ADVERTISEMENT

Semi Final Schedule

It's exactly what it would have been. There are those that give the old don't worry about the money let's get you qualified for entry and committed. first. They would have walked you through it once you applied and whatever your award was (usually a percentage) if it wasn't enough then some of the schools have other programs or charities to draw from. It was even like this at St Frances (pre Poggi), kids go there thinking they are on a full ride then low and behold their parents get a bill. After football season of course lol I am not saying that there aren't some schools out there that give full rides for sports there are some but mostly ones that aren't part of any state association though
I think it would have been more on the academic scholarship side because almost all of them fell on the private catholic side or the straight up prep school side. But luckily didn't matter and we didn't have to find out or possibly get screwed lol

. Thanks to Abessinio's donation Sals is on easy street at the moment. I remember not too long ago they were at about 850,000 given out a year. Like 3 years ago lol
Most poeple don't know Amazon Jeff Bezo dad is a Salesiaum grad and just committed 12 million for scolarships. Salles is going to rolling in money for a long time. Look for them to bring in some student who happen to be athletes wink wink ......

Little far fetched to say that they lead the state in unsportsmanlike penalties unless you have seen every game by every team. And one of my biggest gripes is that they do pick up more then they should and should be more disciplined in the middle of games. There was a play this weekend where a caravel player laid out the center after the play was over and stood over him, when the center was getting up he pushed the caravel player away from him and they were both flagged. In all honesty only the caravel player should have been flagged. You can say that I am watching through a fans eyes but there does seem to be a disparity at times.
I couldn’t disagree with this post more, I was at the Caravel game and saw the play that is being discussed completely. The DMA player pancaked the Caravel player, as the Caravel player was attempting to get up, the DMA player continued to push and elbow the Caravel player while on the ground. This happened 15 yards behind the play. As the Caravel player was getting to his knees, the Caravel player pushed the DMA player and the ref thru the flag, I thought for sure that it was on the Caravel player because as you know the ref always catches the 2nd guy. The ref called offsetting fouls, which was the correct call, and if the Caravel player didn’t push the DMA player it should have been unnecessary roughness on DMA. Should not use that call as an example, it was the correct call.

I didn’t want to get into this but, I have been at 2 DMA games this year Archmere and Caravel and I have seen DMA take bad personal fouls. In the Archmere game they got a personal foul on a player who wasn’t even in the game at the time. An Archmere player made a tackle on the DMA sideline, a DMA player proceeds to run over and push and trip the Archmere player as he try’s to get back to the field, plain as day. Multiple refs thru a flag, DMA argues the call and then a DMA lineman says something to the ref and gets another flag. There is no vendetta against DMA, they absolutely deserved those penalties against Archmere and Caravel. The play in the Archmere game starts at about the 46 minute mark on the 302sports broadcast of the game. You can look at it on youtube. It is crystal clear that the bench player went after the Archmere player.

Just got home. Getting to see some interesting stuff. Catholic is spelled with a capital “c“ unless it is used in the context of meaning “universal”.

Also, Miguel Bezos gift to Salesianum will actually be higher as some of it will bring in matching monies. Also, remember that Mr, Abessinio and Mr. Fusco had already given a total of approximately $30M.

A large chunk of donations are for construction costs. By the way, I believe there has been major gifts to DMA by Mr. Fusco. Not bad for a guy who started with an Italian water ice stand on Union St.

Reactions: Billow1980
I couldn’t disagree with this post more, I was at the Caravel game and saw the play that is being discussed completely. The DMA player pancaked the Caravel player, as the Caravel player was attempting to get up, the DMA player continued to push and elbow the Caravel player while on the ground. This happened 15 yards behind the play. As the Caravel player was getting to his knees, the Caravel player pushed the DMA player and the ref thru the flag, I thought for sure that it was on the Caravel player because as you know the ref always catches the 2nd guy. The ref called offsetting fouls, which was the correct call, and if the Caravel player didn’t push the DMA player it should have been unnecessary roughness on DMA. Should not use that call as an example, it was the correct call.
I didn’t want to get into this but, I have been at 2 DMA games this year Archmere and Caravel and I have seen DMA take bad personal fouls. In the Archmere game they got a personal foul on a player who wasn’t even in the game at the time. An Archmere player made a tackle on the DMA sideline, a DMA player proceeds to run over and push and trip the Archmere player as he try’s to get back to the field, plain as day. Multiple refs thru a flag, DMA argues the call and then a DMA lineman says something to the ref and gets another flag. There is no vendetta against DMA, they absolutely deserved those penalties against Archmere and Caravel. The play in the Archmere game starts at about the 46 minute mark on the 302sports broadcast of the game. You can look at it on youtube. It is crystal clear that the bench player went after the Archmere player.
I will admit when I'm wrong I caught the second part of the caravel play when the caravel player pushed and stood over him. It was on the far side and that was when I looked up. And I said that DMA does take plenty of stupid penalties and a majority of them they inflict on themselves. But bringing up the Archmere game there was a kickoff where the DMA player was tackled and he was blown down and he was on his knees and then he got blasted by an Archmere player and there was no call on that one. Believe me I'm not saying there is a conspiracy against DMA. I said a few days ago it seems like the team that starts getting penalties first usually ends up with more. But a very odd thing from the Caravel game, Caravel ran the ball 40 times and I believe they had maybe 0 or 1 holding call. When people say that there is holding on every play I'm just surprised that there really wasn't any called with that many run plays. Once again not saying there was any type of conspiracy I just found that to be odd

I will admit when I'm wrong I caught the second part of the caravel play when the caravel player pushed and stood over him. It was on the far side and that was when I looked up. And I said that DMA does take plenty of stupid penalties and a majority of them they inflict on themselves. But bringing up the Archmere game there was a kickoff where the DMA player was tackled and he was blown down and he was on his knees and then he got blasted by an Archmere player and there was no call on that one. Believe me I'm not saying there is a conspiracy against DMA. I said a few days ago it seems like the team that starts getting penalties first usually ends up with more. But a very odd thing from the Caravel game, Caravel ran the ball 40 times and I believe they had maybe 0 or 1 holding call. When people say that there is holding on every play I'm just surprised that there really wasn't any called with that many run plays. Once again not saying there was any type of conspiracy I just found that to be odd
you are also correct on the Archmere game kickoff, I thought it should have been called on Archmere also. I did not think it was a hard hit but yes it was late and should have been called for sure

Yes, Bib used to be a hater magnet. I think with repeated posts people get to know your perspectives and your sincerity. Bib works his butt off as a resource for this message board. I on he other hand readily admit to being somewhat of a clown,

Bummy used to rag on the Sals. I called them the Slowskys. Then people who beat me up for it started calling them the Slowskys, too. Go figure.

Now, I root for the Sals.

@Billow1980 Me on here during the RLCA recruiting scandal of 2010 ..

bow-arrows.gif

The freshman that played was Anthony Speciale, who came out of the Delaware Ducks youth league. Those kids are all over. A bunch went to St. George, a few at caravel, odessa, Appo, Smyrna, tatnall, my son at DMA. It is a really good league and I can think of at least 4 of them that made all-district as freshmen this year.
Ducks pump out some good players.

Reactions: Longagoplayer
Homefield advantage may be the most overrated thing ever. After all the pomp and circumstance and the whistle blows the best team that day will win regardless of what field they are on.. besides I can't remember the last team to win the championship on their home field.
College ball and pro i get it but HS in DE not much unless it is an upsstate vs downstate and then the advantage is more about not having to travel.

Alright I was staying out of it but some of the posts have been hilarious..........

First is Billow actually Jeremy the best AD in the state?

Second I doubt DMA had anything to do with the location change, I am sure it was DIAA and all about $.

Now onto DMA.............

DMA academics aren't that great, they are middle of the road even for a public school in DE. So acting like it is a school in demand because it's great is a joke it didnt make the top 20 behind academic powerhouses such as Newark, Appo and Dover. The reason it is in demand is that many of the worst schools academically in the state are in Red Clay - its the best option (actually not true that would be Conrad or Charter)

DMA culture? The military aspect is pretty cool I like that. But let's be honest the fans have a bad reputation for being obnoxious, athletes get away with murder, etc hows that a great culture again? How about the three kids caught smoking weed this week in the bathroom that weren't even suspended because they were football players? Or the kid that was caught saying the N word online but wasn't suspended the week of a big lacrosse game last year? They don't hold their kids more accountable than any other school.

DMA is a good school but stop acting holier than thou because its a pretend military school - it's just another average delaware public school nothing more nothing less.

Onto JJ..............

You love JJ thats cool and happy he is doing good things for DMA but because you love him doesn't change the past which is known to somewhat shady at Glasgow. A lot on this board are pretty involved with DE sports (think coaches, ex-coaches, refs, AD) so news like this is well known and that is why many don't like him.

Winning usually drives some hate and your boys are winning so that is probably some of the hate. However a lot of people also hate the new coach from what I hear. I have never met the guy but I everyone I know that has thinks he's an arrogant dick. I do know for a fact that many other coaches do not like him at all for a bunch of different reasons.

ce6b6ebc-3a3d-460f-a563-766d8ca1345d_text.gif

funny-fire.gif

Reactions: delawarenole
Male Karens 🤣

oh for sure, and “alumni sponsorships” I lose zero sleep over it regardless, but then again I am not
Alright I was staying out of it but some of the posts have been hilarious..........

First is Billow actually Jeremy the best AD in the state?

Second I doubt DMA had anything to do with the location change, I am sure it was DIAA and all about $.

Now onto DMA.............

DMA academics aren't that great, they are middle of the road even for a public school in DE. So acting like it is a school in demand because it's great is a joke it didnt make the top 20 behind academic powerhouses such as Newark, Appo and Dover. The reason it is in demand is that many of the worst schools academically in the state are in Red Clay - its the best option (actually not true that would be Conrad or Charter)

DMA culture? The military aspect is pretty cool I like that. But let's be honest the fans have a bad reputation for being obnoxious, athletes get away with murder, etc hows that a great culture again? How about the three kids caught smoking weed this week in the bathroom that weren't even suspended because they were football players? Or the kid that was caught saying the N word online but wasn't suspended the week of a big lacrosse game last year? They don't hold their kids more accountable than any other school.

DMA is a good school but stop acting holier than thou because its a pretend military school - it's just another average delaware public school nothing more nothing less.

Onto JJ..............

You love JJ thats cool and happy he is doing good things for DMA but because you love him doesn't change the past which is known to somewhat shady at Glasgow. A lot on this board are pretty involved with DE sports (think coaches, ex-coaches, refs, AD) so news like this is well known and that is why many don't like him.

Winning usually drives some hate and your boys are winning so that is probably some of the hate. However a lot of people also hate the new coach from what I hear. I have never met the guy but I everyone I know that has thinks he's an arrogant dick. I do know for a fact that many other coaches do not like him at all for a bunch of different reasons.
I get how forums work and people have a right to their opinion, I am not going to continue to white knight for my kids school, just saying 2 more things and Im done 1: my son has a 4.5 gpa came from newark charter plays football and dma allows him to take the dual enrollment/AP but also thrive in sports and multiple extra curriculars, so we are happy, he would have success at other schools and honestly more football success but we love the fact that the school promotes well roundedness and has staff especially JJ who actually give a shit about the kids. Is it the best in academics- no is it the best in sports- no are the kids still kids and do dumb things- yes…people like it because its good at everything not the best at everything 2: some people on here have an AGENDA chiming in with hateful comments about the school whenever they get a chance. So makes me wonder, why take your time to write posts trashing a school and its reputation vs just talking about football. Did DMA personally piss u off by running up the score or didnt accept your kid or as you said maybe u think the parents are obnoxious? There are about 4 guys on here who jump on DMA any chance they get to talk trash. U all should be clear as to why a high school in DE can piss u off bad enough that you continuously trash it for months online writing hateful comments. Is it really about Glasgow basketball from 6 years ago lol. Maybe get back to picking winners and giving opinions on offenses and players and having friendly banter. Where does this HATE come from? For real, get a life honestly

Reactions: DMA_302TakeOver
Sooooo.....someone said something about it wouldn't be playoffs without a friends Woodbridge game, what's the history there

I get how forums work and people have a right to their opinion, I am not going to continue to white knight for my kids school, just saying 2 more things and Im done 1: my son has a 4.5 gpa came from newark charter plays football and dma allows him to take the dual enrollment/AP but also thrive in sports and multiple extra curriculars, so we are happy, he would have success at other schools and honestly more football success but we love the fact that the school promotes well roundedness and has staff especially JJ who actually give a shit about the kids. Is it the best in academics- no is it the best in sports- no are the kids still kids and do dumb things- yes…people like it because its good at everything not the best at everything 2: some people on here have an AGENDA chiming in with hateful comments about the school whenever they get a chance. So makes me wonder, why take your time to write posts trashing a school and its reputation vs just talking about football. Did DMA personally piss u off by running up the score or didnt accept your kid or as you said maybe u think the parents are obnoxious? There are about 4 guys on here who jump on DMA any chance they get to talk trash. U all should be clear as to why a high school in DE can piss u off bad enough that you continuously trash it for months online writing hateful comments. Is it really about Glasgow basketball from 6 years ago lol. Maybe get back to picking winners and giving opinions on offenses and players and having friendly banter. Where does this HATE come from? For real, get a life honestly
For the record I don’t have an issue with DMA just felt it was being put on a pedastal in a few previous threads. Good school - yes . Better then others - not really.

Good to hear your kid is killing it in the classroom and loves the school. That’s what counts not any of these message boards.

Reactions: Billow1980
So back to original question! Who wins which game.

Friday, December 3
7pm – Indian River @ Laurel - I have no idea, will say Laurel but not much insight.
7pm – Wilmington Friends @ Woodbridge - Woodbridge wins a good game
7pm – Dover @ Smyrna - I really want to say Smyrna easily BUT think they win in a closer game then most expect.

Saturday, December 4
12pm – Archmere vs. Delaware Military Academy @ Abessinio Stadium- I want to say Arhmere wi s big given previous game BUT think they win in a closer game then most expect. From what I saw at the CA game DMA is playing very well, especially Green. Kid was running hard.
7pm – St. Elizabeth vs. Tatnall @ Abessinio Stadium - I have no idea but will say STE's after reading other posts.
7pm – Salesianum @ Middletown - Middletown

Reactions: Uncle Bumfuzzled
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT