ADVERTISEMENT

Delmar Vs. Woodbridge

SouthDude

Getting reps on JV
Oct 23, 2017
I got Delmar winning 28-21. Delmar seems to be playing better in every area and Woodbridge seems to have hit a wall. Delmar Takes the south....

Reactions: Titanium Shadow
I got Delmar winning 28-21. Delmar seems to be playing better in every area and Woodbridge seems to have hit a wall. Delmar Takes the south....

Woodbridge seems to have hit a wall? That’s a stretch considering that they are 9-0 & have only given up a total of 7 points (184-7) their last 5 games.

Reactions: 84rider
Woodbridge seems to have hit a wall? That’s a stretch considering that they are 9-0 & have only given up a total of 7 points (184-7) their last 5 games.
Struggled vs a bad Laurel Team, Sqeaked by Lake, Delmar Destroyed both teams, Hence the wall comment.

Struggled vs a bad Laurel Team, Sqeaked by Lake, Delmar Destroyed both teams, Hence the wall comment.
We shall see Friday night, I think Woodbridge will win by at least two scores. Its all about matchups....you can't compare what teams did against common opponents....the same Lake team that lost to Delmar also beat a Friends team that shut Delmar out....its all about who comes to play that night but talent wise, all around I give Woodbridge the nod.

Last edited:
Fixin to be a good ole fashion sussex county throwdown. Question is what is Bell and Hearn gonna bring out of the cellar. Somethin both teams havent seen. Kinda reminds me of the good ole Annexation of Puerto Rico when Zolteck rumbles and stumbles down the field, utilizing the hook and ladder to Junior, and finally to Berman, then BOOM Little Giants upset!

Reactions: Chill44
After reading this thread I think people have forgotten that Woodbridge is still dealing with the death of Troy Haynes, Jr. (former Raider QB that died of cancer earlier in the season). This is hard for an adult to deal with but these kids have played like troopers. Plus the Raiders Spiritual Coach Shawn Willey assed a couple of weeks ago. Its a lot for those kids to deal with in a short perod of time. Just my opinion.

After reading this thread I think people have forgotten that Woodbridge is still dealing with the death of Troy Haynes, Jr. (former Raider QB that died of cancer earlier in the season). This is hard for an adult to deal with but these kids have played like troopers. Plus the Raiders Spiritual Coach Shawn Willey assed a couple of weeks ago. Its a lot for those kids to deal with in a short perod of time. Just my opinion.

This has always been my opinion as well. This season, this YEAR, has been a lot to ask of 14 to 18 year old kids. The emotional gas tank runs empty at some point. It might be Friday, it might be the first round, it might be the championship game, who knows. I will say if the Bridge goes 12-1/13-0 and repeats under these circumstances, then it's a top 5 single season in the state tournament era. Maybe of all time.

We shall see Friday night, I think Woodbridge will win by at least two scores. Its all about matchups....you can't compare what teams did against common opponents....the same Lake team that lost to Delmar also beat a Friends team that shut Delmar out....its all about who comes to play that night but talent wise, all around I give Woodbridge the nod.
Matchups??? what matchups are you talking about. And my whole point is that Delmar is Playing its best ball and Woodbridge is not.

Picked Delmar the past couple of years but it’s Woodbridge this year. Either way they are both solid teams that will make a run at the championship.

The Woodbridge and Laurel game anymore is a bigger rivalry than Delmar and Seaford used to be. Especially Since Ennis went back to Woodbridge after getting shafted by Laurel....IMHO

Matchups??? what matchups are you talking about. And my whole point is that Delmar is Playing its best ball and Woodbridge is not.
Just matchups period! Some teams just matchup better against certain offensive or defensive schemes for example: Delmar didn’t matchup well vs Friends and lost.... Lake had a better plan for Friends and won....common denominator is friends; anybody predicting the Lake vs Delmar game based off of how they both played friend would say Lake would beat Delmar, BUT Delmar won. And Woodbridge is 9-0....just beat a good Lake team 21-0....playing pretty good to me... I’m hoping for a good game Friday but we will see

If you think Woodbridge defense is giving up 4 touchdown to Delmar yours crazy they only gave up 4 TD and 4 FG the entire year while Delmar gave up some big points 35,47,27,21,19 this year and only shut down weak teams like seaford and laurel

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT