ADVERTISEMENT

Sat scores week 6

Smyrna will not run the table with the remaining schedule. Dover will be tough to handle and will come out on top of that battle. I think Sallies will hang tough and the battle of young guys will go to Sallies this year. Look for Smyrna to have 5 L’s this year. Bold prediction, but honest from watching THIS years team.

3b05ed9fd4e4456cacf640ec361e496b

Archmere replaced Caravel with Woodbridge.

No they didnt... they may have scheduled Woodbridge but it wasn't in place of Caravel. CA scheduled Woodbridge as well,, as well as St Elizabeths is back on board for CA... CA gained two in state but ST Marks and Archmere dropped them otherwise CA could have a full in state schedule with the exception of Silver Oak . St marks dropped CA in all sports and Archmere followed suit over one transfer kid,, and quite frankly the kid (and I mean no disrespect) is just an ok player but is great kid none the less... seriously..

Sallies will finish 6-4

Wins : WP, St. Marks

Losses : Westminster, Smyrna

I overrated them a few weeks back saying they could be 8-2 or 9-1.

Sals will actually beat Smyrna.. Smyrna way overrated due to last three years Sallies isn't really that bad Middletown is just that good

It might actually be a good thing they go to FLA and get smacked around...No one in DE is going to do it lol

Last edited:
Sallies isn't really that bad Middletown is just that good
Sallies will finish 6-4 I overrated them a few weeks back saying they could be 8-2 or 9-1.
You guys are probably both correct on what I kept of your quotes. The Sals competition in the first 4 games was bad. You had to read that to get an idea as to where they really were. I think the Sals will have their hands full at Penn. I think Smyrna will beat them at Smyrna. Westminster as homecoming calls for them to step up. If they continue to lose, St. Marks game might be important to stop a losing streak and have a .500 season.

Having said all that this team is young. 2 years ago like close to half the starters were in CYM FB. The young talent is promising but not guaranteed to turn out to be top notch.

Middletown isn't 2012 but they are real good. I don't see any DE HS FB team beating them....time to get working on those city rankings...

You guys are probably both correct on what I kept of your quotes. The Sals competition in the first 4 games was bad. You had to read that to get an idea as to where they really were. I think the Sals will have their hands full at Penn. I think Smyrna will beat them at Smyrna. Westminster as homecoming calls for them to step up. If they continue to lose, St. Marks game might be important to stop a losing streak and have a .500 season.

Having said all that this team is young. 2 years ago like close to half the starters were in CYM FB. The young talent is promising but not guaranteed to turn out to be top notch.

Middletown isn't 2012 but they are real good. I don't see any DE HS FB team beating them....time to get working on those city rankings...

St Marks has zero chance of beating Sals and I mean zero.. so lets get that straight. as far as Middletown they don't have D1 guys like 2012 but what they do have is a team of very good players who are well coached who play very well together,, is that enough to beat an IMG no but its enough to smoke everyone in DE and they will

Archmere's up 27-10, so barring a collapse:

After Week 6
D2 Points

1. A.i. DuPont - 6,6,4,4,4 = 24 = 4.8
2. Delmar - 6,4,4,4, 4, 4 = 26 = 4.3333
3. Howard - 6, 1, 4, 4, 4, 4 = 23 = 3.83333
4. Friends - 4,4,4,0, 6, 4 = 22 = 3.67
5. Tower Hill - 0,4,6,4, 4, 4 = 22 = 3.67
6. Archmere - 1,4,4,4, 4, 4 = 21 = 3.5
7. St. Marks - 6,4,4,0, 4, 0 = 18 = 3
8. Mckean - 4,4,0,6, 0, 4 = 18 = 3
---------------------------------------------------
9. Woodbridge - 4,1,0,4, 4, 4 = 17 = 2.8333
10. Milford - 1,0,6,4,4, 0 = 14 = 2.8
11. St. E - 4,4,0,4, 4, 0 = 16 = 2.67
12. DMA - 6,4,4,0, 1, 0 = 15 = 2.5
13. FSMA - 4,4,4,0, 0 = 12 = 2.4
14. Brandywine - 0,4,4,0, 4, 1 = 13 = 2.167
15. Lake Forest 0, 4, 0, 4, 4, 0 = 12 = 2

1 AI vs. 8 McKean
2 Delmar vs. 7 St. Mark's
3 Howard vs. 6 Archmere
4 Friends vs. 5 Tower Hill
New Church 44 - St Andrews 24 today. New Church is 7-0 so 1 bp goes to Friends...

Reactions: ReturnOfTheGate
Hodgson 48, William Penn 7, FINAL
Concord 21, Delcastle 0, FINAL
Red Lion Christian 14, Tatnall 6, FINAL

I felt Howard had to split with St. G/Hodgson/St. Mark's/AI to have a shot at the tournament. They've beaten St. G/St. Mark's with AI coming to Baynard next week for the Flight B title. St. Mark's is in the danger zone because now they have to beat DMA AND Woodbridge in back to back weeks to even have a shot.

Yeah STM seemed like lock two weeks ago and first the Archmere 6 turnover debacle and now this.

STM dropped Caravel due to the a jack ass move by the Caravel HC. Has nothing to due with football as they have been a pretty compettive series between them - funny they seem to trade blowouts.

What move did Reed do? telling the kid not to come to CA? Its not like CA is a mecca for TE/DE kids lol If CA is going to recruit it will be kids like Savage not Balint. CA has kids applying all the time they go through the same process and Reed is not involved in that.

Now if you want to talk about Reed as a HC well Reed puts that on his assistants Reed handles the day to day press and parent problems as well as the politics of it all X and O aint his thing Bottom line CA did not recruit the Balint kid he left St M for whatever reasons and to suggest CA should have turned him away is silly CA doesn't turn kids away for anything other than not being academically qualified

Last edited:
Caravel has always been kind of shady . I’m not talking just about football either . Although I’d rather play them and kick their ass instead of dropping them .

St. Marks is a joke. If they dropped a team because A kid went some where else. please tell me they didn’t recruit the two boys from st elizabeth who are there now. Coach leaves and brings two with him. Come on man. I’m just happy they are losing after playing weak schedule to start. Next four weeks is going to be tough.

Billy doesn't have the horses to hang his ascot on this YEAR. I thought Billy had a good third quarter drive that took time off clock. This is what he wanted to do with the first series.
The Sals did a good job stopping the run and when they did get pressure on QB he was off. I would of liked to have seen RB get to the edge more, there is no doubt he can out run everyone.

All Right for Now and It Will All Workout (Tom Petty). I like the Smyrna match up in favor of the Sals.

Reactions: Uncle Bumfuzzled
STM dropped Caravel due to the a jack ass move by the Caravel HC. Has nothing to due with football as they have been a pretty compettive series between them - funny they seem to trade blowouts.
I do not know much about the TE transfer situation. If Wilson was leaving, and my child was the TE I would look around at other schools. I would try to look at the a school that will utilize the TE. He clearly has the size to get some looks at the next level.

I have been to 2 caravel games and they definitely get him involved in the game plan.

I will begin saying I have no idea or information on how and why the kid transferred from St Marks Just like I have no idea why Medley transferred as well, I do know they did it for reasons beyond football or wrestling though as DIAA approved their waivers,,, so whats going on at St Marks causing upper class kids to think they have to get out of there? Its certainly not CA coaches recruiting them That's total nonsense

Last edited:
Had nothing to do with the transfers - much more juvenile things Reed did becuase he was pissed with STM.

I will begin saying I have no idea or information on how and why the kid transferred from St Marks Just like I have no idea why Medley transferred as well, I do know they did it for reasons beyond football or wrestling though as DIAA approved their waivers,,, so whats going on at St Marks causing upper class kids to think they have to get out of there? Its certainly not CA coaches recruiting them That's total nonsense

As far as recruiting etc two things -

First dont think that was the issue between the two schools, heard from a great source that it was some thing much more childish then this.

Second they ALL recruit STM, Caravel, Sallies, Smryna, MTown, Appo, Archmere, etc across all sports. Trust me if a kid is good enough they have other players, parents and some times even coaches in their ears recruiting them. And in some cases kids dont pay what thier family can financially afford - so its not just financial aid. Some times its not financial is preference in the "choice" program to get kids into certain schools, etc.

If you dont think this is happening trust me it is.

St Marks better step up the recruiting . 520 enrollment (maybe) says otherwise.

You didn’t mention any of the SPL teams. Kids going to Tower Hill and Friends etc for under 10K because they’re academically gifted but just happen to be athletes.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT