ADVERTISEMENT

2014 tournament. 2nd round

oldskool42

In the weight room getting big
Apr 30, 2012
A.I. DuPont (14-5) @ Hodgson (14-5)

This is a rematch of the first round playoffs in 2012 were ai beat Hodgson. More recently, These two teams met a couple of weeks ago where Hodgson won 7-2. Walter had a complete game win over Delaney but Hod got 5 runs in 7th to pull away from a close game. Now after both teams won close games in the first round where ai won walk off style and Hodgson scored in the final frame to win it. As of this writing not sure of Pijuan's status, otherwise ai must go with its number three guy (Delaney??). Sayers should go to their #2 guy, Sayers, who is 5-3 on the season. Sayers pitched well, in losing efforts, against st marks and archmere where he got no run support.

Dover (15-4) @ archmere (17-2).

Dover won big over Sallies in the first round as did Archmere over TowerHill. Dover still has Spadafino to go in this game while Archmere will go to its #2 pitcher, Voge who is 5-2. Voge's only losses were to St Marks and CR. These two teams did not play this year but their common opponents were CR (both lost by 1), Polytech (Dover crushed and arch won a close one, Wilm Christian (both spanked), St Marks(both lost but Dover in a close one) and Charter (who Hodgson beat and Dover lost to).

Smyrna (15-4) @ Caravel (15-2).

Both teams won big to advance to this round. Smyrna is looking to advance to its first semi final since 1973. Caravel has played in 9 semi finals. Smyrna and Caravel did not play each other this season but had a few common opponents. Both beat cape and sallies, while both lost 3 run games to St Marks. Where they differed is that Caravel beat Central twice and Smyrna lost a close one to Central. Smyrna used Richardson last game so it should be Everage (4-2) going this game or is Dulin available. Caravel pitched bilious last game and should have Hart(5-1) out there this game.

CR (14-5) @ St Marks (17-2)

Both teams won big in the first round to get here. These two teams played early in the season in a back and forth game in which Phillips beat Clavier 5-4. Spagnolo pitched in first round so Phillips should be going this round for St Marks. CR had Dill go in first round so it's Clavier (3-1) or Rivera (4-0) this game. St Marks scores slightly more runs per game than CR but both surrender the same amount.

Hart did start and pitched 3 innings and was pulled after being sick. Only reason he was pulled.

2 games at Frawley Tuesday night. Way to go DIAA.

AI vs Hodgson at 4
Smyrna vs Caravel at 7

Second Round Winners

St Marks
Dover
Caravel
AI (tough one if Pijuan does not pitch)

2nd Round Predictions

St. Marks - Going to be closer then what people are thinking.

Hodgson - By at least 5

Dover - Too much for the AUKS

Caravel - Another shortened game

Dover
Caravel
St. Mark's - Going to be a close game but I think St. Mark's will pull it off.
AI is a tough one with Pijuan out. This one will be close but I think they will pull it off.

Thanks. I think I'll go watch my second favorite team (whoever is playing St Marks or Sallies).
roll.r191677.gif

Pitching predictions... Who do you think are possible starters for today's games? Also, what happened to Pijuan?
This post was edited on 5/27 2:31 PM by baseball_player_

A.I. DuPont (14-5) PIJUAN
Hodgson (14-5) SAYERS

Dover (15-4)
Archmere (17-2) VOGE

Smyrna (15-4) EVERYTHING POINTS TO EVERAGE
Caravel (15-2) TOUGH CALL - ALL ARMS CAN GO

CR (14-5) RIVERA
St Marks (17-2) PHILLIPS

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT