ADVERTISEMENT

G. KNIGHTS vs SALS Predictions/Thoughts...Please Be Serious...Thank you!

You are all underrating SC defense. They won’t allow sals to run. BDN called a horrible game plan vs hodgson, no creativity. Sals are 1 dimensional.

Nothing against the kids, they are all talented. But this one will come down to SC stacking NINE, yes NINE in the box.

Reactions: BackinBlack86
Yes...that is what makes this very intriguing. SC defense might be a once a decade kind of D (WHS '71, MDT '12). Hey, it's BDN and the BIg S. "the Sals are who we thought they were."

You are all underrating SC defense. They won’t allow sals to run. BDN called a horrible game plan vs hodgson, no creativity. Sals are 1 dimensional.
Nothing against the kids, they are all talented. But this one will come down to SC stacking NINE, yes NINE in the box.

Reactions: 84rider

Doubtful Watkins will run through anything and probably run for 200 yards and atleast 2 TDs

This is Tech's defense this Saturday

1*3dqdRL1f2UqnTUJZgjMtNw.png

Maybe, but the SC defense isn’t quite that Syrmna defense ‍

your right .. its allot better.. That Smyrna D averaged 17 pts against including giving up 76 to Sals earlier in the year and 32 to Mt P in the playoffs. That Smyrna D was not good vs pass at all.. If Sals went to throwing the second half they would have won that game IMO

This years SC D is averaging giving up 5.6 with the most being 26 pts game 1 vs HVT @ HVT 10:30 in the am

I am looking forward to the match up.. SC is definitely smaller but they are quick and swarm to the ball like gnats. Big linemen seem to have an issue getting their hands on them. I bet Sals O line has very tight splits this game.. At least that is what I would do as SC dinemen like to get off quick and shoot the gaps and being small and quick its been working and causing havoc in their opponents back field.

Hard to pick a winner here its like a rec game in the sense it would be a like a unlimited weight team playing a pop warner weight restricted team.. Ive seen the match-up before and the pop warner teams cause problems for line man of the unlimited weight teams due to their speed and quickness up front... just a thought

Last edited:
Personally, I think Watkins is more explosive than Reeder was. He’s also only a junior which is scary.

I was talking more in terms of straight ahead power..running into wall and moving the pile. Also Reeder ran Sals to championship as a sophomore..

Last edited:
I was talking more in terms of straight ahead power..running into wall and moving the pile. Also Reeder ran Sals to championship as a sophomore..

I believe the reeder who “ran” them to the championship was the 3 star senior line backer committed to penn state but seems like the sals STILL produce some “big ballers” half their team is sophomores

Ask the 2 massive tackles from Sussex Tech how well they did against the smaller line from SC.

I believe the reeder who “ran” them to the championship was the 3 star senior line backer committed to penn state but seems like the sals STILL produce some “big ballers” half their team is sophomores

oops your correct I got my Reeder years crossed.. lol but I was talking about Troy not Colby in the Reeder v Watkins comparison but yes it was Colby Smyrna stuffed the box and cut the lead blockers to stop in the ship.. In that case I agree with the poster above Watkins may be a better running back than CR its pretty close though..Watkins should have a huge SR year as well....

oops your correct I got my Reeder years crossed.. lol but I was talking about Troy not Colby in the Reeder v Watkins comparison but yes it was Colby Smyrna stuffed the box and cut the lead blockers to stop in the ship.. In that case I agree with the poster above Watkins may be a better running back than CR its pretty close though..Watkins should have a huge SR year as well....
With a couple exceptions, Sallies is relatively small along the lines as well. I have not seen SC though....fingers crossed the rain holds off until after the game

With a couple exceptions, Sallies is relatively small along the lines as well. I have not seen SC though....fingers crossed the rain holds off until after the game

SC has skill position players on D-Line.. They look like they all could play DB or OLB lol

Colby reeder was the best sals back since the kid who played for west Chester and 3rd or 4th best they’ve ever had.

1 McLain (Notre Dame)
2 viscount
3/4 reeder kilpatrick pick your poison I’d personally rather have reeder

Sals and SC met in pre-season. Sals won, though that means little. I wonder which team has improved more since that informal meeting?

The sophomore heavy team that clobbered MT and took away SC's chance at revenge over previously undefeated HVT?

The team that rallied to come from behind over Dover?

We will know in a day and a half.

watkins pretty much a north/south downhill runner? I cannot imagine someone just pounding through nine man fronts like that. i think i might go actually watch this one.

Reactions: LowerSlower77
watkins pretty much a north/south downhill runner? I cannot imagine someone just pounding through nine man fronts like that. i think i might go actually watch this one.
Exactly! The SC staff should watch the 2015 chip and how Smyrna effectively shut down a worn down reeder. Watkins should be fresher than reeder however. BDN will have to get creative, he cannot put his head in the sand and just run the same 3 plays vs. a 9 man front. Look for watkins wildcat?

Exactly! The SC staff should watch the 2015 chip and how Smyrna effectively shut down a worn down reeder. Watkins should be fresher than reeder however. BDN will have to get creative, he cannot put his head in the sand and just run the same 3 plays vs. a 9 man front. Look for watkins wildcat?
Watkins doesn’t care if it’s an 11 man front he’s going to run right through it like he has been doing all season. Kid is a beast will have 200 yards and an offer from UD after this game.

Watkins doesn’t care if it’s an 11 man front he’s going to run right through it like he has been doing all season. Kid is a beast will have 200 yards and an offer from UD after this game.
I just disagree. This defense is different.

13-7 SC marks my words, and don’t be shocked is sals scores on a pass.

And before I’m called a sals/watkins hater, I was saying this kid is the best Rb in the state months ago, and I’m pulling for sals. Had 2 nephews play there

Superman vs The Golden Knights.. hopefully Central has some kryptonite or they have no chance lol

supermanfb-149943.png

Last edited:
There are some interesting predictions here. That a team is or isn't due of course is only sentimental, does not provide basis for a prediction. On paper Maxpreps has Salesianum ~ 350 spots up nationally.

The intangible piece here is that the freshman team gave up only 6 points last year. The guys from that team are either leaders/all conference or a beating up on the leaders in practice. This is the first of 3 championship appearances in a row for the Sallies boys. Lets have part 2 of the discussion next year.

31-21 Sallies

aaahhhhh yeah, ok and ahhhhhh well ahhhhhhh, crickets......don't mess with St Augustine, just saying of course

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT