ADVERTISEMENT

DMA

zappa3

Tackles too high
Jul 20, 2006
So DMA with the biggest two-way lineman (and linemen) in D2 and maybe in the state, and easily the best overall player in D2 gets trounced yet again in the opening round of the playoffs.

For all the hoopla surrounding a program that's players physically workout as part of the school curriculum, the team has yet to even win a playoff game in its history...They've come a long way over the past 5-6 years, but to be honest, the squad they had this year should have accomplished more.

Fellas remember nonstop was doing all the trash talking, I don’t believe it was the DMA football team so remember a solid group of young men lost last night.. not one player was in charge of the schedule or nonstops mouth, I enjoy bashing nonstop but the student athletes played their butts of last night.

Correction DMA has won 1 playoff game. The year before last or last year not sure. But it was only one they have had. Curious if people were calling for coaches head last night?

Fairly predictable O, and no defensive adjustments made (in the eyes of the casual observer). Once that first option hit you knew more were coming and every time the pitch man was completely unaccounted for.

On O, I just have to wonder why not get under center and pound the rock between the tackles of that huge line, while looking to get outside with toss or opening some lanes with some misdirection type counter/scissors stuff. Operating out of the gun with Allene 7-8 yards deep just wouldn’t be my top choice.

Reactions: ravensrooster2
Correction DMA has won 1 playoff game. The year before last or last year not sure. But it was only one they have had. Curious if people were calling for coaches head last night?
not according to their own records.... not knocking the kids by any means

They lost to the best team in DII last night . I’m not going to bury them for that . They should’ve been playing Tower Hill or a real 8 seed.

Give Delmar the credit. They played great and Hearn does an awesome job .

Delmar vs Caravel would’ve been a great game. Just saying .

Fellas remember nonstop was doing all the trash talking, I don’t believe it was the DMA football team so remember a solid group of young men lost last night.. not one player was in charge of the schedule or nonstops mouth, I enjoy bashing nonstop but the student athletes played their butts of last night.
Gentlemen, also click on 7nonstop's name and see all of his posts. He started posting as a delmar fan and then changed to DMA. A childhood friend has a kid at DMA and told me this. He's just trying to make DMA look bad. He's a delmar fan.

the officials were clearly biased in delmars favor, plus there was a bad headcold going around dma, also not an excuse but the qbs gf broke up with him.

Reactions: Dukedog1
Gentlemen, also click on 7nonstop's name and see all of his posts. He started posting as a delmar fan and then changed to DMA. A childhood friend has a kid at DMA and told me this. He's just trying to make DMA look bad. He's a delmar fan.

Not gonna lie, I though I remembered NonStop use to post about Delmar but thought maybe it was a different name or something. Not a good look as a Delmar fan.

Delmar’s offense for last 20 plus years: double dive, dive option, play action. The problem for everyone is when the horses are in the stable that offense is hard to stop.

Yep. Delmar's gonna line up and shove it down your throat until they can find a soft spot in the zone and you're toast. Happened to many a good football program in this state, no shame in it. Dave Hearn and Delmar are a fantastic program.

They lost to the best team in DII last night . I’m not going to bury them for that . They should’ve been playing Tower Hill or a real 8 seed.

Give Delmar the credit. They played great and Hearn does an awesome job .

Delmar vs Caravel would’ve been a great game. Just saying .
Caravel vrs, DMA

DMA too skeert.. been that way for awhile..DMA gave up a cushy field deal to avoid playing Caravel true talk Then crying to DIAA and Concord AD over CA playing them.. lol funny thing is even if CA beat Concord they wouldnt have reached the playoffs.. CA ended with 34 and if they beat Concord they would have had 36 38 was the cut off.. even if SC would have beaten CR giving CA 1 more bonus point they still would have not made it with 37 Concord got screwed out of a 10th game in the whole ordeal CA just got screwed of a home game and the gate as well as a 2 game contract with Concord next year but no DMA was so skeert at the remote possibility CA might get in they threw a fit... Then Delmar jacked them up anyway lol

Last edited:
DMA too skeert.. been that way for awhile..DMA gave up a cushy field deal to avoid playing Caravel true talk Then crying to DIAA and Concord AD over CA playing them.. lol funny thing is even if CA beat Concord they wouldnt have reached the playoffs.. CA ended with 34 and if they beat Concord they would have had 36 38 was the cut off.. even if SC would have beaten CR giving CA 1 more bonus point they still would have not made it with 37 Concord got screwed out of a 10th game in the whole ordeal CA just got screwed of a home game and the gate as well as a 2 game contract with Concord next year but no DMA was so skeert at the remote possibility CA might get in they threw a fit... Then Delmar jacked them up anyway lol
Who said We were "crying to the DIAA"?

DMA was a middle of the road HS team this year with an easy schedule.As I said before good job by AD and Head Coach for making schedule getting Charter to jump ship and FSMA to jump to Varsity football before they were ready. This year’s team was a shell of last years with Alleyne leading the way as the only offensive threat and them searching to find a QB which they never settled on and rotated two players.

Their offense was unimaginative. No passing game. And couldn’t defending the option properly when Delmar went 23 personnel and once Delmar hit them with a couple of big pitches, DMAs D opened up and Delmar gutted them with the dive.

Only team DMA probably could have dominated was TH but after seeing them defend Delmar that single wings have given them fits

DMA got Charter to jump ship ?

DMA offense wasn’t that bad considering they didn’t have a real option at QB. They did what they could to get their best player involved . They had size but lacked at the skill positions .

Tower Hill stinks. DMA would’ve crushed them. Hell St. Marks would’ve pounded the Hillers. Friends took it easy on them.

DMA has never won a playoff game. And have been in playoffs 3 times. Ryan likes to keep easy schedule to get into playoffs. Where as Av played tough teams like Sallies. Not a fan of Ryan and his favors for friends. But the kids played their hearts out

Very disappointing game Friday night. the play calling was abysmal, he puts players in his system, not molding his system to his players. Alleyene is a great talent, but a 150lb player shouldn't be running between the tackles as much as he does. no adjustments were made and it showed. DMA was out coached in the 2nd half big time. I feel bad for the players, esp the seniors, great group of kids that were left hanging by a bad coaching job in a big HOME game. Hell the JV and freshmen play calling is a TON more creative than the varsity... they spread it out, do some misdirection etc. to me they're totally not using alleyene properly and its a shame. he is one of the best players in the state.

whats the story with ryan? i keep hearing stuff but don't know what is fact from fiction.

Reactions: D1DLine
DMA played a great game, Delmar was just better. I don't think its coaching or creativity. There other skill players were just not that fast. The only one that could get any yards on that team vs a good defense was #1. They will be fine and they will get better.

Reactions: fanoffootball123
I'm not sure DMA played a great game but I just think Delmar is that much better than them. The best team won that game Friday night.

As far as all the criticism of Ryan and the DMA offense goes I don't really get it. Not saying I love the offense but I get what they were trying to do. DMA had a major size advantage over Delmar. In theory that means you should be able to run the ball between the tackles. You weren't going to beat them to the outside consistently even though Alleyne is quick. The DMA passing attack looked bad. The design was bad and the execution wasn't much better. Not sure they have the QB or skill positions to throw much anyway. The bottom line is DMA should've been able to run the ball effectively but their line got outplayed by a smaller, quicker, scrappy Delmar defense. The Delmar offense just had too much speed for DMA...plain and simple.

After watching that game it was even more evident on just how ridiculous the seeding is. Delmar as a #8 seed is just plain stupid. Delmar is the best team in DII and will smoke AI this coming weekend. The only team that can beat Delmar is Caravel and they didn't make it.

Delmar sells out against the run. It is there MO. You had single coverage on most pass plays and you saw trader capitalize on that one his interception. They will try to put 8 in the box if they can and blitz you with that 44 defense. When Delmar is hot they are hot. Right now they are smoking

So honestly I’m the only one probably posting on here that understands why we lost. And yes in theroy we are bigger and have been bigger then everyone all year. Our line Has driven every team off the ball and goten to the linebackers to create lanes for Corahn. We run a very complex blocking system and our line is the strength of the team. So what happened?
Other then the second series when I thought we would just run over them all game we never got the push or were able to get to the backers. Delmars Defenseive line are not tall but they were big and fast, and strong. Plus played some of the best technique we have seen. And before any of you question this that’s is word for word coming from someone that was in the game. They brought a safety up in the box, and we never got up to the next level of the d to block them consistently. So Delmars backers ran free to make plays. The runs we Had inside after the first quarter were just Corahn being that good. Coaches should have went to the edge more or thrown more screens. We did that once all game . Or just thrown the ball more
On Defensive we dominated the line of scrimmage most of the game. And this was clearly our edge. The dives and traps we had, but There were some major breakdowns On the option, and all week they talked about holding trader in the pocket. Maybe we got tired, idk seemed to me that they clearly just had more speed. It showed as the game went on. And the trader boy is going to be a star. For a freshman to play like he has on both sides of the ball is amazing.
So that’s that , and I will be back to my regular trolling ways after this post. Delmar is a hell of a well coached team and should not have been the 8th seed. They should win the title unless they can’t defend the pass next week. Good game.

DMA played a great game, Delmar was just better. I don't think its coaching or creativity. There other skill players were just not that fast. The only one that could get any yards on that team vs a good defense was #1. They will be fine and they will get better.
Real talk props

I could tell you plenty... but without revealing who my son was it would be difficult and again it was just our experience. Just don't depend on him to help your kid... we were lucky, he didn't coach our son till his senior year.
I tell you who your son is jawan morrow

DMA has never won a playoff game. And have been in playoffs 3 times. Ryan likes to keep easy schedule to get into playoffs. Where as Av played tough teams like Sallies. Not a fan of Ryan and his favors for friends. But the kids played their hearts out
Their basketball schedule is the toughest in the state, ne to Sallies

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT