ADVERTISEMENT

Sals & the old Henlopen North

Uncle Bumfuzzled

D1AA Prospect
Sep 11, 2012
It is worth noting that the old Henny North has some nice football teams. Yes, Sussex Tech has moved to AA but in a real sense they have been replaced by the Sals. So, let’s look at this construct and how the current standings look as we move through the last 2 weeks….

1. Smyrna 4-0 (Cape, next week)
2. Sussex Central 3-1 (CR, next week)
3. Dover 3-1 (Sals, this week)
4. Salesianum 2-2 (Dover, this week)
5. Cape 1-3 (Smyrna, next week)
6, CR 0-4 (Sussex Central, next week)

It looks like the Sals may be trending to become the 4th best team in Henlopen North. Who da thunk it? What does it mean? Tomorrow’s game with Dover is compelling. If I am misguided, please help me out on this one.

It is worth noting that the old Henny North has some nice football teams. Yes, Sussex Tech has moved to AA but in a real sense they have been replaced by the Sals. So, let’s look at this construct and how the current standings look as we move through the last 2 weeks….

1. Smyrna 4-0 (Cape, next week)
2. Sussex Central 3-1 (CR, next week)
3. Dover 3-1 (Sals, this week)
4. Salesianum 2-2 (Dover, this week)
5. Cape 1-3 (Smyrna, next week)
6, CR 0-4 (Sussex Central, next week)

It looks like the Sals may be trending to become the 4th best team in Henlopen North. Who da thunk it? What does it mean? Tomorrow’s game with Dover is compelling. If I am misguided, please help me out on this one.

I would love to help Sir but I am confused to what this exercise is about. Didn't most the old Flight A play the old Henny North teams as well. Sans Middletown?

Bib, you are always a help. The Henny and Blue Hen rarely played each other until the state tourney started back in the day. Then the 2 conferences rarely played each other in OOC games. Of course, that has all changed in the last 25 years.

The purpose of my post was to remind the Sals faithful (if there are any) that Dover will probably beat them tonight and that the Sals have not impressed against the Henny teams. As a matter of fact, they had to wait until the last minute to beat the Cape.

(Realignment has been a gift to many of us.)

Bib, thanks for paying attention. Happy holiday season!

Last edited:
Bib, you are always a help. The Henny and Blue Hen rarely played each other until the state tourney started back in the day. Then the 2 conferences rarely played each other in OOC games. Of course, that has all changed in the last 25 years.

The purpose of my post was to remind the Sals faithful (if there are any) that Dover will probably beat them tonight and that the Sals have not impressed against the Henny teams. As a matter of fact, they had to wait until the last minute to beat the Cape.

(Realignment has been a gift to many of us.)

Bib, thanks for paying attention. Happy holiday season!
Sals Vs the Henolopen @ Home = Win
Sals Vs the Henolopen on the Road = Loss
Teams can’t handle the bus ride

Inside sources from the Big Sals reunion last night tell me all are looking forward to a very very bright future.
Of course! Who is saying the Sals FB program doesn't have a bright future? Love the QB. Hell when I was in 9th grade I was wondering how Santa got down the chimney.

Next year, the Big S has to replace that kicker and that end and that LB and a few other guys. They have a decent launching point from their tied for 3rd-4th place in the Henny North this year.

All the best.

6252f290151ab624c5dc5091.png

Reactions: 84rider
Of course! Who is saying the Sals FB program doesn't have a bright future? Love the QB. Hell when I was in 9th grade I was wondering how Santa got down the chimney.

Next year, the Big S has to replace that kicker and that end and that LB and a few other guys. They have a decent launching point from their tied for 3rd-4th place in the Henny North this year.

All the best.

Uncle Bummy, you know from your long history of Sals football that they reload every year. They always have a lot of seniors. There will never be another Collins but they always produce a very good kicking game. Interestingly though this year's edition has 9 freshman. Never seen that. In addition, the freshman team there is undefeated and given up just 14 points through 7 games. Big future and maybe, just maybe BDN will leave the stage. Fingers crossed....

Reactions: 84rider

All the best.

Uncle Bummy, you know from your long history of Sals football that they reload every year. They always have a lot of seniors. There will never be another Collins but they always produce a very good kicking game. Interestingly though this year's edition has 9 freshman. Never seen that. In addition, the freshman team there is undefeated and given up just 14 points through 7 games. Big future and maybe, just maybe BDN will leave the stage. Fingers crossed....

Sals freshman was undefeated until like the varsity…they got rolled by Smyrnas freshman team…I think it was 26-12….30-12? Something like that

Ok thanks I do remember coach Glenn so that would be the end of my recollection. Sals in those era were playing the top teams in Delaware , and always played tough OOS teams and faired very well! But at the time they came after BDN they were trying to keep Pace with Newark, Wm.Penn not to mention Middletown had beaten them Few times during their 97-2000 run before BDN left. I understand sometimes a change is needed and the new game may have passed the coach by. It’s also a reason why coaches groom coaches, I think the Sals will be dominant for sure but the coach coaches who is at the school.

It is my strong opinion that the game has not passed BDN by. In their current offense they run the ball effectively and have established the basis of a real passing game with a freshman QB. Their tackling and periodic slips in discipline still befuddles this old guy.

If you are a Sals fan you have to throw last year out the window. They were transitioning to a new offense and it was painful at times.

It’s odd because BDN always seems to dumb his offense down to where you would believe it’s basic running plays with few play action passes, that’s so far from truth. If you ask any of his former players , he may use 10 percent of all the plays they practiced. Just crazy to think but ………..

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT