Division 2
1. Milford
2. St. Georges
3. Indian River
4. Delmar
5. Laurel
6. Sanford

Who agrees.
  • I think Penn is really young and rebuilding. If they don't make it, who does?
  • I like SC over Cape
  • D2, no Lake, no Caravel, no Hodgson, no DMA. Makes me think

I think Dover should be in the discussion for D1. The finished 1st at the Polytech Invitational (206 pts) 5 spots ahead of Middletown (124 pts). I would be comfortable putting them at #4.

I would probably drop Delmar out, put Laurel. at 4, Caravel at 5, Sanford at 6. After that I would have Lake and ahead of Delmar as they finished 4 places ahead of Delmar at Milford Invite.

Laurel finished ahead of St. Georges at Polytech invite too, so maybe in D2 its Milford, IR, Laurel, St. Georges, Caravel, Sanford

Not to hijack the thread, but Central looked dominant this past weekend. I agree at putting them at 2 over Cape. Central/Smyrna match will be worth the price of admission for sure.

Reactions: 84rider
You gotta remember that Middletown, St George's, WP and Smyrna are all good teams that had football players still out for early season tournaments.

Reactions: youjustme
Oh definitely not taking anything away from SC. They dominated teams points at Milford. I love that he gets these kids with little to no experience up top and makes them into state qualifiers or even placers.

Reactions: CountianJeff
So we are 2 weeks in now. Any new thoughts?

1 SC
2 Cape
3 Smyrna
4 Sallies
5 Dover
6 WP

1 Milford
2 Indian River
3 St George
4 Laurel
5 Sanford
6 Lake Forest

You are right they have a tough schedule for sure. I don't think they get by SC or Smyrna and lost to Cape. They have Sallies and Dover on there schedule also but just not sure they get past those teams but maybe they do. If there is one thing I have learned over the years you can never count a C R team out of the mix though.

JAN 2 NEWS JOURNAL RANKINGS
WRESTLING

DIVISION I

1. Smyrna (2-0) 1

2. Sussex Central (2-0) 2

3. Cape Henlopen (3-0) 3

4. Caesar Rodney (1-2) 4

5. Salesianum (0-0) 5

DIVISION II

1. Milford (2-0) 1

2. St. Georges (0-1) 2

3. Sanford (0-0) 3