ADVERTISEMENT

AI-Christiana?!?!

No.
Google:brawl christiana AI football game band.

You will see this:
Director's Blog – Alexis I. duPont High School Band - AI duPont High ...

https://www.aibands.com/directors-blog/
  1. Cached
Good Evening AI Band,. Marching ... The football game on Saturday (10/06/18) is at Christiana High School. ... Nobody involved in the fight was an AIHS student.
-----------
Then when you go to the band director's blog he must have deleted out what he originally had there.

Hope nobody was hurt and this crap has to stop.

hearing multiple players ejected. they better be glad they don't play howard this week. they play Glasgow, who is really bad this year. ugly seen

So my guess is they'll finish the game Tuesday? That might work in Glasgow's favor because the game is Friday at 6 and they will have had a whole week while AI would be going three days between games unless they move it to Saturday afternoon or something.

They couldn't play nicely at 3 in the afternoon. How are they going to play at 8:30 at night? On a school night??

Christiana does not have lights so they would have to move it somewhere else.

Fake news maybe

No.
Google:brawl christiana AI football game band.

You will see this:
Director's Blog – Alexis I. duPont High School Band - AI duPont High ...

https://www.aibands.com/directors-blog/
  1. Cached
Good Evening AI Band,. Marching ... The football game on Saturday (10/06/18) is at Christiana High School. ... Nobody involved in the fight was an AIHS student.
-----------
Then when you go to the band director's blog he must have deleted out what he originally had there.

Hope nobody was hurt and this crap has to stop.

The reference to the fight was from the 9/28/18 posting, not from this game. Scroll down and you can see it.

Reactions: Uncle Bumfuzzled
There was a fight at the AI/ MTP game between fans. Things are heating up in Wilmington between the thugs from the Northern Part of the city and the West Side. If you noticed last week the Howard/Dickinson game was moved up and the McKean/Bwine game was moved up for precautionary reasons. And what state police were trying to avoid... the fight between AI and Christiana. I’m not sure what other changes are going to happen because of this foolishness but seasons could get cancelled (See AI’s basketball team from a few years ago)

I think its was last year AI had their basketball season cancelled due to some nonsense. Unfortunately the media thinks its ok for folks to act out like this and covers it like its a social movement or something.. Its only going to get worse unless someone nips it in the bud

There was a fight at the AI/ MTP game between fans. Things are heating up in Wilmington between the thugs from the Northern Part of the city and the West Side. If you noticed last week the Howard/Dickinson game was moved up and the McKean/Bwine game was moved up for precautionary reasons. And what state police were trying to avoid... the fight between AI and Christiana. I’m not sure what other changes are going to happen because of this foolishness but seasons could get cancelled (See AI’s basketball team from a few years ago)

Y'all love that word "thug(s)". Lol...

Reactions: 84rider
Y'all is used the same way thugs is used. Don't want to be stereotyped? Stop stereotyping a neighborhood or a city.

Y'all is used the same way thugs is used. Don't want to be stereotyped? Stop stereotyping a neighborhood or a city.
No stereotyping. If you are involved in gang activity then you deserve the “thug” label. It wasn’t like I was calling a whole high school, team or neighborhood a bunch of thugs. Don’t try and twist what I said.

Reactions: BackinBlack86
Don't have to twist it. You mentioned Northern Wilmington and the West Side. You tripped over your own words.

yeah ok Gate.. I guess the inner city gangs are just young kids making youthful mistakes Gangsters don't really exist they are just made up from the Y'alls. While us Y'alls were making up thugs from Baltimore and Detroit as well Not thugs just kids being kids and making mistakes its all good Gate you couldn't be more of an apologist could you? Sticking your head in the sand doesnt help anything. Calling things as they are does and unless folks take control of their own neighborhoods it wont change

In short THUGS messed up the game for everyone . now what do you do?

Sticking my head in the sand? Not hardly. It's just interesting to me that whenever these types of things of happen, unfortunate as they may be, the true feelings of posters come out about inner-city youth, who by and large are kids of color.

And being in your feelings about being the Y'all's cracks me up because most of y'all will bash Wilmington all day long from the privacy and anonymity of computers, but are scared to death to take any path other than 95 through the city. If you weren't, you'd take note of community activists and neighborhood residents working together to try and give kids more positive outlets.

But it's easier to call an entire neighborhood thugs and cry when called out about the dogwhistling. Doesn't matter to me. I said what I said and will continue to say it.

There are plenty good people in the City of Wilmington. I’ve lived in the city for 30+ years and coached many city youth. Rival gang violence between the two parts of the city have been well documented. Like I said, the people who engage in that activity deserve the label. When you are affecting high school football games which all of us on this board seem to enjoy, then maybe you shouldn’t stick up for them and their integrity. I guess you would defend someone if they assaulted one of your players or kids on a football field or at a football game. Hell go ahead and defend the guys that shot up Eden Park years ago killing innocent soccer players. Return these nuts

Awwwww. Lol.

Doesn't matter if you're a coach when you're being a coward on a message board. And I'm quite sure your nuts are as salty and bitter as the rest of the you.

raven, unfortunately, for better or worse, the word thug now connotes and/or is considered a negative stereotypical remark. Similarly,in Northern Ireland Catholic boys were often referred to hooligans. That eventually could be taken by Catholics as a stereotypical slur.

Gate, I didn't realize that Y'all was now emerging as a method for "othering."
One more thing gate:I think you said you were a Howard alum. What year did you graduate?

Anybody know the final score?

Sticking my head in the sand? Not hardly. It's just interesting to me that whenever these types of things of happen, unfortunate as they may be, the true feelings of posters come out about inner-city youth, who by and large are kids of color.

And being in your feelings about being the Y'all's cracks me up because most of y'all will bash Wilmington all day long from the privacy and anonymity of computers, but are scared to death to take any path other than 95 through the city. If you weren't, you'd take note of community activists and neighborhood residents working together to try and give kids more positive outlets.

But it's easier to call an entire neighborhood thugs and cry when called out about the dogwhistling. Doesn't matter to me. I said what I said and will continue to say it.

Nobody called an entire community anything Nobody commented on anything other than the matter at hand. Its folk like you want to take things beyond there intended purpose for some agenga.. Go ahead and blow your whistle and stick you head in the sand

Reactions: youjustme
I graduated from Howard in '99 Ches.

And as far as the othering, I'm just illustrating how silly it is for an entire city of kids to be called thugs and how annoying it is to read certain posters looking down their noses at the problems in the city without clue or suggestion the first to fix it.

I was born and raised in Wilmington and have spent most of my life here except for a stretch living in working in St. Mary's County Maryland. I KNOW this city has problems - never denied it. What grinds my gears is people's refusal to look at the systemic issues the residents face. There seems to be millions of dollars in Riverfront funding, but nothing for neighborhoods that are crumbling. It's easy to blame people for their circumstances and surroundings, but are you looking at how these circumstances and surroundings came to be?

The comments whenever something like this happens tells me "no."

Reactions: 1stStateRealist
Nobody called an entire community anything Nobody commented on anything other than the matter at hand. Its folk like you want to take things beyond there intended purpose for some agenga.. Go ahead and blow your whistle and stick you head in the sand

"Folks like you."
"Some agenda."

Mm.

raven, unfortunately, for better or worse, the word thug now connotes and/or is considered a negative stereotypical remark. Similarly,in Northern Ireland Catholic boys were often referred to hooligans. That eventually could be taken by Catholics as a stereotypical slur.

Gate, I didn't realize that Y'all was now emerging as a method for "othering."
One more thing gate:I think you said you were a Howard alum. What year did you graduate?

Anybody know the final score?

Ches in case you haven't noticed I don't care what PC terms are acceptable or not I fight for what is right.. Just like I fought for Red Lion on here years ago I also as well as had to eat my crow when they did wrong. It wasn't black or white just what I felt was right or wrong,, I am the same way today I will say what I want and speak my mind whether it be PC or not. But it will never be racial even if I use a term some folks think is racial ,, Its not It may be I use a term to envolk emotions, maybe i am just trying to be funny as I tend to do that.. but racist hell no.. I love all people of all colors and backgrounds I do however have my ideals

\--

Reactions: MightyMik

And as far as the othering, I'm just illustrating how silly it is for an entire city of kids to be called thugs and how annoying it is to read certain posters looking down their noses at the problems in the city without clue or suggestion the first to fix it.

I was born and raised in Wilmington and have spent most of my life here except for a stretch living in working in St. Mary's County Maryland. I KNOW this city has problems - never denied it. What grinds my gears is people's refusal to look at the systemic issues the residents face. There seems to be millions of dollars in Riverfront funding, but nothing for neighborhoods that are crumbling. It's easy to blame people for their circumstances and surroundings, but are you looking at how these circumstances and surroundings came to be?

I agree with you on that sentiment. It is difficult for some folks to approach these issues objectively. Getting back to the issue at hand. We have to show that bad behavior is unacceptable. Yet, I want these kids and their families to enjoy interscholastic sports.

There was an incident. I think in 1969 at the Conrad-De La Warr game played at De La Warr. The Blue Hen Conference then made De La Warr play the rest of their home games that year in an empty gym. No fans at all. That was an overreaction and I don't think there were any other major in game issues at De La Warr the rest of their existence.

You should have lived in the 60's.

I agree with you on that sentiment. It is difficult for some folks to approach these issues objectively. Getting back to the issue at hand. We have to show that bad behavior is unacceptable. Yet, I want these kids and their families to enjoy interscholastic sports.

There was an incident. I think in 1969 at the Conrad-De La Warr game played at De La Warr. The Blue Hen Conference then made De La Warr play the rest of their home games that year in an empty gym. No fans at all. That was an overreaction and I don't think there were any other major in game issues at De La Warr the rest of their existence.

Actions should have consequences, no doubt about it. But before people go stereotyping an entire city of kids, I'd just like for once for people to stop going for the low-hanging fruit and use their brains a bit more.

There was an incident. I think in 1969 at the Conrad-De La Warr game played at De La Warr. The Blue Hen Conference then made De La Warr play the rest of their home games that year in an empty gym. No fans at all. That was an overreaction and I don't think there were any other major in game issues at De La Warr the rest of their existence

you not the first person who told me that.. I have been called an old soul on many occasions I guess its a compliment Actually I think it is

rr, I have known you for a long time and don't believe in the least you are a racist. I also think that people say they are not PC but maybe should give some thought to the words they use.

rr and gate, I am not a hooligan.

Ok I see where your coming from.. and I agree wholeheartedly.. I think you overreacted on the thug comment about the AI situation though ,, No one was damning Wilmington although it wouldn't be far off the mark if they did just saying

By the way gate Y'all didn't get me in my feelings.. I was just posing a question for discussion.. Hell you can call me cracker, white boy, whitey, bigot, etc.. it doesn't matter to me words are just words they don't effect me emotionally. Now if you were sick and needed help that would effect me and I would help the best I can

rr, I have known you for a long time and don't believe in the least you are a racist. I also think that people say they are not PC but maybe should give some thought to the words they use.

rr and gate, I am not a hooligan.

I hear you ches but some terms just have too much comedic value to pass up Its killing me because of the DFRC and my son playing Blue Gold I cant post unacceptable jokes .I have so many but alas ill keep them in my holster for another place and time lol

Nothing makes a woman feel like a girl more than a man who sings like a boy just saying

Last edited:
Reactions: soccer07
You know when I was growing up I knew many thugs. I saw almost half of them planted before they reached thirty. Most of them were white. This is a word that has been around for a while but now has been construed as a racist slur. While in my mind it is not, there are others that see it as one. I for one no longer use it. There are real problems up in Wilmington which need to be addressed on several fronts. Until people stop yelling at each other about petty little BS and start a serious effort to solve the problems of what was once a vibrant city, we are just spinning our wheels.

thug
THəɡ/
noun
  1. 1.
    a violent person, especially a criminal.
    synonyms: ruffian, hooligan, vandal, hoodlum, gangster, villain, criminal;
    informaltough, bruiser, hardman, goon, heavy, enforcer, hired gun, hood
    "one of Capone's thugs"

Reactions: 8484ron
Vote Republican, stop letting the Dems in power and maybe the revitalization of Wilmington will begin.

Reactions: soccer07
You all should go down there to Coverdale or 3rd and north or perhaps maybe east side Wilmington since we know who really runs the thugs and gives them what they want. White color brains let the thugs think they run those spots. But in the end DMA rules all

We are one

You all should go down there to Coverdale or 3rd and north or perhaps maybe east side Wilmington since we know who really runs the thugs and gives them what they want. White color brains let the thugs think they run those spots. But in the end DMA rules all

We are one

You should really check yourself into a hospital

Reactions: 8484ron
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT