ADVERTISEMENT

Playoff Predictions D1

The truth? Lol I must have missed "the truth" when they got shut out 29-0, and lost 24-8 against Hodgson last year. But maybe I'll see him this year. Lol

All jokes to the side....Penn will struggle to be .500 this year.

Last edited:

Lets put a name to this mysterious #40. I am all about kids busting on the scene shaking things up. Is he a transfer or a kid waiting in the wings who sprung up over the off season? Do tell. “The big “Quad O” ?

Lets put a name to this mysterious #40. I am all about kids busting on the scene shaking things up. Is he a transfer or a kid waiting in the wings who sprung up over the off season? Do tell. “The big “Quad O” ?
I don’t know what his name is and I might have his number wrong but he can go!

Footballguy.....no smyrna???? Why not? How do you see them fairing????
They’re not going to be close to as good as everyone thinks. Qb is a necessity for a school with Smyrna/Middletown type of system and Smyrna has an unknown. Have some great players but can’t win having just 2 or 3 great players with positions like lineman or linebacker

Last edited:
They’re not going to be close to as good as everyone thinks. Qb is a necessity for a school with Smyrna/Middletown type of system and Smyrna has an unknown. Have some great players but can’t win having just 2 or 3 great players with positions like lineman or linebacker
I don't think they may be a "good" as the last previous years, but they will be top 3 or 4 in the state. It's not about kids as much as it is about the system. The system works and it's not just because of Knight or Henderson ('15 & '16). The unknown QB is not bad by any measure (accuracy, arm strength, wheels, etc.) and has plenty of targets. RB Whaley would have been a dominant star on 99% of other teams last year. Some of you guys will have your eyes opened by mid season whether you admit it here or not. Any team graduating 17 or so starters from a championship team will step back a notch in talent and experience. But not so far to the the middle of the pack. Not with this coaching staff and system. There is a reason that 4-peats aren't run of the mill. It's hard to do. But I won't judge this team based on a championship or not. The program will be excellent because of...in case I didn't mention it enough...the system. Btw, a few great guys and a bunch of good guys can fair pretty well.

I still think it'll be Middletown and Smyrna at Delaware Stadium on December 1st. Not to say there can't be any surprises, but those are far and away the two most talented D1 teams.

I still think it'll be Middletown and Smyrna at Delaware Stadium on December 1st. Not to say there can't be any surprises, but those are far and away the two most talented D1 teams.
ROTG, Secretly, I think the same thing, but shhhh...don't tell anyone! I try to be humble before season starts, and even more humble at the end of the season (last three seasons anyway). I wouldn't mind seeing another team in the championships but I don't really know who has what this coming season. I keep thinking that it's time for Central to realize the potential they have had these past few years. Some of the kids that grew up at the same time as mine are seniors now. I always keep an eye on them.

If its the freshman from last year its #17 Aidan Sanchez.. listed at 6'2 165 this year

saw limited action last year 3 for 4 passing for 34 yards and rushed 3 times for 52 and a TD

http://wwwr.hudl.com/profile/10277084/Aidan-Sanchez

Based on the limited film he runs well and could be a threat running the ball. Hopefully they worked on that throwing motion and I am sure Marks has..

Last edited:
Reactions: Lazertron
I can’t give any rhyme or reason why, but I got a feeling that Hodgson will take Flight A this year, and meet up with either Smyrna or Tech in the championship.

I can’t give any rhyme or reason why, but I got a feeling that Hodgson will take Flight A this year, and meet up with either Smyrna or Tech in the championship.

I can see that happening. The only thing holding me back is the coaching staff failed to win in D2 with years of D1 numbers and talent except when they had Jones.

No way they beat Middletown. On top of that Smyrna and Sallie's are both out of their league. And Tech isn't touching Smyrna.

Why are you so sure 848? HVT is a semi finalist from last year and return virtually everybody. The other teams have major losses to graduation. Sallies isn’t scaring anyone this year and Tech returns hugelines and a tough back

Hodgson can be thrown on ... and MHS can throw / catch the football. They also lost their good DLinemen . Cavs will hang 50 on them

Reactions: 8484ron
Why are you so sure 848? HVT is a semi finalist from last year and return virtually everybody. The other teams have major losses to graduation. Sallies isn’t scaring anyone this year and Tech returns hugelines and a tough back
If you seen how Middletown competed with St. Frances last night you would know why I say that. On top of that when is the last time middMiddle lost to anyone besides Penn, Sallie's or Smyrna. Not happening this year either.

Reactions: Bucsnot
Middletown lost some major pieces on the line, Whitehead, and Edelin. Also, I think the current coach inherited some pieces from the DelPercio era that helped him get by. You could see in a few tough games last year that some of that DelPercio edge was gone as far as coaching goes. I think this year Moffett out coaches Blum. Also like RR stated, Hodgson returns a lot from their semi final playoff finish.

If you seen how Middletown competed with St. Frances last night you would know why I say that. On top of that when is the last time middMiddle lost to anyone besides Penn, Sallie's or Smyrna. Not happening this year either.
I think your jaded by a scrimmage game. One in which SFA knew they had a major advantage Just because MTowne players weren’t carted off the field is no indication they are DE champs. They may be but they go as Fry goes and Fry is injured.

Middletown lost some major pieces on the line, Whitehead, and Edelin. Also, I think the current coach inherited some pieces from the DelPercio era that helped him get by. You could see in a few tough games last year that some of that DelPercio edge was gone as far as coaching goes. I think this year Moffett out coaches Blum. Also like RR stated, Hodgson returns a lot from their semi final playoff finish.
I guess we shall see.

Reactions: A.I.Pride
Hodgson can be thrown on ... and MHS can throw / catch the football. They also lost their good DLinemen . Cavs will hang 50 on them

Mtown is not that efficient in their passing game. You saw that in the state last season against Smyrna and HVT can generate pressure on the QB

Reactions: ravensrooster2
I think your jaded by a scrimmage game. One in which SFA knew they had a major advantage Just because MTowne players weren’t carted off the field is no indication they are DE champs. They may be but they go as Fry goes and Fry is injured.
Same goes for Hodgson. They are half the team without Hale at RB. Middletown is never one dimensional. Look as far back as you want. You don't go to the championship game almost every year hinging your season on one player.

I may not know much but I was on here 4 years ago about this same time talking about Smyrna making some noise and making a run and being a destination school with a power program. I was scoffed at, ridiculed and heard things like how about Smyrna having a winning record before any talk. Well low and behold they reeled off 3 straight titles but what the hell do I know

Reactions: 8484ron
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT