ADVERTISEMENT

DE Preps Composite Top 10 week #7

I'll guess we'll have to revisit this convo once again after the next few games my friend... I'm sure by then it will be something else though lol

I'll guess we'll have to revisit this convo once again after the next few games my friend... I'm sure by then it will be something else though lol
good grief... no one is against Glasgow or hating on them that is such nonsense ,you guys just have it in your head,,most people want to see someone new in the mix. FYI I had GHS ranked #2 all season so there is that.. your just being to thick headed to understand what people saying

This might be me being heard headed but I'm not picking up what your laying down SN. You're telling me Glasgow was mediocre because they played in a conference like flight a? Yet, they went into 2007 ranked #1 until week 5 when i guess they received a wake up call, still managed to reach the semi finals against Sussex central and faltered. How come that thing called winning couldn't continue after that? What made 2007 so great?

Now wait a minute, during this same "era" (Glasgow in flight A) we had schools like Hodgson and Caravel beat a team like sallies with less than half the numbers that sallies had, they were in flight b and d2 and played that big boy school up north.

These schools win and win on a consistent basis. Maybe they might not at the moment but because they have a history of winning they get more respect than a team who say, are just now winning.

Like I said, when the playoffs start, Glasgow will be there, we can all agree to that, but the playoffs are when the pressure is on at its finest, and what Glasgow does this year, is what's going to make everyone's minds up, not week 6.

Did you just bring up one season from almost 10 years ago to try and make some kind of point? Lol that's funny my man... and disregard all the other years? What you just said has nothing to do with playing in flight a and consistently playing the top schools every year.... You can't really hide when your in flight a... You are what you are... William penn, Newark, Middletown, concord are all on your schedule every year and for the most part they have always been tough outs... For anybody... take a look at Christiana, brandywine, mount pleastant, Delcastle, AI DuPont, Appo, charter...Pretty sure they all shared very similar results against those big four during that same time frame... And that's just within the conference... so you tell me a school outside of a sallies that would fair well more then not against those programs over that time period???? I'll wait for it....

Hodgson and st. Georges will struggle in flight A... They will not see the playoffs again for a while.... It is what it is

Hodgson and st. Georges will struggle in flight A... They will not see the playoffs again for a while.... It is what it is
maybe not for a year or 2 but being in D1 more top players will choose to go to those schools..I could see them building something. The D2 stigma probably stopped allot of good players from going there.. This goes for all sports

Reactions: HSftballlaxFan
St. Marks! Would compete against them and win. Every year. Came down to d2 and lose to Caravel, and DMA but get more recognition than say your boys or Milford.

I have Glasgow ranked 3rd in my poll, and it's not a knock against them, they could easily be 2 or 1, but for me personally there's still more to prove. Like the last poster stated, putting the points up on schools where you should put them up isn't going to help. And yes, this isn't your fault, they play who's on the schedule. That is why what we are trying to get across to you is that what they do in Weeks 10-13 is what's going to persuade everyone. The next three weeks aren't going to either when the combined record of your next 3 opponents are 3-15. You can score 100 on them each.

Reactions: runningman12001
@ HCS- I am sure they have improved as the season has progressed so this does not mean that much but both St Marks and Elkton outplayed them and Glasgow did not score at all.

@ Glasgow lover-Hate is a strong word but that's already been covered and I am sure you mean no harm but its just just individual opinions.

Last edited:
Did you see the tri scrimmage vs Spartans and Elks?

I did get to that scrimmage. St. Marks didn't get past the 30 on ghs. Ghs got to the 1 on them. Elkton in 10 and 10 only went 20 yards. They did break 1 run in the live scrimmage. All teams were even.

good grief... no one is against Glasgow or hating on them that is such nonsense ,you guys just have it in your head,,most people want to see someone new in the mix. FYI I had GHS ranked #2 all season so there is that.. your just being to thick headed to understand what people saying

Can I get an AMEN!

You dudes are hilarious... First off just hearing some of your thoughts and opinions and how you come to those opinions tells me a lot about your football knowledge. And Jeff if that is how you come to your rankings and opinions on who you think is the better teams etc explains a lot. You would think that if your making rankings etc some sort of your evaluation would be based on actually evaluating the teams and their talent etc... I hear more opinions based on a point system rather than an actual observation of the teams during competition. Clearly that's not what you do or the board does for the most part so my apologies...lol

I think it is burning you guys up that my original post about Glasgow shocking people has came to fruition and all of you who had issues with that post are still the same ones taking jabs etc...It's all good though.. It is what it is.... I guess you can say you guys are shocked lol....Trust me I laugh when I read half of the dumb ish that comes out of some of you guys mouth... I don't take jabs at people unless they come at me... If someone doesn't agree with the faithful on this board the process I guess is to try and discredit the differing opinion... Problem with that is I've been pretty accurate and it's killing yall lol

My rankings in a few

Who has Glasgow shocked and what exactly has come to fruition. I had/have no issue with your post-I respect your opinion but when people disagree or you do not like what you see.....you get all bent out of shape.

That's your story jawnsky and your sticking to it... lol

stop bringing up vanilla scrimmages that no one really showed anything

That's your story jawnsky and your sticking to it... lol

stop bringing up vanilla scrimmages that no one really showed anything

These type of statements kill me.. Its HS football scrims not the NFL preseason.. HS coaches have a very limited time to get ready for the first game and they take every advantage and opportunity to run their O or D live.. Its not like everyone doesn't know what they run or do its not that sophisticated.. yeah sure they don't show their super secret trick plays like the annexation of Puerto Rico but the idea they are lining up in a vanilla I formation and just running plays and then they show up during the season running a spread read option is silly

Reactions: Jawnsky
My assessment on the situation. Glasgow may be overlooked, but part of that is due to the fact that for the last decade or so Glasgow has been riding the pine pony or so to speak. What have they accomplished except for the high grade point average, which is great but relating to on the field, not much. This could be the year they turn it around, which is great, good for them, and the community but the teams that are getting the recognition have been competitive year in and year out. I bet if you ask the Milford faithful how they feel, they'd feel the same way you are now.

Each team this season you can say has a signature win;m, Glasgow over Hodgson and Milford over DMA, but it's overlooked because of the debatable down years those two programs are having? Hodgson more so than DMA, the only reason we aren't hearing as much of the Milford win over DMA is because there are more northern posters than south or I bet they'd be complaining too for not getting the recognition for beating a team who is usually ranked top 5 in their respected division.

I could say the Smyrna faithful feels the same way you do last season, they didn't get the respect they deserved last year, and to be honest, why should they? They hadn't accomplished anything until the championship game, yeah they scored 50 on sallies but they still lost. NOW, they are the talk of the town because they showed everyone why they should be. I bet you, if Glasgow wins it all this year or even reaches the finals this year, next year will be a different story when it comes to respect.

Glasgow may have all the talent in the world but the assessment that was made earlier in the season as "anyone in the state" is what is holding everyone back from joining your side on the debate. A phrase I liked since hearing it..."some men just like to see the world burn" in this instance, the majority are giving you a hard time because it's fun banter. The situation will play itself out near the end and either you'll laugh last or not.

Nice piece of Analysis......

Raven I guess you know less about football than I thought...smh
You know better than to judge a team based on how they play in scripted scrimmages

Raven I guess you know less about football than I thought...smh
You know better than to judge a team based on how they play in scripted scrimmages
not saying its not scripted.. coaches judge their own teams on scrimmages do they not?

Parade was awesome. That Smyrna Band is much improved, they could surprise a lot of people this year. Tech, Dover, Dover Middle and quite a few more bands were there. Great show by all, Milford thanks you for coming. Sadly, not one accordion in sight.

Reactions: Uncle Bumfuzzled
Parade was awesome. That Smyrna Band is much improved, they could surprise a lot of people this year. Tech, Dover, Dover Middle and quite a few more bands were there. Great show by all, Milford thanks you for coming. Sadly, not one accordion in sight.
Are you kidding that Smyrna band has never won anything.. flash in the pan they are.. let them win something then come here thumping your chest

Last edited:
You keep saying that yet you keep coming back for more.. I'll be here to retort until I decide to go up to bed or pass out

That's my damn point exactly. This all started with and I quote 302 guy
"Have had a chance to watch them a few times this preseason...ton of talent and very deep at skill positions.... Offensively as talented as anybody in the state" (like the Dragon red LOL)
That was 9/3. So at that point they had scrimmaged a very "vanilla" Spartans/Elks and Delcastle. And you claim they have as much offensive talent as anybody in the state.
...people gonna question that

That's my damn point exactly. This all started with and I quote 302 guy
"Have had a chance to watch them a few times this preseason...ton of talent and very deep at skill positions.... Offensively as talented as anybody in the state" (like the Dragon red LOL)
That was 9/3. So at that point they had scrimmaged a very "vanilla" Spartans/Elks and Delcastle. And you claim they have as much offensive talent as anybody in the state.
...people gonna question that

Speaks for itself....

Tyrique Woodland: Running back /Safety

Reggie Grinnell : safety (one of If not the best safety in the state)

Michael Credle: WR

Isaiah Wilson: Quarterback

Tavion jones hill: running back

Keishawn Jones: Wide Receiver
http://www.hudl.com/video/3/6221565/57f9d6d23bd81463c4762bd6

Kelvin Tejada: defensive tackle
http://www.hudl.com/video/3/5432560/57fc2780ed57ee1a84379013

Jasaan Cunningham: Wide receiver / DB (state champion sprinter- fastest player in the state)
http://www.hudl.com/video/3/6245136/5721e2410c5e681224bcfd28

D1

1 - Smyrna
2 - Middletown
3 - William Penn
3 - Salesianum (tough one with Penn but we will see next week)
5 - Concord
6 - Cape Henlopen
7 - Sussex Central
8 - Mt. Pleasant
9 - Appoquinimink
10 - Sussex Tech

D2

1 - Woodbridge
2 - Glasgow
3 - Milford
4 - St. Georges
5 - DMA
6 - St. Marks
7 - Friends
8 - Tatnall
9 - Delmar
10 - Caravel

Speaks for itself....

Tyrique Woodland: Running back /Safety

Reggie Grinnell : safety (one of If not the best safety in the state)

Michael Credle: WR

Isaiah Wilson: Quarterback

Tavion jones hill: running back

Keishawn Jones: Wide Receiver
http://www.hudl.com/video/3/6221565/57f9d6d23bd81463c4762bd6

Kelvin Tejada: defensive tackle
http://www.hudl.com/video/3/5432560/57fc2780ed57ee1a84379013

Jasaan Cunningham: Wide receiver / DB (state champion sprinter- fastest player in the state)
http://www.hudl.com/video/3/6245136/5721e2410c5e681224bcfd28
Man u act like they a dream team.... Lol... Wow... They good but not that good.... Let it go ... Please... Lol..needed a laugh today...Smh

Reactions: sportsguy302
I am glad G Hi is back. I remember like 10 years ago we had posters like DragonBreath and GHiJihad. They were insane. Remember when Glasgow had to forfeit those games and got left out of the tournament. They went to Chancery Court ( and lost ) to hold up the FB tournament.

Loved the turmoil. Honestly, this is going to be a great tournament...

Remember that too. The Middletown playoff game was held til 8-8:30 because they waiting for a verdict or something if I'm not mistaken

HS, you are correct. The Chancery Court hearing was scheduled at 400PM. There was no way that the Chancellor was going to delay the game or put Glasgow in the tournament but I guess everybody had to be on their toes.

Newark replaced Glasgow in the Tournament.

Reactions: HSftballlaxFan
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT