ADVERTISEMENT

Smyrna vs Dover or Middletown vs Sallies...

Closet game Smyrna vs Dover or Middletown vs Sallies?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jun 30, 2011
Which team has an easier or harder semi final game? I know both Smyrna and Middletown are heavily favorites but what your thoughts?

Dover already played Smyrna while Sallies vs Middletown games was cancelled. Does this the help Dover since they already seen what's in store?

Can the Senators slow down Knight and company or can Sallies score on Middletown vaulted defense?

Just try to spark discussion other than both have no shot . . .

Smyrna v Dover for the reasons you said. They played before and Dover did hang for a bit so they know they "can" do it. Dover will have to play mistake free and mostly penalty free to pull it off but they have the athletes to do it. Sallies will get RC'd they can't match up with MT at all.

I think the Dover/Smyrna game will be closer. Dover was within one touchdown in the middle of the 3rd. Perfect play on Dovers part could pull the upset.

Reactions: Woody_Wood
Longago...the Sussex Central defeat of Smyrna and Middletown last year informs us that there is a possibility (no matter how slim) of a Dover or a Big S Championship. Having said that I don't know anyone who hasn't predicted an MDT-SMY final.

By the way, Dover had the Sals on the ropes and let them off the hook....

Reactions: BackinBlack86
Longago...the Sussex Central defeat of Smyrna and Middletown last year informs us that there is a possibility (no matter how slim) of a Dover or a Big S Championship. Having said that I don't know anyone who hasn't predicted an MDT-SMY final.

By the way, Dover had the Sals on the ropes and let them off the hook....

Dover was up 21-6 mid 2nd then 21-9 at the half. From late 2nd into the 4th Sals reeled off 24 unanswered. Dover didn't let them off the hook they crapped the bed... lol

1234Final
Date: 11/5/2021Dover HS@ 7:00pm
Salesianum School6372238
Dover HS7140728
Scoring Summary:

S - Sam Dumas 25 yard pass from Conor Campbell. Pass failed.
D - Tyron Abrams 29 yard pass from Jordan Moran. Brandon Yoder kick.

End 1 D-7 S-6

D - John Parker 35 yard pass from Jordan Moran. Brandon Yoder kick.
D - Brandon Eloi 35 yard interception return. Brandon Yoder kick.
S - James Collins 26 yard field goal.

End 2 D-21 S-9

S - Ryan Rzucidlo 20 yard pass from Conor Campbell. James Collins kick.

End 3 D-21 S-16

S - Conor Campbell 1 yard run. Sam Dumas pass from Conor Campbell.
S - Lukas Ryan 22 yard pass from Conor Campbell. James Collins kick.
D - John Parker 19 yard pass from Jordan Moran. Brandon Yoder kick.
S - Conor Campbell 4 yard run. James Collins kick.

Game S-38 D-28

Last edited:
Oh I totally agree that really every team this weekend has a chance to win. It should be a good weekend of football

Oh I totally agree that really every team this weekend has a chance to win. It should be a good weekend of football

Sallies has no chance

RUNNING.gif

Recap of Dover v Smyrna.

Dover did get it to 20-13 in the 4th but then Smyrna smacked them with two big plays to seal it. Have to give Edge and Smyrna credit, throws a pick 6 in 4th putting Dover in the game and with momentum. Comes right back out and throws a 30yd strike to Demoe. That's what you want to see from a D1 QB for sure..

1234Final
Date: 10/22/2021Smyrna HS@ 7:00pm
Dover HS007613
Smyrna HS12801434
Scoring Summary:

S- W Knight 5 pass from Edge (Pass fail)
S- W Knight 9 run (run fail)

End 1 S-12 D-0

S- W Knight 35 run (Y Knight run)

End 2 S-20 D-0

D- Kilby 10 run (Yoder kick)

End 3 S-20 D-7

D- Roth 19yd Int Return (Kick fail)
S- Demoe 30 pass from Edge (W Knight run)
S- W Knight 40 run (run fail)

Game S-34 D-13

Last edited:
Reactions: Huskerman7
Recap of Dover v Smyrna.

Dover did get it to 20-13 in the 4th but then Smyrna smacked them with two big plays to seal it. Have to give Edge and Smyrna credit, throws a pick 6 in 4th putting Dover in the game and with momentum. Comes right back out and throws a 30yd strike to Demoe. That's what you want to see from a D1 QB for sure..

1234Final
Date: 10/22/2021Smyrna HS@ 7:00pm
Dover HS007613
Smyrna HS12801434
Scoring Summary:

S- W Knight 5 pass from Edge (Pass fail)
S- W Knight 9 run (run fail)

End 1 S-12 D-0

S- W Knight 35 run (Y Knight run)

End 2 S-20 D-0

D- Kilby 10 run (Yoder kick)

End S-20 D-7

D- Roth 19yd Int Return (Kick fail)
S- Demoe 30 pass from Edge (W Knight run)
S- W Knight 40 run (run fail)

Game S-34 D-13
I've been very impressed with Edge, he looks the part, moves well, has really good mechanics and an arm. In the MT/Smyrna game it just seemed like MT lines were able to wear down Smyrnas and that's where the game changed. For Dover to win I think that is where they will have to do it. If Dover can sustain long time killing drives I think that will be in their favor

I agree with Bib. The Sals have no shot this weekend.

Middletown 35
Sals. 7

Smyrna is on a roll again at the perfect time.

Smyrna 40
Dover 12

MT 42
SALS 17

Here we go, maybe this will help.
Billys' Clothing Line For Success available now at the Middletown GoodWill.

Pants = Khakis (traditional fit)
Shirt = Classic Long Sleeve Oxford (faded light pink, might have been white one time only)
Hat = Ascot (blue, faded of course)

Good Luck to ALL! (with parking)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT