ADVERTISEMENT

Football Officials

Nov 14, 2017
It seems as if the officials are still responsible for bad calls, non calls, etc. . Apparently, are blind, stink, give certain teams “hometown cooking”, the list goes on. There many cases of officials showing the “worst” case people have seen in numerous years, and let’s not forget the many sets of knee pads that are used. It’s basically a marathon showing of Monday morning quarterback of how the officials are crap, or lost the game, shouldn’t have thrown this or thrown that.

With that all being said, in reference to the Delmar/WB incident where the qb was ejected. Here is the verbatim rule on what renders an ejection:
Rule 9(Conduct of Players)
Section 4(Illegal Personal Contact)
Article 3
No player or non player shall:
j. Strike an opponent with his fist, locked hands, forearm or elbow, nor kick or knee him/her.
The penalty:
fighting, intentionally contacting a game official, striking, kicking or kneeing - 15yds and disqualification.

Now, I’m sure there will be people to dissect this and turn it, twist it, do whatever to make their case. The truth of the matter is, whether you like it or not, the offical(s) that pulled the flag and ejected the kid, regardless if he is a model student or not, by rule, he’s disqualified.

Disclaimer:
If officials are doing such a terrible job at keeping the game in an orderly manner, then I’m almost positive that if you approached them, they’d be more than inviting to have you join them. I know, I know, there are some that shouldn’t be on the field. Well, all I can say to that is, they are man enough to take the field and do such a thankless job. So, before you go bashing officials, see about becoming one. You may have a different respect for those who have enough guts to do such a thing.

Good luck to all teams involved, including the team in black and white.

I understand your position and I appreciate the time and effort that officials/referees/umpires put into all of our sports programs

BUT as long as sports have been played you guys are gonna get bashed no matter what the level of play is ie..nfl,college, high school and flag football.

SO rather than trying to vindicate yourself except that it is and will always be this way, it’s as much a part of the game as any other part. Pleading your case on a public forum will do nothing but make you more of a target

Once again thank you for your support

41y5lcSwFnL.jpg

Officials have a thankless job most of us don't want to do, and I'm grateful for those who do the job well. The majority of them do it to the best of their ability with no agenda. However, we have all either coached, played in and/or witnessed games where certain officials seem to choose to call one side differently than the other. Whether that is intentional or unintentional bias only they can say. In reference to the rule noted above, if it was followed strictly verbatim in every game there would be ejections every week. Would Woodbridge have won last week if some calls weren't made against them, or if others were called on Delmar that weren't? Who knows. The best teams play well enough to overcome every obstacle and they didn't. So thank you to the officials who really try to do a good job (even if you aren't always perfect), and for those who don't, please find something else to do.

Reactions: 84rider
I never like hearing the excuse of : If you don't think the officials are doing a good enough job then go grab a whistle. That's not the point. I personally couldn't do what they do and I have zero interest in doing it.

I don't think the officiating is that bad though. Good teams overcome bad calls.

I understand your position and I appreciate the time and effort that officials/referees/umpires put into all of our sports programs

BUT as long as sports have been played you guys are gonna get bashed no matter what the level of play is ie..nfl,college, high school and flag football.

SO rather than trying to vindicate yourself except that it is and will always be this way, it’s as much a part of the game as any other part. Pleading your case on a public forum will do nothing but make you more of a target

Last edited:
You’re absolutely right, heckling an official is a huge part of the game. Those who do it have very thick skin, so to speak to be able to do a job like that. No one is trying to vindicate anything or anyone, but when it’s constantly being repeated about how bad the officials are, I figured it was time to stand up for those who don’t speak. And as far as having a guilty conscience, I’m sure there are plenty of constructive criticism conversations throughout the season

You’re absolutely right, heckling an official is a huge part of the game. Those who do it have very thick skin, so to speak to be able to do a job like that. No one is trying to vindicate anything or anyone, but when it’s constantly being repeated about how bad the officials are, I figured it was time to stand up for those who don’t speak. And as far as having a guilty conscience, I’m sure there are plenty of constructive criticism conversations throughout the season
Hern Or the Refs can’t help them this Friday unless they play line. We are about to run over all of them 75- 0 DMA

Reactions: spartakos
I’ve heard plenty of good thingns about that team, I’ve never made it down to see them play, so I’m excited for Friday. So, good luck to you my friend. That’s a strong prediction with going against of the winningest coaches in Delaware.

so, if you agree and you said "you're absolutely right,heckling an official is a huge part of the game" why do you feel the need to " stand up for those who don't speak".........instead of standing up, explain to "those" that heckling is just a huge part of the game. obviously you are standing up for yourself, hence a guilty conscience, just saying....you opened up the can of worms

so, if you agree and you said "you're absolutely right,heckling an official is a huge part of the game" why do you feel the need to " stand up for those who don't speak".........instead of standing up, explain to "those" that heckling is just a huge part of the game. obviously you are standing up for yourself, hence a guilty conscience, just saying....you opened up the can of worms

stripes of men, let me ask you specifically, did you eject the wb qb?? jk, but to reference your first post here, i watched the video multiple times i didn’t see anyone get struck! did anyone else see it differently??

So what's your take on the blind side block/targeting non call on Parker in the Delmar Woodbridge game?

Just from listening to coaches it sounds like the state made it clear before the season they were emphasizing that as targeting. But I've yet to hear anything official. Assuming you are a ref...

runningman12001, just to make things clear, I am not nor have I ever been an official. I will tell you what I am though, that’s a Sgt. in the United States Military.
With that being said, Bully pulpit,I was told from one of the officials on the field that the qb in fact, did strike with his hand as he was getting up from the tackle. Of course everyone is trying to see it on the YouTube feed blah, blah, blah. . officials aren’t just going to throw someone out of a game for no apparent reason.
whodey00, DIAA has emphasized blindside blocking as well targeting/defenseless player. Again, one of the crew members said to me, the block was within boundaries of being legal. It seems as if the entire focus is on the three calls/non calls. It’s a super tough call to make regardless where it happened on the field.

runningman12001, just to make things clear, I am not nor have I ever been an official. I will tell you what I am though, that’s a Sgt. in the United States Military.
With that being said, Bully pulpit,I was told from one of the officials on the field that the qb in fact, did strike with his hand as he was getting up from the tackle. Of course everyone is trying to see it on the YouTube feed blah, blah, blah. . officials aren’t just going to throw someone out of a game for no apparent reason.
whodey00, DIAA has emphasized blindside blocking as well targeting/defenseless player. Again, one of the crew members said to me, the block was within boundaries of being legal. It seems as if the entire focus is on the three calls/non calls. It’s a super tough call to make regardless where it happened on the field.

thank you for your service, its greatly appreciated, for someone who is Sgt in the United States Military lol glad you didnt say you are a comrade in the Russian Military, you seem to be well informed on the officiating rules and seem to have first or maybe second hand knowledge of the delmar/bridge scenario, seems fishy to me sarge

Reactions: runningman12001
Adjustment to blindside block rule this season is that if defensive player is not looking in direction which block is coming from the said blocker must perform block on said defensive play with open hand. A forceful block and/or launch into block is a personal foul penalty and subject for ejection for targeting at the discretion of the official

Adjustment to blindside block rule this season is that if defensive player is not looking in direction which block is coming from the said blocker must perform block on said defensive play with open hand. A forceful block and/or launch into block is a personal foul penalty and subject for ejection for targeting at the discretion of the official

And that's exactly what happened. Right in front of the ref. Luckily, Delmar didn't lose Parker but they easily could have.

Was surprised Parker didn't get more attention/testing from the trainer after he got up looking so woozy given today's focus on concussion protocol.

The trainer at Delmar is one of the best in the state. The coaches and parents value and respect his ability to make the correct decisions for the safety of our athletes. When he says a player cannot play they do not play. No questions asked as he will stand by his decision.

Reactions: JMoxon4 and 84rider

371_FAB0_C_3_E69_49_EA_A049_FA3973_FABA43.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT