ADVERTISEMENT

Delmar vs Woodbridge for the south

SouthDude

Getting reps on JV
Oct 23, 2017
I have Delmar winning a close on 28-14. Turnovers will decide the outcome of this game. Both teams have a lot of speed so it will come down to line play. Woodbridge has a pretty much whole new line from last year, Delmar returns the whole offense and defensive lines, all veterans. Edge goes to Delmar.

It was always played on Thanksgiving Day until the mid 70s. Delmar/WB would play in the morning and Laurel/Seaford in the afternoon. Always was a big day for football in Sussex County.

Reactions: OTS-59
Delmar beat Milford. Milford beat Woodbridge. So logic says Delmar beats Woodbridge. But when does logic have anything to do with high school football, right?

I will be heading back down to Delmar this week to see how these kids handle a big game. I believe Delmar wins. After watching Friends play twice Woodbridge play Friends and Delmar play Milford three things stand out to me.

Delmar probably has the fastest overall team. It really shows up on D they swarm to the ball. Last week even when bowman broke loose a couple times he was tackled. I have seen bowman score on those exact break always multiple times this year. Not last week.

Delmar is bigger then listed a lot bigger. Don’t know if their roster weights and heights are not current on max preps but they are bigger then listed. Milford for some reason tried to run straight ahead over and over with limited to no success. They lost on both sides of the line of scrimmage.
And they have a MLB that hits like a truck

Brooks Parker is a Man amoung Boys. And plays Defense probably better then RB. He is side line to sign line on D. And showed break away speed at RB in the open field with bowman playing safety for Milford.

The Woodbridge friends game did not have that pop that athleticism displayed on the field. When we seen them earlier in the year. There were random players rotating in on Delmar that showed great speed and athleticism. Bowmen is all Milford had . And at times you could see him pull away from everyone but it was brief. Woodbridge has a great MLB number 44. But other then some above average speed at RB and WR I did not see the Woodbridge Everyone seems to talk about on this board.

I was pleasantly surprised last week at that game. Like I said in another post we came to watch bowmen , but came away impressed with Parker and Delmar. Better then that concord game from Saturday that wasted my time. If Woodbridge wins it I’ll be an upset or a spot that Delamar gets Out coached. Both unlikely in my opinion.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ikeyfbst2
For Delmar not to get in per Sean Greene, Delmar has to lose by 39
The 3 way tie scenario in the Hen South assumes that Lake is going to cooperate. If Lake beats Milford (Rivalry game - Battle of the Bell - anything can happen) then the winner of WB v Delmar gets the Hen South, point differential wouldn't come into play.

The Blue Hen 3 way tie scenario has one less variable. Since AI isn't playing, they can't end up with a 2nd conference loss as Milford could if Lake pulls the upset.

Delmar can't lose by 19. Pretty sure that's been confirmed.

Delmar +25
Bridge. -14
Milf -11

Bridge need to go up 14 to make it. 0 to 11 vs dm Once that happens milf is out of the tie break picture by 3 Bridge needs to beat dm by 11 more to tie it. That’s 26 points needed to tie for tie break

Not sure what Greene is thinking.. yeah DM is up 36 right now but every point WB goes up over DM subtracts a point form the point differential from DM

Last edited:
Woodbridge over Delmar 28-7
If Woodbridge could only score once on that Milford D I would be very surprised if they could score more then once on Delmar. Looking back at a lot of post on this board It’s obvious most of you have not seen this team in person. I’m sure the coach’s for WB are very aware of this D. I honestly am struggling to think this will be a competitive game after witnessing the Milford game. But I’m hoping for a close one so I will say 14 to 7 Delmar wins

Delmar 35-21. Can't add anything to the football analysis previously posted but will say that Woodbridge just wasn't themselves vs Milford. They were off kilter from the very beginning so it wasn't anything Milford did (other than keep pounding with Bowman and controlling the lines to make sure the Raiders never could get it together). Will be interesting to see if that WB team shows up, or the one that played against St Marks that was running on all cylinders. Either way I think Delmar wins though. Hoping for a well played game that will make it worth freezing my #*+@ off to watch in person.

Delmar 35-21. Can't add anything to the football analysis previously posted but will say that Woodbridge just wasn't themselves vs Milford. They were off kilter from the very beginning so it wasn't anything Milford did (other than keep pounding with Bowman and controlling the lines to make sure the Raiders never could get it together). Will be interesting to see if that WB team shows up, or the one that played against St Marks that was running on all cylinders. Either way I think Delmar wins though. Hoping for a well played game that will make it worth freezing my #*+@ off to watch in person.
Yes, why is it that Old Man Winter picked this Friday to show up?

RR - ha ha, not sure who they were that night, some version of the Bad News Bears of football? I enjoy 302 sports but not much beats an in person Delmar/WB game, esp when its this big. Ikey - agree! Love "football" weather but Fridays forecast is more like dead of winter temps. Will be interesting to see if that makes a difference in quality of play (no excuse, just saying).

RR - ha ha, not sure who they were that night, some version of the Bad News Bears of football? I enjoy 302 sports but not much beats an in person Delmar/WB game, esp when its this big. Ikey - agree! Love "football" weather but Fridays forecast is more like dead of winter temps. Will be interesting to see if that makes a difference in quality of play (no excuse, just saying).
It will certainly make a few of those big hits expected a bit more jarring. Delmar was very good handling the ball last week, would expect the same this week. While the offensive game plan for Milford was very simplistic, Delmar defensive front manhandled the Bucs and I am not sure a better game plan would have made much of a difference. WB was very flat against Milford, it happens. Doubt they will come out flat tomorrow.

I think that this one will be closer than the Milford game. Woodbridge has more speed as a team there is a ton of tradition in this game. Still think Delmar wins by at least 2 tds.

On another note, still don't understand how people can rank DMA over Delmar. Head scratcher. Look at the one common opponent. Its not even close!!

Another lie. I have said on many occasions all the mistakes ECA/Red Lion has made as well as Caravel. You choose not to acknowledge them because it doesn’t fit your agenda. SD your true colors are starting to show. Rizzo part deux

was actually wondering where rizzo has been, cant believe all the posts about Delmar the last couple of weeks and no rizzo...i was thinking southdude has a rizzo edge

I think the results of this game will shock everyone. I’m hoping for a close one since it’s going to be freezing. But I won’t be surprised to be Leaving early. I will say after spending the majority of the year up norh that the three best teams in D2 are in the south. Friends is close. But DMA Saint Marks A.I. those teams cannot compete with Milford Delmar and Woodbridge. Even tho DMA best Milford if you watched the game you realize that bad breaks for Milford contributed to the loss. It will be a shame if all three south teams don’t make it in

Reactions: Ikeyfbst2
Don't forget that Delmar has one of the best coaches in the state he will have them well prepared.

I said in the beginning of the season. The south has risen again. The 3 are better than all the north qualifiers. Unfortunately none will play caravel. Hopefully some will schedule caravel next year.

Reactions: 84rider
The good news about kids having off Friday, is that all the redneck hunters can go deer hunting pretty much all day and not have to worry about being in school by 9am!

The good news about kids having off Friday, is that all the redneck hunters can go deer hunting pretty much all day and not have to worry about being in school by 9am!
If Delmar has a bunch of kids getting up at 4am to hunt on the day of the biggest game of their high school career then they will probably lose. That’s a betting mans edge lol

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT