ADVERTISEMENT

Sat Playoff scores

This weekend proves that the playoffs are a different season for a reason. AI was dominated by Howard just about 4 weeks ago, now they're in the semis after beating the Wildcats. Friends whupped Tower Hill just last week and squeaked by with a win today. And now, the main event. Woodbridge vs Delmar in two hours. Should be interesting.

And if Hodgson turns the ball over against Smyrna like they did against CR, they'll be back on Route 1 before they run out of Chick Fil A sandwiches down there.
I don't think it's fair that Delmar should have to play games on back to back nights.

If necessary we will play back-to-nights. I know it not football related, but congratulations to Delmar field hockey for winning the state championship today.

Thats like girl hockey right? Hockey played in skirts is kind of weird but hey I will watch

If necessary we will play back-to-nights. I know it not football related, but congratulations to Delmar field hockey for winning the state championship today.

I was there today in an official capacity and I have to say one thing about Delmar as a community, they are TURNT for their sports teams. I don't think a community in the state aside from Middletown and Smyrna is as crazy about their athletes as Delmar is about theirs

Also, even more not-football-related - two divisions in field hockey is silly Cape and Delmar were the best two teams by far, let them settle it on the field.

Of course they are TURNT for their HS sports teams.. There is nothing else going on.Well until the State Fair hits Harrington

Last edited:
The school is the heartbeat of our community.

The school is 35% percent of your population just saying lol I am not sure a HS should be a communities sole pride and joy. I would like to think what they produce and what they give to the economy would be but that is just me Dont get me wrong community support for their HS is huge and important but also should not be what the town is about beyond that In PA we had the steel mill workers kids and that is gone.. In WV we had the coal miners kids ..what is Delmar known for? I would assume farming but I could be wrong

Point being a community has to be about allot more than a HS football team,, Thats a hell of allot of pressure to put on those kids

Last edited:
The school is 35% percent of your population just saying lol I am not sure a HS should be a communities sole pride and joy. I would like to think what they produce and what they give to the economy would be but that is just me Dont get me wrong community support for their HS is huge and important but also should be what the town is about beyond that In PA we had the steel mill workers kids and that is gone.. In WV we had the coal miners kids ..what is Milford known for? I would assume farming but I could be wrong

Point being a community has to be about allot more than a HS football team,, Thats a hell of allot of pressure to put on those kids
Milford Delaware, home of former governor Ruth Ann Minner. There, put that one in your spank bank Sparty.

Reactions: DevilDog9962
IKEY? say it isnt so

cheer8250.jpg

I was there today in an official capacity and I have to say one thing about Delmar as a community, they are TURNT for their sports teams. I don't think a community in the state aside from Middletown and Smyrna is as crazy about their athletes as Delmar is about theirs

Also, even more not-football-related - two divisions in field hockey is silly Cape and Delmar were the best two teams by far, let them settle it on the field.
They did. Delmar beat the 6-2..

The school is 35% percent of your population just saying lol I am not sure a HS should be a communities sole pride and joy. I would like to think what they produce and what they give to the economy would be but that is just me Dont get me wrong community support for their HS is huge and important but also should be what the town is about beyond that In PA we had the steel mill workers kids and that is gone.. In WV we had the coal miners kids ..what is Delmar known for? I would assume farming but I could be wrong

Though it's slowly changing even here, that's the difference between upstate and downstate teams. Even if the school is only 35% of the population, way more people work in the school, have grandkids there, or just still follow the program because they went there decades ago. You're right that it's no grand center of industry but it's hard working folks who know each other and support their school. I'll take that any day.

I grew up in Manhattan Kansas and I get the whole town being into the HS football team I have also witnessed kids being destroyed for making a bad play costing his team a game by the town.. Just saying it still is just a game and a town should be proud of its HS team but in moderation. The town should have more important things to be proud of than a kids game

Both these teams have rec league weak offenses that rely on one player breaking something,,, zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Milford made another huge mistake.. again on special teams.. Fumbles punt return .. Wood ball deep in Milfs territory

TD pass Wood up 23-17 .. Milford really isnt that good,, They are Bowman or nothing,,D was way overrated,,

good grief keystone cops out there,,, bad snap punter gets it off then Milf gets p foul giving WB great field position

Milf victory position.. Milf wins 24-23.. I would say it was a great game but it really was't The team that made less mistakes won

Reactions: youjustme
Not sure why it took Milford 3.5 quarters to figure out all it needed to do was find someone capable of turning the right way and handing the ball off to Bowman, but I guess better late than never.

Anyway, I disagree, RR. A high school is the focal point of small communities. It's what makes them great. If you are moving somewhere fairly rural or suburban and you want to make sure it is a nice area, one of the first things you should do is check the high school. If it is performing well academically and athletically, it is a thriving community.

Reactions: sbb19940
Not sure why it took Milford 3.5 quarters to figure out all it needed to do was find someone capable of turning the right way and handing the ball off to Bowman, but I guess better late than never.

Anyway, I disagree, RR. A high school is the focal point of small communities. It's what makes them great. If you are moving somewhere fairly rural or suburban and you want to make sure it is a nice area, one of the first things you should do is check the high school. If it is performing well academically and athletically, it is a thriving community.

Very well put, good food for thought

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT