5 Concord I 33
6 Cape Henlopen I 30
7 Woodbridge II 29
8 Sussex Central I 15
9 Milford I 11
10 Glasgow II 9
St. George's II 4
Thats about right...

This glasgow thing is so annoying. nobody is down playing them lol. They are 1 vote away from milford and two from st. georges. what do people want? to go ahead and crown them or something??? They are right there, let the chips fall. playoff point wise they are the 2 seed. why do people think they are being slighted? smh

Jeff can confirm but I believe there is more guys from down there submitting rankings.. My submission was 1 Wood 2 Glasgow 3 St G 4 Milford etc.. It all just for fun and convo and like the poster said above its so close between them your flipping coins placing them in rank

Reactions: theman1234
This glasgow thing is so annoying. nobody is down playing them lol. They are 1 vote away from milford and two from st. georges. what do people want? to go ahead and crown them or something??? They are right there, let the chips fall. playoff point wise they are the 2 seed. why do people think they are being slighted? smh

I am just saying when it comes to the other schools it is more praise and glory. Now this is just from what i observed through all of the threads that mention the top schools. Something has to be said for what they are doing this year. Averaging over 46 points and the defense is holding teams to a little above 4 points. That is ridiculous!

I am just saying when it comes to the other schools it is more praise and glory. Now this is just from what i observed through all of the threads that mention the top schools. Something has to be said for what they are doing this year. Averaging over 46 points and the defense is holding teams to a little above 4 points. That is ridiculous!
Glad I'm not the only one who notices this... 2nd highest scoring team in the state trailing only Smyrna

Reactions: theman1234
And after watching st. Georges almost lose to Hodgson... You guys are giving St. Georges credit and a high ranking based on them not getting blown out by William penn week 1.... That shouldn't solidify a high ranking all season long.... If Hodgson Qb doesn't turn the ball over 5 times.. Hodgson easily wins that game. Glasgow dominated Hodgson... Had 3 tds called back and still won by two scores... don't be surprised if St. marks knocks them off this weekend

Reactions: ravensrooster2
Glasgow has been mentioned several times on here, all in a positive light. This poll is just the opinion of a few people and means nothing. When I see four Glasgow coaches show up for a Monday night game to watch Lake face Woodbridge, it tells me they are well prepared. When I see a 6-0 record, it tells me they are a team that deserves and demands anyone's respect. The reality of the situation is, that this will all be settled on the field, the players will sort it all out. In the meanwhile, enjoy some lovely fall football this weekend.

Reactions: Jawnsky and Chesdel
Signature Games

1 Woodbridge 6-0 (7) 79 ~ Win by 28 over #7 5-1 Friends

2 St. George's 5-1 64 ~ Lose by 3 to #4 5-1 William Penn

3 Milford 5-0 63 ~ Win by 28 over #5 5-1 DMA

4 Glasgow 6-0 (1) 62 ~ Win by 12 over 3-3 Hodgson

5 DMA 5-1 48 ~ Win by 10 over #7 4-2 St. Mark's

6 Caravel 3-3 36 ~ Win by 7 over #7 4-2 St. Mark's

#4 is about right...

And there it is again...lol the Ghigh hate on this board is unreal smh... Guess it will take till week 10 when they give st.georges work before you have no other choice but to move them up... Did st. Georges lose to William penn in week 1? 3 points or 20 points They lost right?...you give them props for that.....ok but Do you then drop them for almost losing to Hodgson or only beating Mckean 33-12? How does those below average performances fall into your rankings? .. I mean if you get props for losing but don't dominate teams your supposed to be so much better than you have to have some type of fallback right?

I think a lot of it is lack of familiarity with Glasgow, at least in my case as I've not had a chance to see them play yet. I didn't submit a ranking here, but would put them over St G's based on the numbers they've put up and being totally unimpressed with what I saw from St G (admitedly have only seen 1 of their games and it was early in the year). Will be fun to see how D2 plays out the rest of the year.

Those games only tell me that DMA and St. marks are not consistent
And there it is again...lol the Ghigh hate on this board is unreal smh... Guess it will take till week 10 when they give st.georges work before you have no other choice but to move them up... Did st. Georges lose to William penn in week 1? 3 points or 20 points They lost right?...you give them props for that.....ok but Do you then drop them for almost losing to Hodgson or only beating Mckean 33-12? How does those below average performances fall into your rankings? .. I mean if you get props for losing but don't dominate teams your supposed to be so much better than you have to have some type of fallback right?
What does your poll look like for D-II?

There's only 2 points separating 2, 3, & 4... 64, 63, 62...

It's not like it's 70, 62 & 54 or something like that...

Which means to me that if those 3 played each other 10 times, they would most likely split 5/5...

But feel free to submit your top 10's...

JeffMullen@usa.com 302-423-9420

Reactions: Ikeyfbst2
He'd have Glasgow 1 ahead of Woodbridge. Money on it!

I bet he'd even put Glasgow ahead of the D1 top 5.

I bet he'd even put Glasgow ahead of the D1 top 5.[/QUOTE]
Just so we remember what hate really is:

noun
noun: hate
  1. 1.
    intense or passionate dislike.
    "feelings of hate and revenge"

You dudes are hilarious... First off just hearing some of your thoughts and opinions and how you come to those opinions tells me a lot about your football knowledge. And Jeff if that is how you come to your rankings and opinions on who you think is the better teams etc explains a lot. You would think that if your making rankings etc some sort of your evaluation would be based on actually evaluating the teams and their talent etc... I hear more opinions based on a point system rather than an actual observation of the teams during competition. Clearly that's not what you do or the board does for the most part so my apologies...lol

I think it is burning you guys up that my original post about Glasgow shocking people has came to fruition and all of you who had issues with that post are still the same ones taking jabs etc...It's all good though.. It is what it is.... I guess you can say you guys are shocked lol....Trust me I laugh when I read half of the dumb ish that comes out of some of you guys mouth... I don't take jabs at people unless they come at me... If someone doesn't agree with the faithful on this board the process I guess is to try and discredit the differing opinion... Problem with that is I've been pretty accurate and it's killing yall lol

My rankings in a few

You dudes are hilarious... First off just hearing some of your thoughts and opinions and how you come to those opinions tells me a lot about your football knowledge. And Jeff if that is how you come to your rankings and opinions on who you think is the better teams etc explains a lot. You would think that if your making rankings etc some sort of your evaluation would be based on actually evaluating the teams and their talent etc... I hear more opinions based on a point system rather than an actual observation of the teams during competition. Clearly that's not what you do or the board does for the most part so my apologies...lol

I think it is burning you guys up that my original post about Glasgow shocking people has came to fruition and all of you who had issues with that post are still the same ones taking jabs etc...It's all good though.. It is what it is.... I guess you can say you guys are shocked lol....Trust me I laugh when I read half of the dumb ish that comes out of some of you guys mouth... I don't take jabs at people unless they come at me... If someone doesn't agree with the faithful on this board the process I guess is to try and discredit the differing opinion... Problem with that is I've been pretty accurate and it's killing yall lol

My rankings in a few
Greatness is not measured by words, it is measured by results. Remember what kills a skunk is the publicity he gives himself!

Not going to do a state wide ranking because it's really pointless and a waste of time... Teams don't play and won't play each other so really couldn't see how you could accurately rank any of them in one ranking....

Now what I will do is rank the teams based on your so called point system then a ranking on the teams I think are clearly the better teams.

D2 based on points and schedule wins and losses

1)Woodbridge (not because I think they are the best team but because they started preseason number 1 and have not given a reason for them to fall)
2)Glasgow (ask yourself if they started number 1 could you find reason to move them down) answer is no so for me either one can make a claim for best team in d2) Woodbridge just had the benefit of being ranked #1
3)Milford
4)St.georges
5)DMA
6)Friends
7)Tatnall
8)Caravel
9)St.Marks
10) Delmar

The best teams my opinion after seeing most play

1)Glasgow
2)Woodbridge ( very solid team, very one dimensional though)
3)Milford
4)Caravel (If caravels Qb doesn't get hurt they would be ranked higher)
5)st. Georges
6)DMA
7)St. marks
8)Tatnall
9)Friends
10) St'es

Greatness is not measured by words, it is measured by results. Remember what kills a skunk is the publicity he gives himself!
well said
I bet he'd even put Glasgow ahead of the D1 top 5.

Just so we remember what hate really is:

noun
noun: hate
  1. 1.
    intense or passionate dislike.
    "feelings of hate and revenge"
[/QUOTE]

D1 rankings

Smyrna
Middletown
William Penn
Sallies
Concord

After that the teams are pretty even.... And the bottom half of that list I think any of the top 3-4 teams in D2 could compete and win their fair share of match ups with the bottom half of of the D1 list...Those top 5 would be tough but the difference isn't as massive as you guys make it seem... the penn vs st. Georges game is a good example... Same thing with the Smyrna -Howard game...

Personally I think a heathy caravel, a Glasgow, or Woodbridge could compete with majority of teams in the state regardless of division... Not saying they would win but darn sure wouldn't be a cakewalk for most d1 schools

LOL, I did not say you would have put Glasgow in top 5 D-1.

This is what my post about hate was in response to:

sportsguy302 said:

I put this as a reminder that this is just a BB and words like hate are pretty strong.

I wasn't coming at yoy Ikey ... I just hit reply instead of starting a new post. My bad
LOL, ok. I saw how it looked and just wanted to clarify it. I mean, I like a good argument as much as the next guy, but it almost looked like I was throwing gas on the fire. Please resume the regularly scheduled program. I am off to the Milford Community Parade.

Reactions: sportsguy302
My assessment on the situation. Glasgow may be overlooked, but part of that is due to the fact that for the last decade or so Glasgow has been riding the pine pony or so to speak. What have they accomplished except for the high grade point average, which is great but relating to on the field, not much. This could be the year they turn it around, which is great, good for them, and the community but the teams that are getting the recognition have been competitive year in and year out. I bet if you ask the Milford faithful how they feel, they'd feel the same way you are now.

Each team this season you can say has a signature win;m, Glasgow over Hodgson and Milford over DMA, but it's overlooked because of the debatable down years those two programs are having? Hodgson more so than DMA, the only reason we aren't hearing as much of the Milford win over DMA is because there are more northern posters than south or I bet they'd be complaining too for not getting the recognition for beating a team who is usually ranked top 5 in their respected division.

I could say the Smyrna faithful feels the same way you do last season, they didn't get the respect they deserved last year, and to be honest, why should they? They hadn't accomplished anything until the championship game, yeah they scored 50 on sallies but they still lost. NOW, they are the talk of the town because they showed everyone why they should be. I bet you, if Glasgow wins it all this year or even reaches the finals this year, next year will be a different story when it comes to respect.

Glasgow may have all the talent in the world but the assessment that was made earlier in the season as "anyone in the state" is what is holding everyone back from joining your side on the debate. A phrase I liked since hearing it..."some men just like to see the world burn" in this instance, the majority are giving you a hard time because it's fun banter. The situation will play itself out near the end and either you'll laugh last or not.

I am glad you point out the fact that they have been a mediocre team in flight A... Going 500 or 400 etc for the most part... Most teams that aren't Middletown, William penn, concord or sallies fall in that category in flight a... Newark was dominant for a time as well...the rest of the teams beat up on each other outside of those top 4 schools generally...Glasgow should have been dropped down to flight b many years ago....Now what you'll see is Hodgson and st. Georges now be those .400 or .500 schools as well playing in flight A... Glasgow typically has 35-45 kids a year (that's total- Jv, freshman and varsity) and were playing D1 against the big boys.... Many teams that have had the pleasure of playing in flight b would be medicore or worse if they had to play flight a as well... Caravel would be in the same boat.... Now if Ghigh had been in flight b no doubt they would have been contenders for the playoffs for most of those seasons as well

Most points scored :
Smyrna: 350
Glasgow: 278
Middletown: 265
Woodbridge: 242

Points against:
Woodbridge: 19
Glasgow: 26
Middletown: 30
Milford: 36

I don't think anyone is shocked GHS is winning this year nor shocked at some of the blow out wins particularly based on their schedule and with what they brought back and added in the off-season it was pretty much expected... I really don't think all that many would be shocked if they make the championship or even win it.. maybe some folks down south might being they dont know what they have and basing it on history

Last edited:
SN not sure what using points scored and given up really shows.. putting 66 on Seaford and putting 50+ on the likes of Mckean, Brandywine and Christiana isnt really saying much against teams like those it makes no difference if its 48 or 84 its just a matter of when you call the dogs off.. most teams are putting big number up vs those teams, the combine record of teams played is 8-27 folks are just saying the resume isnt there yet..make it to or win the ship then they will be believers but I doubt anyone will be shocked

Last edited:
Reactions: HSftballlaxFan
Sure it does..Says to me they are explosive and stingy on d... Pretty good formula
so is everyone else who plays those teams that isnt named Red Lion or St Andrews.. I get it you see them and see they have good athletes but there is no proof that they are going to be explosive and stingy vs good teams

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT