ADVERTISEMENT

AI Football

Huskerman7

Varsity
Nov 16, 2018
Still awaiting official word, but I’ve been told AI told their players today that they will be fielding a JV team only.

It’s true.
So now all these ADs have to scramble to get a game. You think DIAA can put something together. Oh that’s not there responsibility. Yet if any of those teams would have dumped AI from the schedule , DIAA would have had a major problem with it. Horse s—-again.

On the other side of it the teams that could play to fill those gaps won’t.
coaches will be worried about points and playoff scenarios etc.

It’s Highschool football- go compete. If you want to be something go play. If you think you got a chance to win it all, go play. Don’t hide in the weeds and hope for a certain seed, so you play this team or that team. Go compete. That’s all the players want to do.
I have already come up with a handful of competitive games in replace of AI s missed games. Useless though. DIAA won’t mandate it- ADs will come up with excuses (my school has a dance that night, pre-SATs are scheduled, that’s our rally night- fill in the blank). So all teams will wind up with 9 games. Maybe even 8, if you have Mckean on your schedule after week 7.

I want to be wrong on this one, I do!

Seems like typical Delaware mind set.

Peace and Love

It’s true.
So now all these ADs have to scramble to get a game. You think DIAA can put something together. Oh that’s not there responsibility. Yet if any of those teams would have dumped AI from the schedule , DIAA would have had a major problem with it. Horse s—-again.

On the other side of it the teams that could play to fill those gaps won’t.
coaches will be worried about points and playoff scenarios etc.

It’s Highschool football- go compete. If you want to be something go play. If you think you got a chance to win it all, go play. Don’t hide in the weeds and hope for a certain seed, so you play this team or that team. Go compete. That’s all the players want to do.
I have already come up with a handful of competitive games in replace of AI s missed games. Useless though. DIAA won’t mandate it- ADs will come up with excuses (my school has a dance that night, pre-SATs are scheduled, that’s our rally night- fill in the blank). So all teams will wind up with 9 games. Maybe even 8, if you have Mckean on your schedule after week 7.

I want to be wrong on this one, I do!

Seems like typical Delaware mind set.

Peace and Love
I would like to see their opponents make up the games, but they have to have matching open dates. Since Appo does not have a game in Week 0, and neither does St. Mark's, those two could get together next weekend.

Reactions: Woody_Wood
I would like to see their opponents make up the games, but they have to have matching open dates. Since Appo does not have a game in Week 0, and neither does St. Mark's, those two could get together next weekend.
Because appo did not have a week 0 game they did not start practice early so they can play before next week I believe

Any word on if the teams on their schedule have the option to just take a fft win?

This is the rule per DIAA Manuel.

FAQs Concerning 1009.1.4 (Contracts)

1. What happens if a school discontinues sponsorship of a team before the start of a season? If a school discontinues sponsorship of a particular team prior to the start of the competitive season in that sport, regardless of the presence of a master contract or a signed individual contract, the contracted games shall be considered “no contests.” No forfeits shall be awarded and those games shall not count as either wins or losses for the purpose of conference standings or selection and seeding in the state tournament.

2. What happens if a school discontinues sponsorship of a team after the start of a season? As required by 1009 1.4 (above), in the absence of a contract appropriately submitted to DIAA, all games remaining on that school’s schedule after dropping the team will be considered “no contest”. If a contract has been appropriately submitted to DIAA, the opponent may appeal to DIAA for a forfeit. If a game is considered “no contest” and provided tournament regulations do not prohibit doing so, schools are free to schedule replacement contests.

Last edited:
not that i have seen. Maybe DIAA has to make the decision and they will probably get to it in early April - assuming they have a quorum

Any word on if the teams on their schedule have the option to just take a fft win?

This is the rule per DIAA Manuel.

FAQs Concerning 1009.1.4 (Contracts)

1. What happens if a school discontinues sponsorship of a team before the start of a season? If a school discontinues sponsorship of a particular team prior to the start of the competitive season in that sport, regardless of the presence of a master contract or a signed individual contract, the contracted games shall be considered “no contests.” No forfeits shall be awarded and those games shall not count as either wins or losses for the purpose of conference standings or selection and seeding in the state tournament.

2. What happens if a school discontinues sponsorship of a team after the start of a season? As required by 1009 1.4 (above), in the absence of a contract appropriately submitted to DIAA, all games remaining on that school’s schedule after dropping the team will be considered “no contest”. If a contract has been appropriately submitted to DIAA, the opponent may appeal to DIAA for a forfeit. If a game is considered “no contest” and provided tournament regulations do not prohibit doing so, schools are free to schedule replacement contests.
I wonder what they will do...St. Marks has it listed as canceled on website for sports

Apparently St Mark's will be playing Appoquinomic this weekend.

CONFIRMED

1​
8/30/22 10:40 AM

9/2/22​
Fri​
7:00pm​
Appoquinimink HS
H​
Saint Mark's HS
8/29/22 9:54 AM

9/3/22​
Sat​
6:00pm​
AI duPont HS
A​
AI duPont HS(Cancelled) Adult Season Pass $ 15 // Community Family Festival

Reactions: nomorenonstop
Somewhat good news for AI seniors. They were offered the option to play with McKean. Hopefully that helps keep McKean afloat as well. They only had 23 players on their roster.

McKean's quarterback Makeevis Rogers threw four scoring passes and ran for two as they put up 44 points with a win. May I dare say they have an outside chance to make the playoffs????

hmm.. McKean asked first?

Really you could just combine all three of them on a Red Clay District team and have them play in 3A.

Could be the Red Clay Consolidated Blue Rocks or Schoolers or something

Red-Clay-Logo-1.png

Last edited:
I understand the circumstances as to what prompted this, same could be done for Christiana/Glasgow, and definitely Dickinson. I’m solely thinking from numbers perspective.

I don’t see delaware as that forward thinking. I think there is a better chance for these smaller schools struggling with numbers to with 7-man football

Funny, not a word from the superintendent. That's right, his kid went to DMA. Not really his problem. Red Clay wanted new leadership, well they got it. AI was the #1 seed, what, 5 years ago in d2. Same principal, different "leadership" at district office and now AI is on life support as a school.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT