ADVERTISEMENT

Jeff Mullen's 2016 Delaware High School Football Predictions Week #8

Explain to me how teams like Caravel, St Marks and Tatnall chances at playoffs
If St Marks loses to Sallies are they done Is Tatnall in and can Caravel still lose to Cape and still make it And Personally i don't think Howard will make it still do not think they are a good team

Reactions: runningman12001
Howard cant make it unless they win out and Caravel loses to Cape and HVT and some other upsets happen.. Caravel gets in even if they lose to Cape but just has to beat HVT and Capitol Christian..Tatnall will get in if they win out which looks likely.. Delmar is there but they would have to beat Woodbridge or Milford and Tatnall lose to Conrad)only team that has any shot to beat them.. Tower Hill can get in by beating Conrad and Friends.. That could put 3 SPL teams in and knock CA out if CA doesn't pull all the projected bonus points.. Tower Hill best case is 3.33 index CA can get 3.4 with bonus pts if they lose to Cape and win out but bonus point teams cannot get upset

Last edited:
Howard cant make it unless they win out and Caravel loses to Cape and HVT and some other upsets happen.. Caravel gets in even if they lose to Cape but just has to beat HVT and Capitol Christian..Tatnall will get in if they win out which looks likely.. Delmar is there but they would have to beat Woodbridge or Milford and Tatnall lose to Conrad)only team that has any shot to beat them.. Tower Hill can get in by beating Conrad and Friends.. That could put 3 SPL teams in and knock CA out if CA doesn't pull all the projected bonus points.. Tower Hill best case is 3.33 index CA can get 3.4 with bonus pts if they lose to Cape and win out but bonus point teams cannot get upset
The Howard team that started the year against Archmere was awful. If that team shows up again they're toast.

Reactions: spartakos
Keep in mind these are projections and assumptions based off who should win.. That doesn't always happen..Teams with nothing to lose are always dangerous

The Howard team that started the year against Archmere was awful. If that team shows up again they're toast.
I have the same concerns about HVT,, They have a history of playing better late in the season,, They may have no shot at playoffs but they would have no problem playing spoiler for CA and taking home the BYB trophy..

Reactions: runningman12001
Henlopen South is all boiling down to the final 3 weeks as Woodbridge, Milford, and Delmar all are undefeated in conference. Milford vs. Woodbridge this week, Milford vs. Delmar in Week 9, and Delmar vs. Woodbridge in Week 10.

I could have made an error with bonus points, but my figuring CA's chances:

Need to win at Cape (get to 38pts). If not CA ends with 33pt= 3.30p/g. Tower Hill ends with 29 or 30pts/9 games = 3.22 or 3.33 (if Perkiomen (PA) gets to 7 wins on their extremely weak schedule.). Would be odd if a PA team ranked #10,480+ decides Delaware D2 #8 seed. :p

Will St Marks still make it if they lose to Sallies

If St Marks beats HVT and St E and loses to Sals they would have 27.. The most bonus they can get is 5 if DMA and St Georges go 9-1 and Sals gets 7 wins.. That puts them at 32 or 3.2.. not going to be enough unless some major upsets happen.

Will St Marks still make it if they lose to Sallies

I don't want to alarm clone nation but if it holds to form St Marks will probably beat The Slowskys in that last game. It is strange but there have been a few years when the Slowskys are on their way to the tournament and St. Marks upsets them.

In 2007 there was the 21-20 debacle. Then there was the famous 11/11/11 game where the Slowskys had a nice lead and St Marks turns it on and wins by 11...led by a QB who wore #11. (Click, clack we're gonna wear black.) In 2014, St. Marks upsets them at Baynard one more time for old times sake.

But we are getting ahead of ourselves. My sense is that the Slowskys get bulllied by William Penn on Friday night. That would give them 2 losses in their last 3 games and keep them out of the tournament. OK. I'm done.

I don't want to alarm clone nation but if it holds to form St Marks will probably beat The Slowskys in that last game. It is strange but there have been a few years when the Slowskys are on their way to the tournament and St. Marks upsets them.

In 2007 there was the 21-20 debacle. Then there was the famous 11/11/11 game where the Slowskys had a nice lead and St Marks turns it on and wins by 11...led by a QB who wore #11. (Click, clack we're gonna wear black.) In 2014, St. Marks upsets them at Baynard one more time for old times sake.

But we are getting ahead of ourselves. My sense is that the Slowskys get bulllied by William Penn on Friday night. That would give them 2 losses in their last 3 games and keep them out of the tournament. OK. I'm done.

Uncle Bumny; STM wins every four years or so. Go back and look in the record. I really like Jokn wilson as a coach but this isn't their year.

Uncle Bumny; STM wins every four years or so. Go back and look in the record. I really like Jokn wilson as a coach but this isn't their year.

I don't disagree, dovetail, but in the 3 games I mentioned Salesianum had better talent on the field. That had to be painful to their loyal fans. Of course, those fans might call it quits after the Penn game tomorrow night.
Penn's defense is so solid at the moment they may hang a shutout on the Slowskys.

I don't disagree, dovetail, but in the 3 games I mentioned Salesianum had better talent on the field. That had to be painful to their loyal fans. Of course, those fans might call it quits after the Penn game tomorrow night.
Penn's defense is so solid at the moment they may hang a shutout on the Slowskys.

From what I saw Penn can't pass their way out of a wet paper bag. The Sals can if they want to. Nine in the box like they did with Concord and Gynnn burns them. Concord simply isn't that good with or without Roberts. A goal line stand saved Penn last Saturday and you know it, I respect you old friend, but this time...

you can follow the action of the Woodbridge-Milford game on ESPN 930 AM & 104.1 FM. The home of Milford HS football.

Big test for the dragons as they will be without their starting QB tonight who was injured in the first half of last weeks game vs Lake Forest and didn't return. Word is he will not be playing tonight. Dragons will be fine though but game is even more interesting now. Back up is more than capable and dragons should still be able to handle Howard. Some big games all over the state tonight... enjoy!

Reactions: Ikeyfbst2

Friday, October 28th

49 Middletown at Appo 14 ~ 48-8 About what I thought

27 Mount Pleasant at AI DuPont 28 ~ 46-29 A little surprised

21 Howard at Glasgow 28 ~ 14-18 About what I thought

42 St. Elizabeth at Red Lion Christian 14 ~ 47-13 Almost got it

7 Caesar Rodney at Smyrna 50 ~ 28-64 Surprised by CR scoring 28

49 Sussex Central at Polytech 7 ~ 49-14 Almost got it

35 Sussex Tech at Dover 34 ~ 44-26 I thought Dover would've made it closer

28 Indian River at Delmar 35 ~ 24-47 Delmar O had a good night

20 Milford at Woodbridge 21 ~ 8-39 Is Milford not who we thought they were?

20 Caravel at Cape Henlopen 21 ~ 14-7 I knew this would be very close

14 Conrad Science at Tower Hill 28 ~ 50-54 A lot more Offense than I thought

20 William Penn at Salesianum 21 ~ 21-14 I thought this would be very close

42 Tatnall at McKean 7 ~ 50-8 Almost got it

~~~

Saturday October 29th

49 Concord at Wilmington Charter 7 ~ 42-6 Almost got it

28 Newark at Delcastle 7 ~ 49-30 Alot more offense than I thought

21 Dickinson at Christiana 20 ~ 14-28

42 St. Georges at Brandywine 7 ~ 51-22

14 Seaford at Lake Forest 35 ~ 6-58

49 Wilmington Friends at St. Andrew's 7 ~ 41-0 Close