ADVERTISEMENT

Should Nolan Henderson do a grad transfer?

Uncle Bumfuzzled

D1AA Prospect
Sep 11, 2012
It is my understanding that Nolan is done for the year due to an injury and surgery recovery. It looks like the Hens season is down the drain. They host JMU this weekend.

Henderson has a year left next year as a grad student. Should he stay or do the one year grad transfer thing?

He had a an impressive Spring. If healthy, he could QB a 1 A college program.

It would be good to see him play up a level.

I would imagine he would be better suited playing at Delaware and trying to win a national championship there. If he did move up I imagine to start he would probably end up at a group 5 school and it would be one of the smaller ones too.

Reactions: Uncle Bumfuzzled
Hey, I forgot about that. In my opinion, when healthy, Nolan is the most dynamic UD QB since Bill Vergantino. I hope he comes back to UD healthy next Fall.

Let me connect some disconnected dots, here. I think if Ian Book had come back to ND this year, they would have beaten Cincinnati. We know the Irish are not close to being a real Top 5 team this year. Hell, it is halfway through the season and bad hair plugs Brian Kelly hasn‘t picked a starting QB yet!

QB Book was eligible to come back as a 6th year guy. As ND’s schedule is light this year, they would have gone undefeated with Book and gotten into the Dance (only to get whacked by GA.) With NIL, Book would have made a couple of million $’s and won the Heisman. Who was advising that kid? He doesn’t have an Uncle Bummy to guide his life..

Anyway, back to Nolan. They have to find a way to keep him healthy next year!!!

Apologies for the incoherency.

Last edited:
Delaware's luck to recruit a kid with Division 1 qualities but having a Division 3 body.. I have seen Henderson laying prone on the field far too many times. Time to move on with still healthy.

No question about the talent… his body type is more like a young Garry Maddox or young Jerry West. … but they weren’t playing football.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT