ADVERTISEMENT

FNL SEMI FINAL SCORES

Great win SC, Peace is pissed, just like any athlete in any sport at almost any level but this to shall pass !

Peace JR he has next year,, McGee however didnt live up to the hype IMO Not really McGee fault though Dovers O system sucks..

Keep it to HS football please.

You might be right

Keep it on the down low.

SC and WB won tonight . Let’s focus on that. So much to discuss.

Ridiculous stuff . All week we will have to hear that north/south crap. I love southern Delaware. Have a place down there and might relocate there at some point . But man they hate us up here. It’s hilarious. A state that you can drive from top to bottom in 2 hours and people acting like we live in different worlds . So funny.

Seriously though Wells is a good coach and glad to see him and SC in finals. And I will be rooting for Henlopen South in DII although my main residence is in NCC County. You won’t find any Sussex County folks ever supporting a team from above the canal.

well I am not from here and could care less about N v S ,, I just like how this years Central team plays,, so I am a believer.. I think they have that same belief in each other and team like the Cape lax team did a few years back when they took down the unbeatable Sals lax monster

Last edited:
Reactions: Uncle Bumfuzzled
Ridiculous stuff . All week we will have to hear that north/south crap. I love southern Delaware. Have a place down there and might relocate there at some point . But man they hate us up here. It’s hilarious. A state that you can drive from top to bottom in 2 hours and people acting like we live in different worlds . So funny.

Seriously though Wells is a good coach and glad to see him and SC in finals. And I will be rooting for Henlopen South in DII although my main residence is in NCC County. You won’t find any Sussex County folks ever supporting a team from above the canal.

I don't know if hate is the right word. But Sussex County is much more spread out and contains small towns where most people know each other. Not just in their town, but in towns all across the largest geographical county in the state. I think it is more about people down south rooting for schools they have been playing with or against for generations. They know the coaches and the players and the families, so it is natural to root for people you have known a large portion of you life as opposed to people you have never met.

JMHO

I don't know if hate is the right word. But Sussex County is much more spread out and contains small towns where most people know each other. Not just in their town, but in towns all across the largest geographical county in the state. I think it is more about people down south rooting for schools they have been playing with or against for generations. They know the coaches and the players and the families, so it is natural to root for people you have known a large portion of you life as opposed to people you have never met.

JMHO

Great point, Ikey. In Kent and Sussex there is more of a sense of community.. HS FB teams are more associated with the towns and the local community. Therefore, when you root for the team you are rooting for your community.

Salesianum has that kind of thing because of their religious affiliation, tradition and loyal alumni.

Last edited:
Reactions: 84rider
Central made the halftime adjustments and Dover did not. That was the difference in the game. SC gives up 0 first downs on roughly 13 plays in the second half. Hats off to coaching staff for keeping the team together after a rough first half. Incredible ending to a hard fought game.

Reactions: Ikeyfbst2
Was watching the Dover/Central and for a while I thought Dover was gonna run away with this game. Central had no answer for Peace. He was clearly the better player on the field but like one poster said, one player can't win you games. At least not playoff ones. For years there has been wise cracks about Central coach John Wells and how he should be fired/retired but from what I saw last night is a coach who made great second half adjustments and followed up containing Dovers playmakers.

Magee, great athlete and QB, was consistently in distress and had very little time to make his reads. And when he couldn't he would take off running, but running the wrong way. I would love to see his stat sheet on lost yardage. At some point you have to wake up and realize it's a busted play, so throw the ball away.

Centrals D looked exposed in the 20 minutes, but they tightened up and didn't allow a first down the entire second half which was the defense we havevall heard about through out the season.

It seemed to me that once Dover couldn't play their style of ball they started doing what we all know them to which Is get undiscipline and start pointing fingers and arguing amongst themselves. Itbwas happening back in 7on7 and it still is happening (oh no not another 7on7 reference, really)

Both teams are solid teams and Is like to extend my congratulations to both of them on a great season.

HOWEVER, the title is going back to upstate. Hodgsons defense has the athletes to play with anyone, and the speed. Their size up front on both sides of the line is bigger than what Central or Dover has.

I've seen Sallies Watkins 3 times this season, the 1st two he didn't show me anything impressive, the 3rd time he shit on all my remarks about him and I'd be foolish to bet against him. The kid runs hard, with great seperation, and if you try to tackle him he carries you another 10 yards. DiNardos system may be old and out dated but with the right personnel, it's a championship system. Watkins reminds me of Middletowns Jamar Baynard (Wesley Running back) or maybe more of Colby Reeder. He's dangerous. So whoever wins today's game should be the favorite to beat Central. And I'll go as far as 2-3 touchdowns

Reactions: FootballguyDE
Was watching the Dover/Central and for a while I thought Dover was gonna run away with this game. Central had no answer for Peace. He was clearly the better player on the field but like one poster said, one player can't win you games. At least not playoff ones. For years there has been wise cracks about Central coach John Wells and how he should be fired/retired but from what I saw last night is a coach who made great second half adjustments and followed up containing Dovers playmakers.

Magee, great athlete and QB, was consistently in distress and had very little time to make his reads. And when he couldn't he would take off running, but running the wrong way. I would love to see his stat sheet on lost yardage. At some point you have to wake up and realize it's a busted play, so throw the ball away.

Centrals D looked exposed in the 20 minutes, but they tightened up and didn't allow a first down the entire second half which was the defense we havevall heard about through out the season.

It seemed to me that once Dover couldn't play their style of ball they started doing what we all know them to which Is get undiscipline and start pointing fingers and arguing amongst themselves. Itbwas happening back in 7on7 and it still is happening (oh no not another 7on7 reference, really)

Both teams are solid teams and Is like to extend my congratulations to both of them on a great season.

HOWEVER, the title is going back to upstate. Hodgsons defense has the athletes to play with anyone, and the speed. Their size up front on both sides of the line is bigger than what Central or Dover has.

I've seen Sallies Watkins 3 times this season, the 1st two he didn't show me anything impressive, the 3rd time he shit on all my remarks about him and I'd be foolish to bet against him. The kid runs hard, with great seperation, and if you try to tackle him he carries you another 10 yards. DiNardos system may be old and out dated but with the right personnel, it's a championship system. Watkins reminds me of Middletowns Jamar Baynard (Wesley Running back) or maybe more of Colby Reeder. He's dangerous. So whoever wins today's game should be the favorite to beat Central. And I'll go as far as 2-3 touchdowns

What size on Hodgson?

Lol!! We’ll find out if Woodbridge is 4 touchdowns better than the SPL!! Lmfaoooooo!! That’s why they play it ON THE FIELD fellas!!

Lol!! We’ll find out if Woodbridge is 4 touchdowns better than the SPL!! Lmfaoooooo!! That’s why they play it ON THE FIELD fellas!!
It wouldn’t be no SPL in the finals if the matchups was different that’s all I’m saying but it will get settled on the field

Dover played themselves out of that championship game. Don’t look past that 4th and 1 stop that the refs moved the chains before measuring and couldn’t or wouldn’t move the chains back to make the measurement. Or the fact that Dover caused 2 fumbles and the refs didnt give them the turnover possession. Or even the fact that Dover clearly ripped the ball out of the SC rb before he fell to the ground and then there was an inadvertent whistle to blow the play dead on the SC sideline; Oo and the refs didn’t redo the play even though there was an inadvertent whistle. Not blaming the refs! But something strange was happening out there. Dover was clearly the better team but SC played their butts off as well. Hats off to SC.

Reactions: 1stStateRealist
Delmar 2 banged up. they would have struggled vs TH or friends. Woodbridge is hitting on all cylinders, but I still think friends will beat them. Just like they did last game. Woodbridge still struggles on special teams, cant make an extra point half the time.

Dover was not clearly the better team Friday night. They ripped off a long touchdown on a blown play 3 plays into the game that set the tone for first half. SC hung around and did what they had to do to keep it close. Central made the adjustments at halftime and came out and played the style of defense that they played with all year. Dover ran 13 plays and 0 first downs in the second half. That is how you dominant a team.

Reactions: youjustme
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT