7. Middletown
6. Friends
5. Red Lion
4. Smyrna
3. St. George’s
2. Delcastle
1. Dover

Reactions: BackinBlack86

Smyrna vs Mervo might be one to watch! Looks like they have some pretty good athletes to match up well with Smryna.

SmyrnaOnTop is almost as efficient as BiB at stirring the pot, probably sitting at home giggling, ijsoc

Sallies has a much better Defense than Appo. Middletown only had 1 offensive touchdown in that game
Idk if we’ve been watching the same sallies defense… St. George’s went down and ran the ball down sallies throat that game, cape played smash mouth football with them as well. i also don’t believe that sallies can cover them receivers middletown has.
Sallies will not I REPEAT will not shut middletown out.
i do not believe sallies defense is better then Appo. Go back and watch appo game vs middletown, I don’t think Appo blitzed enough.

I think you post just to read yourself post and say that you do. That was a bad take saying they going to shut them out lol

Idk if we’ve been watching the same sallies defense… St. George’s went down and ran the ball down sallies throat that game, cape played smash mouth football with them as well. i also don’t believe that sallies can cover them receivers middletown has.
Sallies will not I REPEAT will not shut middletown out.
i do not believe sallies defense is better then Appo. Go back and watch appo game vs middletown, I don’t think Appo blitzed enough.

I think you post just to read yourself post and say that you do. That was a bad take saying they going to shut them out lol
This is where matchups come into play. Sallies Front 7 will destroy Middletown’s hobbled Oline. The only question now is if Middletown can beat them outside and with the air attack. That’s why I said they matchup well.

Reactions: 84rider
SmyrnaOnTop is almost as efficient as BiB at stirring the pot, probably sitting at home giggling, ijsoc

hey now.. on cue I would be remiss if I didn't say anything but regarding the Mt Zion "Prep" v Friends game. I wasn't going put this game on the board because well frankly I am surprised Friends is playing them but when I messed up the original 10 I threw it in.

My original thought would be people would not know what they are and figure they were one of those small patsy cake teams like Sidwell Friends or George School etc that the SPL teams like to schedule in the past. I am not saying as of yet who will win but seeing some of the picks I would have to caution folks to do a little research as it could be a rude homecoming for Friends.. just saying of course.

*this has been a BiB public service announcement..take it with a grain of salt

Last edited:
Reactions: 84rider
10 Newark
9 Appo
8 Lake
7 Delmar
6 Middletown
5 St Georges
4 Dover
3 Smyrna
2 McDupont
1 Friends

Last edited:
hey now.. on cue I would be remised if I didn't say anything but regarding the Mt Zion "Prep" v Friends game. I wasn't going put this game on the board because well frankly I am surprised Friends is playing them but when I messed up the original 10 I threw it in.

My original thought would be people would not know what they are and figure they were one of those small patsy cake teams like Sidwell Friends or George School etc that the SPL teams like to schedule in the past. I am not saying as of yet who will win but seeing some of the picks I would have to caution folks to do a little research as it could be a rude homecoming for Friends.. just saying of course.

*this has been a BiB public service announcement..take it with a grain of salt
PG County is good football. Shawne "Lights Out" Merriman, Joe Haden, Brian Westbrook, Cameron Wake, Rodney McCloud, Ronald Darby, Tavon Young, Darren Waller, Chase Young, NaVarro Bowman, Chad Scott - all from PG.

PG County is good football. Shawne "Lights Out" Merriman, Joe Haden, Brian Westbrook, Cameron Wake, Rodney McCloud, Ronald Darby, Tavon Young, Darren Waller, Chase Young, NaVarro Bowman, Chad Scott - all from PG.

Mt Zion Prep coach has access to the PG County and Montgomery County kids he has been recruiting the area for awhile and has some big names he can claim he put in college.

Some history on the "academy". Mt Zion Prep has been around as a Basketball Academy from around 2011 with some success nationally and they recruit locally and national. They have kids on the basketball roster from all over. They just recently tried to start a national football program. Originally in 2019 but Covid delayed that.

This year they brought in (or he brought himself to them) a let's say embattled and controversial coach (Tyree Spinner) from the Montgomery County area. Former HC that was fired suddenly from Wootton High for unspecified reasons after he turned that program around (many recruiting violations claimed) then he got the HC and AD job at The Avalon School. There his recruiting went into overdrive and he build a pretty good team there with some well known players. Treyvon Diggs transferring in raised the most eyebrows. Any who Avalon decided to go in a different direction (dropped football) and here he is trying to start a National program with Mt Zion Prep but this is really their first full year but I believe they played some games last year.

They aren't sanctioned by anyone regardless what hey claim on twitter. They also claim it's just high school kids and no post grads on the football team but they have players that have reclassed. They were advertising (twittter and what not) for kids who had missed a year of playing or in effect 5th year reclassers looking to get better offers . You know the drill but I have no idea what they actually have on their roster neither does anyone else for that matter. Doing the same thing as Life Christian, Rock Creek Christian and other of that ilk. Football programs that attach themselves to a small Christian school somewhere but take their classes mostly online.

I have to think Mt Zion Prep has some ballers there but maybe don't play real well together yet who knows but their schedule is pretty stout so I wouldn't read too much into the 1-4 record. This is what they are about.

https://mtzionpreparatoryacademy-footb.godaddysites.com/

By the way the picture of Miles Hall on their websites is not their school building. Its an old Seminary college that offices are rented out for various organizations. There really is no actual school or campus. Mainly they use the gymnasium (Wagner Hall) and have a few of the old dorms on the site allotted to them to house the players. There is a library with a computer center on site as well that they use to take their classes whatever they are. That was all for basketball I have no idea where the football players go.

Last edited:
Reactions: nomorenonstop
This is where matchups come into play. Sallies Front 7 will destroy Middletown’s hobbled Oline. The only question now is if Middletown can beat them outside and with the air attack. That’s why I said they matchup well.
If middletown could throw on Massillon I don’t think they are worried about sallies. Yes Troyer was sacked a handful of times but still threw for 300 and 3 TDs. They will be fine vs Sallies.

Sals getting pressure could be an issue, but if they can’t get it consistently, with the speed and athletes Middletown has is an issue for the Sals as well.

Reactions: Bucsnot
10 Middletown
9 St Georges
8 Appo
7 Newark
6 Mt Zion Prep
5 Lake
4 Dover
3 Delmar
2 MERVO
1 McDupont

Am i missing something with WP vs appo. A lot of people are high listed Appo. Maybe i need to take you guys approach lol

10. Newark
9. Middletown
8. Lake
7. McKean
6. Appo
5. Delmar
4. St George’s
3. Dover
2. Mervo (whoever the hell that is)
1. Friends

Request. Can we not have out of state matchups? I don’t know half the teams in state let alone any team in MD! Also. It’s not that deep so all good either way!

TNL

6pm Delcastle @ McDupont

FNL

7pm MERVO (MD) @ Smyrna
7pm Central @ Dover
7pm Sallies @ Middletown

Saturday

10:30 St Georges @ HVT
11am Conrad @ Newark
11:30 RLCA @ Lake
1:30 Tech @ Delmar