ADVERTISEMENT

AI/DMA game

OK again I'm asking you MAN TO MAN if that's what you are to show me when THIS team was in a fight after a game during this season? Until you can show evidence of a fight during the DMA game and a fight during the season I have no choice but to believe this is nothing more than the ole boys club of DIAA up to their old tricks. They stink their old and their washed up and that's why basketball here in this state is Terrible. P.S. I wish we would use or real faces and names and stop being spineless PUNKS
MAN TO MAN WE CAN MEET TODAY! Soft a**

Punishment too harsh, let's just say they're 3 kids or even 4 that were the main instigators, it makes no sense to punish them all by ending the season. I'm still confused about the labelling of these kids as thugs or this Hood image. Most of these kids are suburban silver spoon feed kids not hardened thugs.

BirdmanMemem620x300.jpg

Reactions: soccer07
Jay Street & Derrick Johnson are an embarrassment to the city of Wilmington. You 2 are completely awful and only represent a select few in Wilmington. You are both loud mouth buffoons. These kids need to learn that there are consequences to there actions and as always you two step in because the media is there and you want your picture in the paper like you are some heros. If you want to be heros take off your suits and start monitoring the streets of Wilmington to help reduce crime and eliminate the unheard of murders going on in the city.

Jea Street, Pastor "D"(right where the camera can get a good angle), Councilperson ShaBazz(?), and Devyn Hinson Mr. Advocate hisself.... Interesting when the Principal is explaining his rationale for his action, Pastor "D" talking to the guy next to him. Respectful... Looks like more suits than parents to me.
Interesting thing is. Per DIAA, anyone who leaves a bench area during an altercation must sit the next contest. Any kid who left the bench area after the coach said stay is guilty of game misconduct. Those ref's have control of the court till they leave it. Who is gonna be left to play.
I have not heard one iota of "yes we did...", its well "they did, the officials did, you didn't remove the ejected player, blah blah".

Last edited:
sounds like the coach could predict what was about to happen.. of course it's HIS fault!
stupid parents..

When in doubt just blame everything on racial slurs. It really doesn't matter if anyone said anything racist. Just say you heard it. This whole situation is a ****in joke. AI is an 11-9 team who screwed up acting like idiots. This is not headline news. Move on

Shit gets heated in sports. Some one might have pushed another player etc it happens.

Reality is that their coach and assistant VP - both black - said they heard no racial slurs. Not sure why they would lie.

Reality is if the players listened to the coach and just walked off the court they would be playing next week.

At the end of the day the players have no one to blame but themselves. Stop making excuses for them.

Last edited:
Punishment too harsh, let's just say they're 3 kids or even 4 that were the main instigators, it makes no sense to punish them all by ending the season. I'm still confused about the labelling of these kids as thugs or this Hood image. Most of these kids are suburban silver spoon feed kids not hardened thugs.
I think it should of been 3 or 4 gone for the year..

The problem with this situation is with the parenting or lack there of. If it was one of my kids, the principal would not have to act because I would have grabbed my kid and threw his behind in the car and his season would have been done, by my decision whether the team was reinstated or not. Parents have become more fans than parents.

The problem with this situation is with the parenting or lack there of. If it was one of my kids, the principal would not have to act because I would have grabbed my kid and threw his behind in the car and his season would have been done, by my decision whether the team was reinstated or not. Parents have become more fans than parents.
But what if your kid was on that team, is a very good kid not involved in this mess. Should the actions of a few kids that are knuckleheads destroy this experience for your kid who worked hard all year. That's what the issue is, it's a lack of due process with an investigation to find the bad actors, punish & educate them. Allow the kids who behaved to be rewarded by continuing on. What I see here are multiple failures, 1st parents of the bad actors, 2nd Coaching by allowing any disrespectful kid to be in the program, 3rd institutional failure for acting without doing a thorough investigation. The last failure is people on this site, we stereotypes these kids as hardened thugs & they are not. Regardless of what happens in this matter I would like to see the team, coaches and families from both AI & DMA come together peacefully, shake hands in a peaceful respectful resolution. Let this end positively.

Reactions: Jawnsky
But what if your kid was on that team, is a very good kid not involved in this mess. Should the actions of a few kids that are knuckleheads destroy this experience for your kid who worked hard all year. That's what the issue is, it's a lack of due process with an investigation to find the bad actors, punish & educate them. Allow the kids who behaved to be rewarded by continuing on. What I see here are multiple failures, 1st parents of the bad actors, 2nd Coaching by allowing any disrespectful kid to be in the program, 3rd institutional failure for acting without doing a thorough investigation. The last failure is people on this site, we stereotypes these kids as hardened thugs & they are not. Regardless of what happens in this matter I would like to see the team, coaches and families from both AI & DMA come together peacefully, shake hands in a peaceful respectful resolution. Let this end positively.
I'm being real serious. DIAA has a rule that is hammered at the rules meeting every year and A.I will be talked about next year for sure. We are told, "Have a plan". If an incident breaks out on the field/court, the Head coach is allowed to respond directly and handle their kids, and an assistant is to remain with the bench players. If any bench player leaves the area they are automatically suspended for the next game, minimum. By all account the entire team went into it, good kids and bad "actors". Whose left?
That could be part of the decision process.

Reactions: listening to noise
What I find is strange is that listening to the video their own coach said he doesn't trust his own players. He told them what to do and they all disregarded him, by his own body language it look like he's not on board with the players and parents. If reinstated would he even coach the team?

Reactions: soccer07
What I find is strange is that listening to the video their own coach said he doesn't trust his own players. He told them what to do and they all disregarded him, by his own body language it look like he's not on board with the players and parents.
He knew they was wrong... Cant ignore wat he told them wat to do and they ignored him.. Smh.. Bet they wish they listen now...

I read the Instagram accounts of the kids involved. Coach was smart for resigning
If many of us read our own kids account we would resign as parents. Lets face reality kids do stupid things, post stupid things, make stupid choice regardless of race, religion, economics. I would argue that the majority of Delaware kids of all races are suburban kids with good working class families raised on the inside on technology. They may project some tough guy image after listening to to many rap albums but more fake bravado than reality. What I see on this board is references to murders in Wilmington, I don't know what that has to do with these kids. Sames like extreme stereotyping.

Reactions: AJoi and Jawnsky
I'm being real serious. DIAA has a rule that is hammered at the rules meeting every year and A.I will be talked about next year for sure. We are told, "Have a plan". If an incident breaks out on the field/court, the Head coach is allowed to respond directly and handle their kids, and an assistant is to remain with the bench players. If any bench player leaves the area they are automatically suspended for the next game, minimum. By all account the entire team went into it, good kids and bad "actors". Whose left?
That could be part of the decision process.
I was hoping to see a video or read actual statements from people of all perspectives including DMA. I'm curious soccer07 where u present at this game? This board or the article does not give enough facts. Furthermore where I disagree with u is not your opinion but the disconnect with the tragedy of the situation, u same to be more invested in defining & punishing kids. Don't get me wrong I believe in accountability by u same to be invested seeing these kids & others fail.

Reactions: AJoi
....OK- my 2 cents (that and a $1.48 get you a coke)

-No video of this anywhere? I call BS!
-AI is a problem school and a complete mess right now (has been) but that is not a blanket statement. DMA is a "public private" and they are a little special and that is also not a blanket statement.
-DMA (and many other schools) have great student sections but I have observed DMA (and others) cross the line of rowdy & obnoxious to the point that somebody should shut em' up!

Bottom line- it was wrong to cancel the season. Bench/suspend players involved accordingly and use Fr/JV kids to compete (if not enough) then forfeit.

Race has no place in this matter (unless there were statements/actions that can be proven)

I was hoping to see a video or read actual statements from people of all perspectives including DMA. I'm curious soccer07 where u present at this game? This board or the article does not give enough facts. Furthermore where I disagree with u is not your opinion but the disconnect with the tragedy of the situation, u same to be more invested in defining & punishing kids. Don't get me wrong I believe in accountability by u same to be invested seeing these kids & others fail.
I was not there. The information I have comes from the News Journel, WDEL, Kevin Ohlandt Blog, and people who were there. My personal view comes from the accountability/responsibility perspective. I personally know 12 young people who have been shot dead and 4 shooters/murders, like they would say hello to me if they could. To paint a rose colored picture of Wilmington is wrong. But, that's a whole nother conversation.
Personally, I believe excuses and rationalizations are made for everything, especially in education. I have sat in rooms where parents have flat out lied in defense of their childs behavior.
To call this a tragedy is insane. Seriously?? Not getting chosen for an all-star team at 12 seemed like a tragedy, but it wasn't. Choices and consequences is what life is about. Remember consequences can be bad or good. You make good choices you get x, bad choices you get y. Don't hold limits and the negative consequences get real bad. Think of the Howard boy last year. Promising basketball player, DEAD.
I have no dog in this fight, just a pennies worth of wisdom.

Reactions: COACH"D"
I think it should of been 3 or 4 gone for the year..

Problem with that is you lose the concept of TEAM. Times are changing where TEAM doesn't mean what it used to..If one teammate messes up the whole TEAM pays.. no different than a Platoon.. The leaders are there to keep the TEAM in line.. My son learned this lesson in football.. If teammates messed up in school the whole team ran extra after practice.. Its how its supposed to work.. I guess that concept is losing ground today with sports becoming all about me and so individualised

I was not there. The information I have comes from the News Journel, WDEL, Kevin Ohlandt Blog, and people who were there. My personal view comes from the accountability/responsibility perspective. I personally know 12 young people who have been shot dead and 4 shooters/murders, like they would say hello to me if they could. To paint a rose colored picture of Wilmington is wrong. But, that's a whole nother conversation.
Personally, I believe excuses and rationalizations are made for everything, especially in education. I have sat in rooms where parents have flat out lied in defense of their childs behavior.
To call this a tragedy is insane. Seriously?? Not getting chosen for an all-star team at 12 seemed like a tragedy, but it wasn't. Choices and consequences is what life is about. Remember consequences can be bad or good. You make good choices you get x, bad choices you get y. Don't hold limits and the negative consequences get real bad. Think of the Howard boy last year. Promising basketball player, DEAD.
I have no dog in this fight, just a pennies worth of wisdom.
Agreed with some of what you say if your arguement was balanced but u same to always argue the negative. These kids are not associated with none of the events you mentioned. You live in a black & white world, what about gray. If u raised with a full refrigerator & in a crime free environment surrounded by positive people it's easy to say what u say. I see people like u who want to hold others to the maximum standard of the rules but quick to make all excuses for the kids in your community. You enjoy seeing black kids fail. Reading about crime in the inner city. Preaching values from a comfy existence. That's the tragedy. The tragedy is we as adults don't same to see this as systemic failure that this was allowed to escalate.

Reactions: AJoi
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT