ADVERTISEMENT

Lights at UD

APboy

moving up to Varsity
Aug 31, 2002
DIAA has the WB - Howard game listed at 6 pm on Saturday at UD. Temporary lights being brought in I assume? Who’s paying for that?

wake up rip van winkle its 2019 UD Stadium has had lights for awhile lol

fyi and Delaware Stadium history lesson of the day ..lol

Prior to the 2000 season, the university installed permanent lighting at the stadium, consisting of eight stanchions casting broadcast quality light. The first night game in Delaware Stadium history was played against The Citadel on September 9, 2000 with 22,075 in attendance.

Last edited:
wake up rip van winkle its 2019 UD Stadium has had lights for awhile lol

fyi and Delaware Stadium history lesson of the day ..lol

Prior to the 2000 season, the university installed permanent lighting at the stadium, consisting of eight stanchions casting broadcast quality light. The first night game in Delaware Stadium history was played against The Citadel on September 9, 2000 with 22,075 in attendance.
Sorry my man, but the stadium currently has no lights on the home side. Why do you think all their games were at 1 o’clock this season?! They brought in temp lights for the opener on 8/29, but could not do it any other game because of the construction going on.

Sorry my man, but the stadium currently has no lights on the home side. Why do you think all their games were at 1 o’clock this season?! They brought in temp lights for the opener on 8/29, but could not do it any other game because of the construction going on.

Bad BIB!
tenor.gif

Last edited:
A friend of mine said they are closing off one side of the stadium for construction.....is that true? Are they putting fans of both teams for both games on the same side?

A friend of mine said they are closing off one side of the stadium for construction.....is that true? Are they putting fans of both teams for both games on the same side?

Wouldnt surprise me, Back in 2010 HVT and Delmar fans were on the same side due to the other side of stadium being too icy... Takes away from the game IMO

Reactions: HSftballlaxFan
Wouldnt surprise me, Back in 2010 HVT and Delmar fans were on the same side due to the other side of stadium being too icy... Takes away from the game IMO

I was thinking the same. Apparently according to DIAA official. They are sectioning off the away stands at the 50 yard line, Middletown on one side with the north/south stands, and the other side with the other north/south stands. Then when it comes to the Delmar Howard game, the thing applies.

IMHO you’re just asking for trouble. It takes ones rowdy fan to cause problems. And then everyone’s experience is ruined. Not to mention, two years ago, Mtown/Smyrna filled the stadium up with just their game. Who says Hodgson/Mtown won’t do the same. And when you limit the stadium to 50% capacity you’re limiting the experience and seats.
This was poorly planned. Why couldn’t UD wait two more days and start construction on Monday after games are completed. This is why I miss the games being held at DelState on Friday and Saturday nights. This UD thing has been a pain in the ass since it begun.

but concerning your post, 2010, that was at DelState: UD didn’t start until 2013.

I was thinking the same. Apparently according to DIAA official. They are sectioning off the away stands at the 50 yard line, Middletown on one side with the north/south stands, and the other side with the other north/south stands. Then when it comes to the Delmar Howard game, the thing applies.

IMHO you’re just asking for trouble. It takes ones rowdy fan to cause problems. And then everyone’s experience is ruined. Not to mention, two years ago, Mtown/Smyrna filled the stadium up with just their game. Who says Hodgson/Mtown won’t do the same. And when you limit the stadium to 50% capacity you’re limiting the experience and seats.
This was poorly planned. Why couldn’t UD wait two more days and start construction on Monday after games are completed. This is why I miss the games being held at DelState on Friday and Saturday nights. This UD thing has been a pain in the ass since it begun.

but concerning your post, 2010, that was at DelState: UD didn’t start until 2013.

Correct 2010 was del state, I happened to be playing lol But you are also right about causing problems. We all know how some fans can be. Especially when a team starts losing. Its a shame these teams play all year and then get shafted during the title game with these kinds of issues.

Correct 2010 was del state, I happened to be playing lol But you are also right about causing problems. We all know how some fans can be. Especially when a team starts losing. Its a shame these teams play all year and then get shafted during the title game with these kinds of issues.

couldn’t agree more. Hopefully there isn’t many problems and we all can be treated to a memorable game that we all will talk about for years to come.

So the lower seeded teams will be on the Home side, but their fans are being forced to sit on the away side. DIAA is trash for letting this happen instead of moving it.

So the lower seeded teams will be on the Home side, but their fans are being forced to sit on the away side. DIAA is trash for letting this happen instead of moving it.

Where else could the games go? Nobody likes DSU and there's not a comparable size stadium in the state. Folks are probably hoping like hell the Ab and the Tub are done in time for next year's games.

I’d be happy with DelState if I were being honest. Not sure why they ever stopped doing it there to begin with

They couldn't control the crowd there and it got out of hand with the drinking and fighting..The time I went to a game there it felt cramped and the turf needs to be replaced (if they haven't since 2012) also doesn't it sell out and not everyone can go?

They couldn't control the crowd there and it got out of hand with the drinking and fighting..The time I went to a game there it felt cramped and the turf needs to be replaced (if they haven't since 2012) also doesn't it sell out and not everyone can go?
There is always the possibility drinking and crowd control anywhere. Honestly, I have always felt it was a good venue. Two different nights for good football. And at least the participating teams were allowed to use the "football" locker rooms not the ones for gym class.

Abessinio Stadium is not going to have enough capacity for the state championship. DelState seemed big enough the times I was there, but the most recent Division I games at UD have drawn more than DSU can seat. The biggest problem at DelState was the parking.

Also, my guess is that the seating restrictions are being imposed by UD. It may be a problem if fans who show up for the afternoon game decide to stay through the unified game for Division II. Do you tell them they have to move to another seat?

Reactions: 8484ron

This is really going to suck if it's true. Middletown can fill a side easily by itself. HTV probably 75%. I see a lot of pissed off people trying to find a decent seat. What happens if you have some people that stay for both games? The second game crowd really gets screwed. Poor poor poorrrr planning.

I went to Del State championship games 3 years. The stadium and seating itself are fine. Parking is awful!

Turf has been replaced.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT