1. Howard at Glasgow!!
above the Canal
2. Milford at Woodbridge
below the Canal
3.Penn at Sallies
City showdown
I think Howard - Glasgow is a must see!

Reactions: Routing4theunderdog
Woodbrige and Milford... But i think Woodbrige wins at there house... Penn and Sallies.. Sallies wins close battle...

SALS win by 10 or more. I called the Concord win right when everyone else was wrong. I was right again. Watch the SALS take charge of Penn and the city rankings

Reactions: Uncle Bumfuzzled
SALS win by 10 or more. I called the Concord win right when everyone else was wrong. I was right again. Watch the SALS take charge of Penn and the city rankings

Eagle, logic me this. Smyrna 60-- Slowskys 26. That is a 34 point differential. Smyrna 56 - Howard 36. That is a 20 point differential. Not exactly great events for the city but Howard kept it closer.

Now, let me come clean. There are things I actually like about the Slowskys. They have improved and I like their offensive line even though they can be prone to some mistakes. Also, that power back who plays LB reminds me of Matt Snell. I was surprised at how well they played Concord without Drake (who got hurt in the Middletown game and according to my Intel missed the Dover game.) They might need him to beat a more athletic, quicker, faster, stronger, more intense team like Penn.

Eagle, what if the Howard Wildcats go down to Glagow Friday night and win and the Slowskys lose to Penn? Look, if the Slowskys win and the Wildcats lose the Slowskys are in line for the prestigious City title unless, of course, the Silk Panty Hillers go to the D2 finals.

The season has a ways to go. We shouldn't count our chickens yet.

Eagle, logic me this. Smyrna 60-- Slowskys 26. That is a 34 point differential. Smyrna 56 - Howard 36. That is a 20 point differential. Not exactly great events for the city but Howard kept it closer.

Now, let me come clean. There are things I actually like about the Slowskys. They have improved and I like their offensive line even though they can be prone to some mistakes. Also, that power back who plays LB reminds me of Matt Snell. I was surprised at how well they played Concord without Drake (who got hurt in the Middletown game and according to my Intel missed the Dover game.) They might need him to beat a more athletic, quicker, faster, stronger, more intense team like Penn.

Eagle, what if the Howard Wildcats go down to Glagow Friday night and win and the Slowskys lose to Penn? Look, if the Slowskys win and the Wildcats lose the Slowskys are in line for the prestigious City title unless, of course, the Silk Panty Hillers go to the D2 finals.

I like urin alysis

Reactions: Uncle Bumfuzzled
hate to break it to you Bumster but the Hillers ain't making the dance.. Invitation got lost in the mail and they didn't RSVP in time

The math is against them. Last year, they got in and gave Howard a run for their money in the first round.
umm no they didn't .. Last year they were 7-3 and didn't get in.. Friends was 8-1 .. The 1 loss was to the Hillers 15-14 week 9 but Friends was the one who lost to Howard 20-15 1st round,, It was at Tower Hill's Stadium though.. The Hillers lost 30-16 to Howard the last week of the season not in the play-offs

Last edited:
Neither of these 3 teams entered the games correctly.. Playoff games are supposed to be in green...hell Freinds didn't even enter the score of their first playoff game wth? you would think these SPL'ers could handle something as simple as websiteforsports lol.. Howard yeah I get it

No big deal. I regularly doubt myself.
Speaking of Friends .....Coach Tattersall now has 289 victories at Friends. He has a shot at 300 next year. He is one of the all time greats.

No big deal. I regularly doubt myself.
Speaking of Friends .....Coach Tattersall now has 289 victories at Friends. He has a shot at 300 next year. He is one of the all time greats.
My favorite Tattersall moment was the playoff game against Howard back in 2008. He had the team ready for the same fake punt Howard had ran against Sallies earlier in the year. Everyone positioned correctly, yet Howard still converted. I watched four clipboards go flying in the air, it was wild. Friends would go on and win the game, then play an unnamed team, south of the canal the next week.

Reactions: Chesdel
My favorite Tattersall moment was the playoff game against Howard back in 2008. He had the team ready for the same fake punt Howard had ran against Sallies earlier in the year. Everyone positioned correctly, yet Howard still converted. I watched four clipboards go flying in the air, it was wild. Friends would go on and win the game, then play an unnamed team, south of the canal the next week.

Copied from Delaware Sports Hall of Fame Website...
Bob Tattersall

Bob Tattersall is one of those special coaches who wins games while also having lasting impact on his players. Tattersall has had a significant influence on many fathers and their sons at Wilmington Friends School: they’ve praised him as a coach and educator. Tattersall’s statistics are well known in Delaware athletics circles: most football wins in state history (283); one state championship (1984); three other state tournament appearances (the latest in 2014); 23 conference titles; seven undefeated regular seasons; 37-game winning streak, second longest in the state; two-time head coach in the Blue-Gold all-star game. Tattersall also won nine conference baseball championships in 24 seasons at Friends and two conference basketball titles in three seasons. After playing three sports at William Penn High, Tattersall played freshman football, basketball and baseball at the University of Delaware. He then played two years of varsity baseball. Tattersall began teaching and coaching at Friends School in 1966. He became the head football coach in 1968. In 2014, Friends was unbeaten in the regular season. Tattersall Field at Friends was named after him in 2011.

Reactions: Ikeyfbst2
I can tell you this. There was a large section of the boosters that wanted to invite the Friends team to a post game food and fellowship get together following that playoff game. Till this day, I think the invitation should have been extended.

I think folks forgot that Howard was down in that game 40-14. They scored garbage points when the game was a no contest.

@Bummy
whatcha doing up so early?
getting a little intel on the Clones?

Sparty, I am an early to bed, early to rise kind of guy.
Bummy has a Friday dilemma. Should he go to Howard - G High game or to the Clones- Colonial match?

Bummy is also getting sentimental. In a couple of weeks taking in the Tattersall 300th coaching victory would be good for the soul.

Of course, another decision is Election Day. Bummy may write in ikey for Pres and rr for veep.

Reactions: delawarenole
My sense is that G High will be fine this week. Based on all indicators the 11/11 showdown with St George's @ Glasgow will be for the Flight B Championship as both teams should be undefeated in conference.

Then it is on to the tourney.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT