple freshman and sophomores have chipped in to help out.
AI has been in a bit of tailspin since the Hodgson game losing 3 of their last 4. Also heard that Pijuan will not be available which is a huge arm and bat that you take out of their lineup. Brodie will have them ready to play as he is one of best in state at preparing for the tourney.

Sussex Tech pulls out a close one 6-4

Tower Hill vs. Archmere
Tower Hill strong season but cant seem them keeping up with Archmere
Wouldn't be surprised to see Voge throw game one strong arm and one of top pitchers this season

Archmere wins 8-1

Dover vs. Sallies
By far the best first round match up in my opinion
Dover won 4 of last 5 and have been clicking all season long, Sallies not too sure about the status of Hinton but he is a big arm to be missing and big bat in the lineup

Dover wins 6-3

Sussex Central vs. Caravel
Sussex lost last 3 albeit to St Marks Caravel and Poly
Caravel is rolling especially after big win vs. nationally ranked Riverdale Baptist

Caravel wins 4-0

St Georges vs. Smyrna
St Georges great season, with Gilbert brothers in the lineup they are very strong, Hamrick and Campbell both sound players also
Smyrna a very quiet well coached team with no superstars but a bunch of kids that play together. Game will be won late

Smyrna pulls out a close one 3-2

St marks - 7 Delmar- 2 St marks too strong for Delmar, especially with phillips on the hill

CR -11 MT Pleasant- 1 MTP Missing two top players is huge, it's gonna hurt em

Hodgson- 6 Conrad- 0 Walters has been lights out on mound, I say it continues

AI- 5 Sussex Tech- 2 AI finished season 1-3, I see them getting back on track in this one

Archmere-12 Tower hill -1 I see a lot of home runs from archmere at home

Dover- 6 Sallies- 5 Not sure on hintons arm, if he's out then I'm taking dover , who's deep in pitching

Caravel - 5 Central - 2 Bilous threw a 2 hitter against them not long ago, this one will be closer but still caravel wins

STG - 4 Smyrna - 3 Upset alert, stg finished the regular season strong 5-0, I think it'll carry on Into the first round.

This post was edited on 5/22 4:39 PM by KennyPowerss

Originally posted by KennyPowerss:
St marks - 7 Delmar- 2 St marks too strong for Delmar, especially with phillips on the hill
I don't think St Marks will pitch Phillips against Delmar. Spagnola will get the start.

@DeTitans. Where do you see Riverdale Baptist as nationally ranked? Max Preps has them 21 in Maryland and 1534 nationally.

This post was edited on 5/23 7:05 AM by oldtimer22

@oldtimer just assumed you'd go with your ace first round, can't count out or over look anyone this year .

Don't think St Marks will over look Delmar but have to set your pitching up. I would expect CR to win and play St Marks second round. Spagnola is 7-0 with wins against Hodgson, Sallies, Sussex Tech, Appo, Indian River, Conrad and Cape.

DETitan, not bad job on the predictions but you have to help me understand what Bodie has ever won that makes you think he does a good job preparing for the states? He has gotten some of the best talent not going to private schools yet never get the job done. Offense wins games and Defense wins Championships. He sure can win when talent prevails but when the teams are on a level playing field and he has to actually start coaching, well that's seems to tell a different story year in and year out.

St. Marks
CR
Hodgson
AI
Archmere
Sallies
Caravel
St. George's

Haven't seen one single game this year but since I was lucky enough to run the table last year, I should at least give it a shot.

I'd never save a pitcher until the "next game" in a single-elimination tournament. There might not be a next game. Sh** happens.

8yaz and Kenny....I totally get what your saying and agree with you. But if your st marks and archmere playing "weaker" seeds, you have to consider setting yourself up to have your ace go next game and championship. Both have good #2 pitchers who better be able to beat #15 and #16 seeds.

Originally posted by oldskool42:
8yaz and Kenny....I totally get what your saying and agree with you. But if your st marks and archmere playing "weaker" seeds, you have to consider setting yourself up to have your ace go next game and championship. Both have good #2 pitchers who better be able to beat #15 and #16 seeds.
No matter what you do your #2 pitcher has to win 2 games in order to win the championship.

However if for some crazy reason STM would get beat without the ace on the mound then everyone would be questioning the decision. It's one and done

Originally posted by KennyPowerss:
However if for some crazy reason STM would get beat without the ace on the mound then everyone would be questioning the decision. It's one and done
So what would you do with the same circumstances? Your #2 went 6-0 on the season beating 3 of the 4 potential teams you could see in the semis' (if you get there). Your #1 beat the team everyone thinks you will see in the quarters CR. Your #1 would be pitching in the championship game for the third straight year too. Again if you get there.

I could be totally wrong and Phillips pitches too.
This post was edited on 5/24 12:16 PM by oldtimer22

Originally posted by oldtimer22:
St Marks (Spagnolo Pitches)
CR
Hodgson
AI
Archmere
Dover
Caravel
Smyrna
8-0 for the old guy!

Spagnolo pitched for St Marks. AI did not use their #1 either. Can someone explain why Sallies left their pitcher in for the whole game? They were down 8-3 after 5 and 12-3 after 6.
This post was edited on 5/25 7:40 AM by oldtimer22

Oldtimer, Sallies used at least 3 pitchers. Not sure why that didn't make it into box score.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT