ADVERTISEMENT

SAT or State Championship

Will say it's funny that UD couldn't make concessions for the state tournament, but it's their building and if they need it for UDance or whatever...is what it is.

Lets be honest.. Whole state of DE dont give a damn about basketball... Thats why scouts blow there horns and keep riding by DE.. Playing for a state title at 12.. Is very sad.. Shows you how State really cares about highschool basketball. ... 2nd most loved sport in USA behind football. But hey DE is still in stone age .. When it comes to basketball..

Lets be honest.. Whole state of DE dont give a damn about basketball... Thats why scouts blow there horns and keep riding by DE.. Playing for a state title at 12.. Is very sad.. Shows you how State really cares about highschool basketball. ... 2nd most loved sport in USA behind football. But hey DE is still in stone age .. When it comes to basketball..

I give a damn but I know what you mean. It is pretty bad. For the first half
of the St E's vs Caravel semi-final game, there were probably 500 people in the stands. Place filled in pretty good for the Sanford vs Smyrna game but it still wasn't even close to being full.

Championship at noon? COME ON MAN! Only in Delaware.That's an embarrassment.

I couldn't attend the final. What was the attendance?

Last edited:
I give a damn but I know what you mean. It is pretty bad. For the first half
of the St E's vs Caravel semi-final game, there were probably 500 people in the stands. Place filled in pretty good for the Sanford vs Smyrna game but it still wasn't even close to being full.

Championship at noon? COME ON MAN! Only in Delaware.That's pathetic.

I couldn't attend the final. What was the attendance?
2,400+. St. Elizabeth juniors were taking the SAT, but not public schools. I thought Smyrna students would show up in bigger numbers considering the size of the school.

Maybe the DIAA should look at doing the semis and finals Tuesday-Friday if they want all of the games at night. But they are at the mercy of UD for the availability of the Bob. With the 87ers moving out at some point, they will not pose a scheduling conflict.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT