ADVERTISEMENT

Beast of the East Tournament

First_state_gridiron

Good all around Player
Aug 22, 2014
Was thinking about going over to the UofD to watch some of this for the first time.

Do they announce the pairings for the first round(s) on Saturday morning or you just have to get lucky to see certain wrestlers/teams?

Thanks

Was thinking about going over to the UofD to watch some of this for the first time.

Do they announce the pairings for the first round(s) on Saturday morning or you just have to get lucky to see certain wrestlers/teams?

Thanks
Its an individual formatted tournament . So teams don't wrestle each other, rather a team score is kept for individual achievements .wrestling starts at 745am on Saturday and end 915pm Saturday night. Sunday starts at 815 with finals rounds around 315. Its broken up into sessions and you can buy a weekend pass. If your looking for the best matches probably quarters and semis 815 to 2 on sunday. Blair and bergen catholic are top 2 teams in US and will be there. Track wrestling website will have all the brackets and up to date information certainly by friday after changes and scratches. Its an awesome experience and will expose you to some of top talent in america.

I would hope for several delaware placers. When i look at brackets ill post my suggestions on delaware and national level guys to watch if you go. Thanks

Leverage. Like I stated before I enjoy seeing your predictions. Off your head before looking at brackets what kids in delaware do you think have a chance at placing? I know over the last few years delaware with the exception of tony wuest has had a terrible showing at the beast so I'm just wondering if you think were going to turn that around this year and if so who? Thanks buddy

Leverage. Like I stated before I enjoy seeing your predictions. Off your head before looking at brackets what kids in delaware do you think have a chance at placing? I know over the last few years delaware with the exception of tony wuest has had a terrible showing at the beast so I'm just wondering if you think were going to turn that around this year and if so who? Thanks buddy
Some of these tournaments like beast iron man midlands Tblisi are as much about temperature as talent. Getting hot and not having any letdowns become what dictates outcome. We as a state have struggled with margin of error in wrestle backs for sure on past years.
I'd say guys with national level experience definitely helps and we have a few. I was always good if I was in a manic phase at big events, but not so much when it swung the other way lol.
Jackson Dean has to be our favorite right now, especially after ironman not sure if he's dropping again.Here is my list but in no way is it limited to this as we have had guys come out of nowhere before.
Giampietro 106
Gray 120
Poore 126
Fosque if not hurt and going 126
Caruso 126
Natorcola 132 or 138 not sure if he can drop he is huge and seems hot
Hall not sure what weight track had him within striking distance of 145
Schieder 170
Davis 182
Harp 220
Hudson hwy
Of theses i would hate to have to wrestle a red hot Hugo Harp and defend that double. In wrestlebacks guys with easily repeatable styles do well because of the mental strain. It should be interesting
Thode and bowne also have national level experience

Just off the top of my mind without brackets cause ofcourse we all know seeds play a big role the couple kids I would think could make some noise at the beast would be:
106 gabe giampietro. (He recently beat the #12 ranked kid in nation
Anthony caruso
Brian Schneider
Will Carl
Jackson dean
Nick hall
Alex poore
Nick natercola
I'm sure theres plenty more I'm just throwing a few out

Reactions: Leverage1991
If you get to see aj ferrari of blair and robert howard of bergen catholic wrestle you wont be disappointed. Two top 10 pnp in america. If we were basketball they would be lottery picks

Man you are so correct how could I forget hugo with that extremely powerful double leg!!!! Great call on that one he totally slipped my mind

I remember my junior year 1997 a team from CA came I think Temecula Valley or something they were crazy good all had bleach blonde hair typical for California boys I guess but it was a cool experience

Rankings are out for Beast, a few Delaware boys made it onto the lists in a few weight classes.

103 seems very weak. Thought for sure the 170 from middletown would be seeded.

Good to see a few more seeded than we thought.
Messick jt davis hawkins wright and schirmer all got seeds.
113 120 and 126 are ridiculously stacked in terms of top level guys.

Looks like 2 in quarters. Dean with a tech to advance against 4 seed from Northampton and davis a 13 seed against 5 seed from colonia nj.
If dean wins he's against
jo jo aranga the consensus no 1 138 in us. A few still in wrestle backs. The beast is brutal

Reactions: wtc76
I understand milford i guess worrying about injuries but i thought for sure more would of went & got some tough matches in, not just two wrestlers

Check out the 120 beast bracket on track wrestling. Unreal. Some of our top guys ran into buzzsaws
I can understand Milford trying to stay focused on winning a state title after looking at that.

Still have a handful of DE guys in the wrestle backs. In the quarters what i saw was:
JT Davis @182
Azeem Bell @170
Jackson Dean@138
Been a long day and have to get back to it eary. Good luck to all of the remaining DE guys and I hope we put some on the podium!!

Check out the 120 beast bracket on track wrestling. Unreal. Some of our top guys ran into buzzsaws
I can understand Milford trying to stay focused on winning a state title after looking at that.
Look at the jack thode match the 13-12 i think & nick hall first match..great matches

Blair is sick . Everyone but their 45 & heavy in the semis & killing everyone

Still alive in wrestle backs
Giampietro
Spence
Gray
Caruso
Schneider
Hawkins
Schirmer

Reactions: wtc76
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT