ADVERTISEMENT

Playoff Predictions D1

@ravensrooster2 ... so how bad is Frys injury ?

I have no idea but as someone who had back problems in high school myself it is cumbersome I still have them today. Not debilitating but annoying I have no idea of Frys issue. Could be nothing could be a hindering thing he has to work around

Last edited:
I may not know much but I was on here 4 years ago about this same time talking about Smyrna making some noise and making a run and being a destination school with a power program. I was scoffed at, ridiculed and heard things like how about Smyrna having a winning record before any talk. Well low and behold they reeled off 3 straight titles but what the hell do I know
Hodgson doesn't have the geographic pool of talent that Smryna has. That can't sustain that type of consistency. Kids don't go to Hodgson to play sports. They will be up and down in D1 at best.

I may not know much but I was on here 4 years ago about this same time talking about Smyrna making some noise and making a run and being a destination school with a power program. I was scoffed at, ridiculed and heard things like how about Smyrna having a winning record before any talk. Well low and behold they reeled off 3 straight titles but what the hell do I know

RR.... So who is next?

I have no idea but as someone who had back problems in high school myself it is cumbersome I still have them today. Not disabilitating but annoying I have no idea of Frys issue. Could be nothing could be a hindering thing he has to work around like myself still today.
Hodgson doesn't have the geographic pool of talent that Smryna has. That can't sustain that type of consistency. Kids don't go to Hodgson to play sports. They will be up and down in D1 at best.
It was a great prediction on Smyrna's success though. Nice job on that.

RR.... So who is next?[/QUOTE

Sallies when they move on from BD and bring a guy in to run a modern system They have the money to hire a guy and the draw to attract players as well as the coffers for financial aide if needed They could be like Trinity Catholic and win 7 of 10 ships in DE easily and still hold onto their mission and traditions of the school

Anither program is Cape. Cape has the school, enrollment, and facilities to be a destination school down south. As proven by their lax and girls field hockey programs. Is Coach Maull the guy to make it happen? I don’t know I would have prefered a modern younger guy with a modern system to come in ala Smyrna but the guy did take a new school and made them a contender in D2 but couldn’t get the prize. His old school ball can win if you have Jimmys and joes and are coached up well but I think Cape will have to go the way of Smyrna and hire younge blood to become that destination school for football.

Last edited:
You are wrong about that. HVT rivals any D1 school in kids coming out for football. 80 to 12O kids per year The only D2 team to field a freshman team. School enrollment aside they have been in the fop 5 in the state for football enrollment for at least 10 years which is why Coach Moffett comes under fire as he should have won at least 7 state championships by now in some folks mind

In about 2 weeks time, the pieces will start to fall into place.

The MT/Smyrna opener will certain be interesting.

I find MT schedule interesting but bold.

Smyrna has a "bye" in week 3 which is interesting because last season they lost their first 2 and then went on roll to win all the way out.

I am ready to get this party started

I have been asking if Tech returned the lines I noticed last year. No one has answered but if they do I am taking Tech over Sallies. Just saying that and the days of everyone assuming Sallies will be good by reputation are kind of over. The Sallies way and coaching is long in the tooth. Do they have enough draw to be competitive and in the conversation yes but to be concerned about no

Reactions: Chill44 and Bucsnot
You are wrong about that. HVT rivals any D1 school in kids coming out for football. 80 to 12O kids per year The only D2 team to field a freshman team. School enrollment aside they have been in the fop 5 in the state for football enrollment for at least 10 years which is why Coach Moffett comes under fire as he should have won at least 7 state championships by now in some folks mind

I think because I like Coach Moffett as a person, I'm going to defend him and say it's kinda unfair because Caravel as you know RR had some great teams earlier this century and Concord's kids wanted to win for Coach K so bad they willed themselves to 3 state championships. Sandwiched around that was Delmar's dominance so when you win a couple of chips with a special talent like Buck Jones Jr., I think Moffett deserves a pass.

I don’t know anyone at the school, just talking to a friend in Florida that coaches hs football at Cardinal Gibbons, and mentioned that we had a team from Delaware that’s playing IMG this year. He said he heard that, but was told it’s not their traveling team players. He said they use a two deep roster for the travel team, and will give the players who don’t travel an opportunity to get good film.

They have schedules for both the blue and white team. Mtown is on the blue teams schedule. They will go to back ups early but they are scheduled to play their National team

They have schedules for both the blue and white team. Mtown is on the blue teams schedule. They will go to back ups early but they are scheduled to play their National team
I am not sure if it was blue or white but they destroyed the defending big school PA state champ Pine-Richland over the weekend. Pine-Rich is not as good as it was last year and their QB ended up at Notre Dame. I heard Pine-Rich maybe had a couple of first downs.
Good Luck M-Town. It will be a great experience.

The 2018 Varsity Blue high school football schedule:

• Aug. 17: Kickoff Classic: Columbia HS (Lake City, FL) - 7pm EST kickoff time
  • Aug. 24: Pine-Richland HS (Gibsonia, PA) - 7:30pm EST kickoff time
  • Aug. 31: Norland Senior HS: (Miami, FL) - 7pm EST kickoff time
  • Sep. 7: Liberty HS (Henderson, NV) - 10pm EST kickoff time
  • Sep. 15: St. John's College HS (Washington DC) - 1pm EST kickoff time
  • Sep. 21: Mater Dei HS (Santa Ana, CA) TBD kickoff time
  • Sep. 29: Miami Northwestern HS (Miami, FL) - 7pm EST kickoff time
  • Oct. 5: BYE
  • Oct. 12: Superior Collegiate HS (Clearwater, FL) - 7pm EST kickoff time
  • Oct. 20: Middletown HS (Middletown, DE) - 7pm EST kickoff time
  • Oct. 26: COF Academy (Columbus, OH) - 7pm EST kickoff time
  • Nov. 2: Hoover HS (Hoover, AL) - 7pm EST kickoff time

The 2018 Varsity White high school football schedule:

• Aug. 18: Kickoff Classic: Miami Christian (Miami, FL) - 7pm EST kickoff time
  • Aug. 24: Melbourne Central Catholic (Melbourne, FL) - TBD kickoff time
  • Aug. 31: Cardinal Mooney HS (Sarasota, FL) - TBD kickoff time
  • Sep. 7: Zephyr Hills Christian (Zephyr Hills, FL) - TBD kickoff time
  • Sep. 14: Orlando Christian Prep (Orlando, FL) - 7pm EST kickoff time
  • Sep. 21: BYE
  • Sep. 28: Bishop Verot HS (Ft. Myers, FL) - TBD kickoff time
  • Oct. 5: West Oaks Academy (Orlando, FL) - 7pm EST kickoff time
  • Oct. 13: Clearwater Academy International (Clearwater, FL) - TBD kickoff time
  • Oct. 19: Berkeley Prep (Tampa, FL) - 7pm EST kickoff time
  • Oct. 26: Calvary Christian HS (Clearwater, FL) - TBD kickoff time
  • Nov. 2: Nature Coast Tech (Brooksville, FL) - TBD kickoff time

I have been asking if Tech returned the lines I noticed last year. No one has answered but if they do I am taking Tech over Sallies. Just saying that and the days of everyone assuming Sallies will be good by reputation are kind of over. The Sallies way and coaching is long in the tooth. Do they have enough draw to be competitive and in the conversation yes but to be concerned about no

I know Tech lost a 2nd Team All state OT, but not sure if they lost anyone else. I am definitely curious why everyone is in LOVE with Tech this year though. New offense? or did just a lot of young guys play last year and people think they will benefit? Over the years Tech has played Sallies multiple times, but I do not think the score has ever been close, could be wrong.

Reactions: HSftballlaxFan
I know Tech lost a 2nd Team All state OT, but not sure if they lost anyone else. I am definitely curious why everyone is in LOVE with Tech this year though. New offense? or did just a lot of young guys play last year and people think they will benefit? Over the years Tech has played Sallies multiple times, but I do not think the score has ever been close, could be wrong.
I think Tech beat Sallies in the first round of the 2014? playoffs. Kani Kane had would be tacklers bouncing off him like pinballs off a flipper

Yea the did return their line

For anyone looking for the Cape turn around with Maull, just read something in the local paper how their defense got torn apart by the Hodgson offense in a scrimmage. It said how they felt like Hodgson gameplans for scrimmages whereas Cape does not, and the Eagles ran a spread offense and power ran right down the field on them. And Capes tackling was weak when Hodgson threw for short yardage but ended up being big gains.

They might be a year away from contending.

None of that is quoted lol. My own terminology haha

Reactions: ravensrooster2
For anyone looking for the Cape turn around with Maull, just read something in the local paper how their defense got torn apart by the Hodgson offense in a scrimmage. It said how they felt like Hodgson gameplans for scrimmages whereas Cape does not, and the Eagles ran a spread offense and power ran right down the field on them. And Capes tackling was weak when Hodgson threw for short yardage but ended up being big gains.

They might be a year away from contending.

None of that is quoted lol. My own terminology haha

Sussex Central looked the same way vs St. George's last week. I heard that a few of SC starters were out though.

Reactions: HSftballlaxFan
I know some say it doesn't mean anything but Hodgson and St. George's have been playing 7on7 all summer long which would explain (to me) why the scrimmages were so lopsided. Not so much in talent but team chemistry. Those guys have been in the weight room and practice for months. I do expect Cape and Central to be in the thick of things come weeks 8-9-10.

Question: with the exception of Smyrna, when was the last time a Henlopen North team has done anything come playoff time ?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT