ADVERTISEMENT

Salesianum

DEfootballFan6

Getting reps on JV
Dec 1, 2021
Free agency is in full force for GDD & staff. Recruited Odell Teel from DMA he is enrolled at Sallies. They have contacted two players from Appo High School and another from Howard. Must be nice to pull kids from anywhere without needing to live in a feeder area unlike public schools that need families to lie to switch schools.

Free agency is in full force for GDD & staff. Recruited Odell Teel from DMA he is enrolled at Sallies. They have contacted two players from Appo High School and another from Howard. Must be nice to pull kids from anywhere without needing to live in a feeder area unlike public schools that need families to lie to switch schools.
Bummy has no knowledge about the student athlete in your first sentence. I did hear last summer that there was an Appo student athlete who was originally admitted to Sallies but didn‘t have transportation and continued in his interest. Heard nothing about a Howard student athlete.

Last edited:
I

Bummy has no knowledge about the student athlete in your first sentence. I did hear last summer that there was an Appo student athlete who was originally admitted to Sallies but didn‘t have transportation and continued in his interest. Heard nothing about a Howard student athlete.
Last year they only brought in 1 from DMA and 1 from St George’s. They had a late start with the new hire process

I personally dislike “recruiting” at the high school level. But how do you know that Sallies “contacted” any of these players?

I asked the question here in the form of a thread “how does recruiting actually work” and I got zero concrete answers. Just tons of conjecture and “my buddies buddy had a friend” type stories.

And I completely agree that privates and charters should be competing in their own conferences. It seems to me that privately run schools “without borders” have the advantage. I asked why that doesn’t happen in DE and didn’t get an answer either.

Public schools have no borders either. School Choice and all. I mean c'mon. Middletown, St George's and Smyrna have had kids from out of state come

Just going to have to face it. It's the times school choice Uber all. DIAA has no power to enforce transfer rules as they will lose any legal challenges. Same as Florida and anywhere else.

It's simple if a kid is enrolled in a school academically eligible the DIAA nor anyone else can void them from participating in any after school activity including sports. It been tried in the Supreme courts of many states now and the student/athlete has won every case

I personally dislike “recruiting” at the high school level. But how do you know that Sallies “contacted” any of these players?

I asked the question here in the form of a thread “how does recruiting actually work” and I got zero concrete answers. Just tons of conjecture and “my buddies buddy had a friend” type stories.

And I completely agree that privates and charters should be competing in their own conferences. It seems to me that privately run schools “without borders” have the advantage. I asked why that doesn’t happen in DE and didn’t get an answer either.
Waited to comment on this. Speculation is just that. Dudes want to go there now and will be that way going forward. Years past they did not have to recruit as everyone wanted to be there. It is and will be that way again. The better players in the state will want a shot to play in front of big crowds and a chip every year.
Go look and tap into whoever you want with what you think is going on at Sallies - they don't need to hide anything. Private school, it's that simple. Now you may not like it, however that is what it is. So ask why don't others do it. First, they don't have many factors, to support 'real sports'. I am not talking about participation trophy sports which is 75% of the football in the first state. Next dedication across the program and administration. Lastly - real funds. Stadium, uniforms, swag, tuition support, etc. Lastly - young men that know want to have the opportunity to play at the next level, will want to be where the eyes will be. General comment - ask someone outside of Delaware about HS football - first thing they think of is Sallies, them Middletown, Smyrna and some will remember Newark being good back in the day. All I am getting at, is that now they will come to them. They don't need to recruit. They have the funds, the staff, the dedication and the backing of the administration. Not saying they are going to win the next 10 state chips, not at all. They will however be in the running every year for it.
FYI - Never played there, family never played there, and when they do something that is BS - I will say it.
Peace and Love

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT