ADVERTISEMENT

Ship Saturday scores and comments

Can't we just get along! Ref's had a couple bad calls but most were legit...once they blow one call, our fans did not let up on them.

However, how their priority isn't on protecting kids from late hits is beside me. Two on Nolan today right in front of ref's and no call. That'll be another topic at a future date.
its HS not the NFL.. different rules..

Reactions: runningman12001
Had nothing to do with the height of the pass. Smyrna DB did nothing. That ref calls and on sportsmanlike again Smyrna bench too. Ridiculous call as well as the phantom holding call on Letty Brown's touchdown No worries. Better team won despite the stripes
so you were on the sidelines with a mike? run your mouth out comes the flag,,,, instead of blaming the officials blame the sidelines for throwing out the F word. F word gets a flag in HS football everytime

@rr
Ok, you win...the refs did a fine job yesterday, no issues...I was completely wrong. Make sure you check out some media outlets today...they may say otherwise. Then again, no one knows as much as you.

I thought I'd stand my ground on here but I don't have it in me...not sure how some of you do it.

I was never typing w/one hand and pounding my fist on the table w/the other...do yourself a favor and try not to interpret a poster's tone and demeanor from reading a text off a forum. Trust me, you guys were way off in this case as far as my intentions go.

I still think it's hilarious when tables are turned and tantrums are thrown and some on here have a hard time handling it.

For those of you that use this forum for how it was intended, PLEASE keep up the good work...I apologize taking up your time w/my posts.

its cool bro.. I was just confused why you would spend your time railing on the refs on the eve of your son winning a state ship? seems odd to me but again I am an odd fellow so whatever apology accepted

Last edited:
@rr
Ok, you win...the refs did a fine job yesterday, no issues...I was completely wrong. Make sure you check out some media outlets today...they may say otherwise. Then again, no one knows as much as you.

I thought I'd stand my ground on here but I don't have it in me...not sure how some of you do it.

I was never typing w/one hand and pounding my fist on the table w/the other...do yourself a favor and try not to interpret a poster's tone and demeanor from reading a text off a forum. Trust me, you guys were way off in this case as far as my intentions go.

I still think it's hilarious when tables are turned and tantrums are thrown and some on here have a hard time handling it.

For those of you that use this forum for how it was intended, PLEASE keep up the good work...I apologize taking up your time w/my posts.
Man you ok.. We debate all the time and mostly disagree with each other everyday... Thats Wat makes the forum fun and not boring...

I do have a question,, what was the intended use of this forum?

I will say every other forum I frequent in the last 8 months turned into a cesspool of Politics, Religion and Racial nonsense.. I think we at DePreps should count our blessings we didn't fall prey to all that,, Kudos to the posters here

Last edited:
Reactions: Jawnsky
Kind of funny I just read an article with this statement--
"Literally every game from any sport nowadays has somebody crying about officiating. What is wrong with sports fans these days?"

Kind of funny I just read an article with this statement--
"Literally every game from any sport nowadays has somebody crying about officiating. What is wrong with sports fans these days?"
Its always someone else's fault when they lose.. People cant fathom their team or kid just wasn't good enough..

Man you ok.. We debate all the time and mostly disagree with each other everyday... Thats Wat makes the forum fun and not boring...

@hoops
I can debate w/the best of them in the right environment...trust me. On here, it seems to stray and gets a lil off topic. Then it's all jokes when certain people want it to be. Did you read all my posts? Don't blame ya if ya didn't but making my comment turned into me criticizing officials(not "critiquing"), to disrespecting the other team and wanting to score more points, and even being responsible for booing fans...which I still don't get.

Anyone on this forum can say and try to justify their thought process...just some more than others.

Trust me, there's nothing personal to anyone on here...and I'm no where near as serious of a guy as you, or anyone else on here, may believe. Maybe it's another misinterpretation due to my career choice.

It's just not my cup of tea and I'll leave it at that. If you're ever at Smyrna for bball, look me up and I'll gladly meet ya and talk sports. I mean that sincerely. I believe you work at UPS so you must not be that bad. Lol

I'm out...Happy and safe Holidays to all!

I just thought you picked a bad time to "critique" the officials.

I do think you have legitimate concerns.

It's Delaware though and change , for some reason , is difficult in our state.

I had no dog in the fight yesterday and just like the kids/teams/coaches and fans can have a bad day.....so can officials.......IMHO, I believe they were having a bad day. Again-it did not change the outcome but it sure as hell interrupted the game and could have gotten someone seriously hurt and that's my main issue. Cavs play a tough hard brand of football which I like but they cross the line a lil too often (cheapshots) and also run their mouths more than any program I have ever seen. Its not only allowed-its encouraged......Did the Smyrna fans boo yesterday at some legit penalties ....sure, but its reasonable when the officials allow some bad penalties go.
Any ref will tell you that a good day is when you never really notice them.....yesterday it was impossible not to notice them.

I had no dog in the fight yesterday and just like the kids/teams/coaches and fans can have a bad day.....so can officials.......IMHO, I believe they were having a bad day. Again-it did not change the outcome but it sure as hell interrupted the game and could have gotten someone seriously hurt and that's my main issue. Cavs play a tough hard brand of football which I like but they cross the line a lil too often (cheapshots) and also run their mouths more than any program I have ever seen. Its not only allowed-its encouraged......Did the Smyrna fans boo yesterday at some legit penalties ....sure, but its reasonable when the officials allow some bad penalties go.
Any ref will tell you that a good day is when you never really notice them.....yesterday it was impossible not to notice them.

Cue RR complaining about something in your post. I would have LOVED to have been on this board when his kid played. Those rants were probably priceless.

"Brad Myers didn't call my kids name for a tackle!! That's why he isn't getting recruited for anything above Wesley!!! My son was right when he said F**k Brad Myers right in front of said Brad Myers!!"

Cue RR complaining about something in your post. I would have LOVED to have been on this board when his kid played. Those rants were probably priceless.

"Brad Myers didn't call my kids name for a tackle!! That's why he isn't getting recruited for anything above Wesley!!! My son was right when he said F**k Brad Myers right in front of said Brad Myers!!"

Would have been funny to see all the pro-Red Lion rants too. How'd that turn out again?

RR and I have disagreed many times and several of us have-sometimes very spirited LOL
But he knows more than most on here and brings a lot to the table. If he disagrees with anything I say I take no issue and will respect his opinion and/or agree to disagree if need be. I am not going to get into when his son played because he never really brought that into play.
The only thing he really took heat over was his take and feelings when involved at RLCA and he took plenty of heat on that but his family made a decision to move on and at least he has continued to follow and comment on that saga. He has even admitted/changed his tune when he felt he needed to.
-We all a bunch of idiots at times....

RR and I have disagreed many times and several of us have-sometimes very spirited LOL
But he knows more than most on here and brings a lot to the table. If he disagrees with anything I say I take no issue and will respect his opinion and/or agree to disagree if need be. I am not going to get into when his son played because he never really brought that into play.
The only thing he really took heat over was his take and feelings when involved at RLCA and he took plenty of heat on that but his family made a decision to move on and at least he has continued to follow and comment on that saga. He has even admitted/changed his tune when he felt he needed to.

I will disagree with one thing. We are a bunch of idiots at ALL times. Myself included. I'm at the top of the list.

Were any excuses made for Red Lion at that time? Because he's very anti-excuse right. Sooooo

Ps love you RR. I really do. The disagreements are fun. Let's get a beer and talk RLCA, Smyrna and how wrong everyone else is about everything.

so you were on the sidelines with a mike? run your mouth out comes the flag,,,, instead of blaming the officials blame the sidelines for throwing out the F word. F word gets a flag in HS football everytime

Ps if an F word got a flag every time than Middletown would have had 50 penalties yesterday per some good sources....but if I recall they didn't get any...

why are you being so stupid? I get you are just trying to rile me up.. but none of that is remotely true.. cmon man .. take all the shots you want I dont care I can take it but be accurate,honest and dont spin shit..

Ps if an F word got a flag every time than Middletown would have had 50 penalties yesterday per some good sources....but if I recall they didn't get any...
MT did have penalties in fact just about as many as SHS.. of course dumb shits like yourself don't recognize it you only focus on the calls vs your team Its pretty common actually.. Smyrna is worst sore winners I have ever seen.. ridiculous... before today I rooted for Smyrna. now I hope they never win again.. Fans are terrible WTF I hate crybabies

MT did have penalties in fact just about as many as SHS.. of course dumb shits like yourself don't recognize it you only focus on the calls vs your team Its pretty common actually.. Smyrna is worst sore winners I have ever seen.. ridiculous... before today I rooted for Smyrna. now I hope they never win again.. Fans are terrible WTF I hate crybabies

Haha it's literally just me saying shit, not every smyrna fan. I don't think every caravel parent is a dumb dirtball junk salesman just because of my experiences with you.

Haha it's literally just me saying shit, not every smyrna fan. I don't think every caravel parent is a dumb dirtball junk salesman just because of my experiences with you.
I dont think you are even a Smyrna fan.. not so long ago you were on here posing as a Middletown fan as BrownCowPoopsStain or something like that. Everyone knows your a troll..but your my troll

why are you being so stupid? I get you are just trying to rile me up.. but none of that is remotely true.. cmon man .. take all the shots you want I dont care I can take it but be accurate,honest and dont spin shit..

I didn't spin anything, Joe. You said what your kid said to that writer and then said you hated his guts and called him fat and suggested you'd fight him if you saw him in person because he didn't say your kids name and said another kid was the leading tackler.

Omg those are fighting words!! We all think you're a big strong man

Granted you've changed the story a couple times since your original telling of it, but I'm basing my comments off your first version.

Can we talk about RLCA? I'd like you to reasses that situation for me and tell me how right you thought you were at the time and how wrong you turned out to be and then we can hopefully help you apply the lessons you didn't learn then to current scenarios where you say you're right and everyone else is wrong

I didn't spin anything, Joe. You said what your kid said to that writer and then said you hated his guts and called him fat and suggested you'd fight him if you saw him in person because he didn't say your kids name and said another kid was the leading tackler.

Omg those are fighting words!! We all think you're a big strong man

Granted you've changed the story a couple times since your original telling of it, but I'm basing my comments off your first version.
Really? find the quote where I said I hated anyone's guts... quote people accurately or not at all.. the story changed because what I repeated was based off what someone told me which obviously was embellished,, my son corrected me on the real so I had an obligation to correct it... I dont mind talk or taking shots but dont spin shit.. I hate that .. Say what I said period or better yet quote me just dont spin it to mean what you want it to mean to advance your agenda...that is not facts it propaganda.. Communist love that shit

Can we talk about RLCA? I'd like you to reasses that situation for me and tell me how right you thought you were at the time and how wrong you turned out to be and then we can hopefully help you apply the lessons you didn't learn then to current scenarios where you say you're right and everyone else is wrong

If I thought you were being genuine we certainly could... Its obvious you are just a clown so we wont..

Really? find the quote where I said I hated anyone's guts... quote people accurately or not at all.. the story changed because what I repeated was based off what someone told me which obviously was embellished,, my son corrected me on the real so I had an obligation to correct it... I dont mind talk or taking shots but dont spin shit.. I hate that .. Say what I said period or better yet quote me just dont spin it to mean what you want it to mean to advance your agenda...that is not facts it propaganda.. Communist love that shit

I would quote you but you delete/edit your comments constantly. propaganda. communist

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT