ADVERTISEMENT

GAMES TODAY - Monday May 21, 2018

oldskool42

In the weight room getting big
Apr 30, 2012
Gonna be a crazy finish with games scheduled Monday and Tuesday but looking like rain for Tuesday.

As I see it the following teams are in for sure - 24 Spots….WP, Appo,Hodgson, St G, Friends, St Marks, Sallies, Caravel, Delmar, Cape, DMA, IR…most likely Concord, Mtown, RLCA, Archmere, Delmarva, St Andrews,

That leaves about 6 spots for teams like CR, Dover, Poly, Central, Tech, St E, Newark Charter, Conrad, and a Flight B champ if they are over .500 (Bwine, Mt P)

MONDAY

Mt P @ Bwine. This is for the Flight B championship..BUT they must finish with a win/loss record .500 or better to get into tourney. Mt P is 7-9 and must win this game and MUST play and win the St E game on Tuesday. If Bwine wins they will be in with the Flight B championship and guaranteed .500 or better record. If Bwine (8-7) loses they have a very very slight chance of getting in still but doubtful. Bwine has wone 3 straight games to get them above .500. Mt P has won 4 straight to get themselves hopeful.

Dover @ DMA. DMA is in as Diamond St Champion. Dover is probably in but a loss here could make things tight. Dover finishes Tuesday with Newark Charter.

Tower @ Charter. Charter is out, but Tower at 8-8 finishes with Charter and Dickinson and could make things interesting if they get two wins to finish at 10-8.

Caravel @ Mtown. Caravel is in and Mtown is most likely in already especially if this game gets played since Mtown will get another 2 pts even if they lose (5 pts if they win). Caravel is on a 6 game win streak while Mtown has lost 4 of its last 6 games.

St Marks @ Cape. Could be a championship preview??? It’s a shame this game is being played this week as I don’t know how much either team will go 100% since both are in the tourney and already highly seeded.

Newark Charter @ Delcastle. Not the game of the day, but Newark Charter (9-7) is on the bubble and needs this win. They are scheduled to play Dover on Tuesday.

Archmere @ Poly. Arch is 11-6 and probably in regardless of this outcome but a win would seal it. Poly at 10-7 is possibly in but also a win would probably seal it for them.

TUESDAY (weather permitting)

RLCA @ Lake. RLCA is probably in but a win here would seal it.

Newark Charter @ Dover. I’m betting both will be in prior to this game, but if its played the winner will be and the loser will get a bonus point.

DMA @ Hodgson. Both already in…if its played will help with seeding win or lose.

St G @ Conrad. St G is already in but RLCA is on the bubble.

TH @ Dickinson. TH needs the points to be considered.

Glasgow @ Newark. Glasgow needs the points to be considered.

AI @ Charter. AI at 7-9 must play and win its last two to even be considered.

ST E @ Mt P. Mt P may be desperate for the win if they win on Monday. St E must play and win to get into tourney.

Delmar @ CR. This could be a great game of two teams possibly on the bubble. Delmar has lost two of its last 3 to put its playoff hopes in jeopardy. CR has lost 5 of its last 6 games to put its tourney in jeopardy.

Forecast calls for scattered thunderstorms in New Castle County tomorrow, so today could be the last shot for a few teams. Plenty of good games to choose from.

From my previous posts, Delmarva Christian may be on the outside looking in since they are 12-4 with 2 wins coming vs Holly Grove Christian and St. Thomas More who both played less than 12 games though more were scheduled. If those 2 wins are vacated, they would not have played the minimum number of games for the tournament (16). St Andrews has turned down playoff bids in the past so who knows if they are in or out.

Appo 6-0 over Woodbridge...Boudin, Carrier and Keene combined on the shutout...nice offensive days by Hoffman, Fields and Kukawski.

Caravel #1
St Marks #2
William Penn #3
Cape Henlopen #4

I think this is the top four teams with points. But William Penn could fall to 4 because of not playing CR. Rumor is CR ducked them.

Caravel #1
St Marks #2
William Penn #3
Cape Henlopen #4

I think this is the top four teams with points. But William Penn could fall to 4 because of not playing CR. Rumor is CR ducked them.
“No transportation” is what I heard. BS IMO.
Were given the option to play Penn yesterday at Appo while WB played Appo. Like I said, hats off to WB for doing what they did.

If CR played WP and lost, it would gave them bonus points, much needed bonus points. Know the rules before you say stupid things you actually know nothing about. Not playing yesterday hurt CR not WP.

“No transportation” is what I heard. BS IMO.
Were given the option to play Penn yesterday at Appo while WB played Appo. Like I said, hats off to WB for doing what they did.
Not true. CR was supposed to play WP on Appo JV field ….. But CR was told the field was not playable yesterday . CR did not duck them whatsoever. Transportation was never an issue and a made up rumor. Nice try.

Reactions: 84rider
If CR played WP and lost, it would gave them bonus points, much needed bonus points. Know the rules before you say stupid things you actually know nothing about. Not playing yesterday hurt CR not WP.

i don't know anything about transportation or the JV field and doubt anyone is ducking anyone, but i do know that loss to Penn is only worth 2 points and would lower their index. so it would hurt a team on the edge, plus having to burn up arms you might need Thursday

i don't know anything about transportation or the JV field and doubt anyone is ducking anyone, but i do know that loss to Penn is only worth 2 points and would lower their index. so it would hurt a team on the edge, plus having to burn up arms you might need Thursday
The Appo JV was unplayable yesterday, probably due to the outfield being a swamp. The varsity field is one of the best in the state (except for the walk to it and no dugouts) had some small spots in the outfield were it was a little soggy but playable and caused no issues.

I stand corrected, you are right.....

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT