ADVERTISEMENT

Rumored New University of Delaware Wemon's Basketball Coach

Justabasketballfan

Getting reps on JV
Mar 16, 2015
UD hires Georgetown University Lady Hoyas Coach Natasha Adair to be First Black Coach for the Lady Blue Hens. Alison Lewis from Sanford will be eligible to play for UD this coming season. What are you guys thoughts?

Saw Coach Adair and her team play Maryland three years ago, although they didn't have the horses to run with the Terps, she will definitely have UD running more of an up tempo style of play. I think Coach Adair will be good for UD women's basketball moving to a more modern style of play that was not there now. Although, I never got a chance to meet Coach Martin, I did get a chance to watch one of UD camps and talk to the staff. The big difference is that the women's game IMHO is at the beginning of a transition.

I see more and more elite athleticism is going to be a premium. Height will still be a major factor but now girls will have to be able to get up and down the floor, quick leapers and can shoot off the dribble. The days of girls who only have a set shot or who only got an offer because she was 6'2+ will slowly end. ala Gabby Williams - UCONN or Morgan Williams - Miss. State

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT