ADVERTISEMENT

AI-Christiana?!?!

Lack of education about who and what you are voting for can certainly hold you down and back. Wilmington has always been a Dem strong hold in De, how's that working out, dare to be different. we all know the definition of insanity, try something new....it can't get any worse but just maybe it can get better...vote for jobs and independence. Leadership is the capacity to translate vision into reality.

Reactions: soccer07
MaxPreps and the Dupont Hudl page both list the game as a 12 to 0 win for Dupont. No idea if that is official or not.

Actions should have consequences, no doubt about it. But before people go stereotyping an entire city of kids, I'd just like for once for people to stop going for the low-hanging fruit and use their brains a bit more.
Some people's brains are in their low hanging fruit!

I graduated from Howard in '99 Ches.

And as far as the othering, I'm just illustrating how silly it is for an entire city of kids to be called thugs and how annoying it is to read certain posters looking down their noses at the problems in the city without clue or suggestion the first to fix it.

I was born and raised in Wilmington and have spent most of my life here except for a stretch living in working in St. Mary's County Maryland. I KNOW this city has problems - never denied it. What grinds my gears is people's refusal to look at the systemic issues the residents face. There seems to be millions of dollars in Riverfront funding, but nothing for neighborhoods that are crumbling. It's easy to blame people for their circumstances and surroundings, but are you looking at how these circumstances and surroundings came to be?

The comments whenever something like this happens tells me "no."
How does calling thugs would f'd up the football game become calling an "entire city of kids" anything? How about reading what is written, and not erroneously reading between the lines. You have gone down this PC rabbit hole of your own making. If this were a conversation about positive initiatives in the community, someone would comment about that. If the comments are about a-holes who brought their issues to the football field, then it is about that. Try not to conflate separate issues. Included the definition of conflate because I am addressing a diverse audience. Uh oh, I used the word "diverse". Darn, I hope I don't have to define that too.
con·flate
kənˈflāt/

verb
  1. combine (two or more texts, ideas, etc.) into one.
    "the urban crisis conflates a number of different economic and social issues"
    synonyms: mix, blend, fuse, unite, integrate
    "the plot gets weighed down when the writers conflate too many issues into one episode"

Vote Republican, stop letting the Dems in power and maybe the revitalization of Wilmington will begin.
Hear ye, hear ye! The first priority on the agenda of the magnanimous Republican party newly installed in place of the previously ineffective mire of the Democratic rule will be....wait for it, wait for it....REVITALIZATION OF WILMINGTON!! And the crowd goes wild...I can't tell if there are bells ringing to usher in a new and glorious day, or just my cell phone alarm suggesting that I wake up and get real.

Reactions: soccer07 and EJS313
How does calling thugs would f'd up the football game become calling an "entire city of kids" anything? How about reading what is written, and not erroneously reading between the lines. You have gone down this PC rabbit hole of your own making. If this were a conversation about positive initiatives in the community, someone would comment about that. If the comments are about a-holes who brought their issues to the football field, then it is about that. Try not to conflate separate issues. Included the definition of conflate because I am addressing a diverse audience. Uh oh, I used the word "diverse". Darn, I hope I don't have to define that too.
con·flate
kənˈflāt/

verb
  1. combine (two or more texts, ideas, etc.) into one.
    "the urban crisis conflates a number of different economic and social issues"
    synonyms: mix, blend, fuse, unite, integrate
    "the plot gets weighed down when the writers conflate too many issues into one episode"

Don't have to define anything to me. Again, I said what I said - the tone and usage of the word "thug(s)" and the mentioning of certain neighborhoods was stupid.

No matter what I called those human beings (probably not even youth but you insist I was referring to youth), you would have a reason to refer to me as being stereotypical. Next time I refer to someone that thinks it’s ok to attempt to kill someone else I’ll call them a scholar. All I was trying to do is share some background information for those wondering if they would finish the game. I had no agenda but to share info but you have an agenda to make everyone posting look bad so you can feel smart I’m guessing? Wish I knew what you were doing for the inner city community that I work with every day.

I'm going to say this and be done with it because I have better things to do with my time believe it or not.

You used the word thugs to describe the kids in the fight, the same ones you're "working with." I thought it was stupid and it doesn't solve anything. I don't believe in tough love or being rude to kids who have it rough enough as is. But you've already referenced your genitals in previous conversation, so there's that.

I'm going to say this and be done with it because I have better things to do with my time believe it or not.

You used the word thugs to describe the kids in the fight, the same ones you're "working with." I thought it was stupid and it doesn't solve anything. I don't believe in tough love or being rude to kids who have it rough enough as is. But you've already referenced your genitals in previous conversation, so there's that.

This is what you may not get. I wasn’t talking about the fighting players. I was talking about why they moved times for 2 football games before the fight. The people that pose the threat to the football games may not even be students at a school or part of some community entity. Some or most are adults. I never said there was tension between schools, players, or students. Just neighborhoods and it was so severe it interfered with high school football games. If I happen to work with some of those individuals in my profession, I wouldn’t know and they get the same service and respect that everyone else gets. No tough love.

Last edited:
Anywho, can the game end in a draw even though AI was up and they cannot determine who was to blame for the fight/cancellation?

Any news of what is going on with this game? it has huge playoff seeding Implications

cant be made up now.. must be ruled a no contest.. AI will divide by 9 and also 9 win bonus for their opponents in jeopardy unless AI wins out

Last edited:
well maybe not.. They can reschedule per rule the game per week limitation can be waived under these conditions.. not sure if game called because of brawl fits though.. was game postponed or called?

4.3.3.1 The preceding game limitations, with the exception of the individual daily limitation, shall not prohibit the rescheduling of postponed games at the discretion and convenience of the member schools involved provided the game was postponed due to inclement weather, unplayable field conditions, failure of the assigned officials to appear for the game, breakdown of the bus or van carrying the visiting team, or any other circumstances beyond the control of site management which preclude playing the game

People are saying AI’s bench cleared. Just off that if true game should be either call no contest or forfeit AI and if players for AI indeed left the bench per rule those players are suspended and AI has to forfeit game against Glasgow tomorrow.

That would be the best case scenario for AI. If it gets better than that the fix is in. Haven’t heard how involved Christiana players were; it’s almost like they weren’t even there. If enough players were involved they should face same punishment at a minimum.

well maybe not.. They can reschedule per rule the game per week limitation can be waived under these conditions.. not sure if game called because of brawl fits though.. was game postponed or called?

4.3.3.1 The preceding game limitations, with the exception of the individual daily limitation, shall not prohibit the rescheduling of postponed games at the discretion and convenience of the member schools involved provided the game was postponed due to inclement weather, unplayable field conditions, failure of the assigned officials to appear for the game, breakdown of the bus or van carrying the visiting team, or any other circumstances beyond the control of site management which preclude playing the game

Game was suspended.

If you read the agenda for today's subcommittee meeting of DIAA related to this incident ,it is related to the 'review of team conduct" of both teams. The meeting is being held without the required number of days of public posting because they are reviewing appeals of players eligibility for this weekend's game.

So if I would imagine the game will not be completed and that the focus is on who can or cannot play this weekend. Christiana does not have a large roster to begin with so losing players may impact their ability to field a team Saturday.

I would think all should be known by dinner time

First_State where did you find that I only found board meeting agenda. That didn’t have anything about AI/Christiana.

But again based upon talks regarding players leaving bench during fight which is said to be mostly all of AI because it was on Christiana’s sideline...

DIAA Bench Rule
“Any player who leaves the team bench area and enters the playing field, court, or mat during a fight or other physical confrontation and is identified by the game officials shall be ejected from the contest. Any player who commits such an offense and is ejected by the game officials shall also be ineligible for the next contest at that level of competition and all contests at any other level of competition in the interim. Additional penalties may be imposed if a player leaving the bench area becomes involved in the altercation.”

This is suppose to be a non appealable offense. The reason for the rule is help prevent players and multiple coaches getting involved in altercation and defusing incident quickly.

If that gets appealed like I said the fix is in

https://publicmeetings.delaware.gov/Meeting/60749

click on "agenda" lower right hand side.

I would imagine that there were some initial ejections based on fighting. DIAA can (and has) rescinded those ejections based on film review in the past.

DIAA will also review what players actually left the bench area based on the film versus all or most of the bench.

First_State where did you find that I only found board meeting agenda. That didn’t have anything about AI/Christiana.

But again based upon talks regarding players leaving bench during fight which is said to be mostly all of AI because it was on Christiana’s sideline...

DIAA Bench Rule
“Any player who leaves the team bench area and enters the playing field, court, or mat during a fight or other physical confrontation and is identified by the game officials shall be ejected from the contest. Any player who commits such an offense and is ejected by the game officials shall also be ineligible for the next contest at that level of competition and all contests at any other level of competition in the interim. Additional penalties may be imposed if a player leaving the bench area becomes involved in the altercation.”

This is suppose to be a non appealable offense. The reason for the rule is help prevent players and multiple coaches getting involved in altercation and defusing incident quickly.

If that gets appealed like I said the fix is in

You all should go down there to Coverdale or 3rd and north or perhaps maybe east side Wilmington since we know who really runs the thugs and gives them what they want. White color brains let the thugs think they run those spots. But in the end DMA rules all

We are one
The bottom line is that if you do immoral things such as premeditated fighting, bully others, take advantage of weaker less fortunate people, etc., you are going to be labeled as a person of low values. At the same time take on some slang names that some may view as stereotyping. If you are a bad person it is what it is no matter what race or nationality.

Last edited:
Why is A.I taking all this heat about the fights when in both cases it was the fans that ruined it overall for the players. The basketball incident and now football from what I understand stemmed from the fans and the crowds. But yet nobody said much about Howard and Hodgson which was just the players on the sidelines.

Why is A.I taking all this heat about the fights when in both cases it was the fans that ruined it overall for the players. The basketball incident and now football from what I understand stemmed from the fans and the crowds. But yet nobody said much about Howard and Hodgson which was just the players on the sidelines.

First AI is taking most of the heat publicly because the “school” was associated with a fight two weeks ago and the next week after district got all games be pushed up the “school” is involved in another incident. Secondly it was not the fans that ruined the game last Saturday the players themselves started fighting, players left their benches which escalated fight to brawl and some fans jumped the fence. Also yes there were apparently words from DMA fans in the basketball incident but the fight didn’t break out until a couple of AI players ran to the spectator section inciting the fight the occurred which is a big reason why the school and district yanked the team from playoffs.

So do say it wasn’t the players when the 2 biggest incident in last couple of years stemmed from AI sports and their players specifically not fans.

In regard to the Howard/Hodgson fight. Both teams and coaches handled the way a fight should be handled. The fight happened on Howard sideline and the coaches got in to break it up. Not one player from Hodgson sideline left the bench unlike where it is said that the entire AI benches emptied. Because of that the incident was under control quick and game continued.

AI lucked out losing on 4 players depending on what 4. They should be unharmed regarding playoffs as long as the beat Glasgow.

From: https://www.delawareonline.com/stor...na-football-game-still-unresolved/1609536002/

Multiple players suspended after fight at high school football game
The fate of the suspended football game between A.I. du Pont and Christiana remains unresolved.​

I don't have a subscription to read the article, but that's the headline.

Long and short of it is multiple players suspended for this weeks game.. Christiana declined to comment on how many AI coach said they have 4 out but did not mentioned who..

As of now the game is ruled a no contest but DIAA left it up to the Blue Hen Conference if they want it to resume. If it resumes the suspended players cant finish that game either.. Also was mentioned the difficulty in finding a time to finish..

Looks to me like the game will be a no contest and each team will just have a 9 game schedule unless the BHC decides it needs to be finished to determine a conference winner.. Personally I dont see the BHC letting the game resume

Seems to me depending on how many CHS has out a good resolution would for be the schools to make a deal and have the BHC say the game must finish and then CHS just FFT to AI as that would have been the outcome anyway.. AI gets their pts and a win also it doesn't effect other teams pts.. A no contest really wouldn't effect AI in pts they would just divide by nine anyway and they werent going to get any bonus pts from CHC but not sure how it effects who wins conference if all the teams in conference dont play each other

Last edited:
AI's largely unaffected because the only bonus points they would get would be if Howard gets to 7 wins, although Lake has an outside shot of getting there as well. Christiana wasn't going to compete anyway.

The teams AROUND AI (Howard, Tower, Friends, DMA)...they really should watch that closely.

No contest actually benefits AI (not counting bonus they may get it will have the same effect)

Lets assume they win out

40 div by 9 = 4.45
44 div by 10 = 4.40

If they lose to Howard

36 div by 9 = 4.00 (but teams they played wont get 9 win bonus from them)
40 div by 10= 4.00

Ah. That would be good enough for the 2 seed because I think Delmar's running the table. AI having two home games potentially pretty much guarantees them a spot in the title game.

Ah. That would be good enough for the 2 seed because I think Delmar's running the table. AI having two home games potentially pretty much guarantees them a spot in the title game.

Delmar is really needing some BP's for 1 seed if AI wins out..

I see delmar at 44 or 4.4 ( 42 on wins and 2 BP's)

possible BP's (but neither of these are a garantee
1 from St E if St E can beat Archmere or St Marks
1 from Woodbridge assuming WB doesnt lose again accept to DM

Lake or Milf will have to put in work to get to 7 but that would be huge for Delmar if one can

Through all the scenarios and with a lot of these 3 win teams playing each other best I can see is 2 BP's for DM

In my analysis if AI wins out they will get the 1 seed regardless of 9 or 10 games.. unless Delmar can somehow get 4 BP's

Howard going to get to 7 so that puts the mark for AI at either 4.56 (9) or 4.50 (10)

Even if Delmar gets 3 thats 45 or 4.5 (but it if 1 of those is from lake then AI gets 1 also)

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT